A.D. Danny White; discussion thread

I know Earl/ @FormerLadyVolFan personally and if he says he sat next to Geno,,,only Geno could convince me otherwise. He thought Kellie was done wrong and he acted as he felt and stayed true to his friend, Kellie... He had a good relationship with Kellie and he hosted several of the players who had meals with him and his family at his home.

And fans!.. He has a heart of gold and often gave up his season ticket seats and parking passes to people who couldn't afford to go otherwise.

I know Earl, do you?
I know his business and I know how much of a loss he was to the athletic dept. booster org.
My opinion is not an opinion at all it is personal knowledge,,,is yours?

He gave inside info that he (like all who are true insiders) considered true and valid.
Everyone, including yours truly here, have had absolute inside knowledge that went awry at the last minute.

All that said, if anyone says anything other than what I just wrote,,,they are either lying, guessing or black-balling him!...Nuff said!
Thank you for providing clarity, Coach. Hopefully all can appreciate and accept the spirit with which it was offered.

I know Earl/ @FormerLadyVolFan personally and if he says he sat next to Geno,,,only Geno could convince me otherwise. He thought Kellie was done wrong and he acted as he felt and stayed true to his friend, Kellie... He had a good relationship with Kellie and he hosted several of the players who had meals with him and his family at his home.

And fans!.. He has a heart of gold and often gave up his season ticket seats and parking passes to people who couldn't afford to go otherwise.

I know Earl, do you?
I know his business and I know how much of a loss he was to the athletic dept. booster org.
My opinion is not an opinion at all it is personal knowledge,,,is yours?

He gave inside info that he (like all who are true insiders) considered true and valid.
Everyone, including yours truly here, have had absolute inside knowledge that went awry at the last minute.

All that said, if anyone says anything other than what I just wrote,,,they are either lying, guessing or black-balling him!...Nuff said!
The way Earl is behaving now demonstrates why people shouldn’t be emotionally tied to a coach. Probably a good thing that we don’t have a former Lady Vol as a coach any more.

I wasn't emotionally attached to Kellie. I am a businessman who has run several businesses, including the one I've been President of for the last 30 years, so I know a little about management principles. I've had to fire a few people during that time, not many, thankfully. A tenant of management is that when you fire someone for cause, it should not be a surprise to either party. It is my understanding that the only time this season that Danny White met with Kellie was when he let her go.

The Lady Vols had all of the pieces in place to get over the top, but needed the proper NIL funding to get the players and depth they needed to overcome the various injuries to key players they've had over the last three seasons and it was withheld from them.

Despite that they made the tournament every year and the Sweet 16 twice. Each team that eliminated them from the tournament the last three seasons made the final four. You can blather all you want about her record against ranked teams, but basketball is a tournament sport, and the tournament is what matters.

I've been a Lady Vol basketball supporter since Pat was dating R.B. (he introduced me to the game) and I've always wanted what was best for the team. I truly believe that the AD has made a serious mistake in handling the situation. I just hope his ego didn't blind his judgement - another common management mistake.

The Fair Use Doctrine was mentioned above. Other than in an educational setting, that doctrine generally does not permit copying and posting of an entire newspaper article.

The Fair Use provisions of the Copyright Act allow you to copy and use copyrighted material for specific purposes — including criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research — that serve the public interest as determined by four factors:

1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes.
  2. The nature of the copyrighted work.
  3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole.
  4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

source for the material quoted above — What is Fair Use and When is it Infringement? - Michelson IP

Last edited:
Context matters. Mr. FormerLVFan, under his now retired nom de plume, promised us on his word as an insider that Kellie J. Harper would be our wbb coach next year. Given that record of inaccuracy, should we trust his assertion that Mr. Auriemma gave him the time of day?
In a pontifical way, boasted of his knowledge compared to the average fan who donates less. End result was humbling.

when you highlight the entire text and cut and paste it,
you will likely infringe on copyright. Pasting the entire article here puts the Vol nation site owner at risk.

From the U.S. Copyright Office:

Amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole: Under this factor, courts look at both the quantity and quality of the copyrighted material that was used. If the use includes a large portion of the copyrighted work, fair use is less likely to be found; if the use employs only a small amount of copyrighted material, fair use is more likely.

truly I am the 2nd one "a person who hunts game stealthily"
Just - my God. The lack of self reflection in light of the history is stunning. Enough said.

On another, less disturbing note, I think Earl is really stung bc he feels he was lied to. Can totally get that. Hope it all works out in the end for Earl, he's been a valuable and valued supporter.

What I can't get over is the narrative that KJH was ambush fired with no meetings. I guess things are different with highly paid coaches, but in the corporate world I worked in that hasn't happened in at least a couple of decades. Never, ever, ever without a paper trail, an improvement plan, written warnings, etc. Unless you steal meds on camera (and shocking how often that happens in hospital settings) or physically attack someone, you are asking for a huge lawsuit if you ambush fire.

Yes, Holly tried to blackball me yet, how did that work out for her
I mentored Meme Jackson for all of her time here and she went pro

Where did I say DW fired a fan?
Who is full of themself right now?

There are two definitions of stalker,,truly I am the 2nd one "a person who hunts game stealthily"
Another personal attack like that comment and you may find out how true #2 is
that name-calling is also one that would have been best kept to yourself.

reported
Tried….so you weren’t?

Are you stating your influence in the “basketball community” somehow led to the dismissal of Holly and not her record in the end?

Just - my God. The lack of self reflection in light of the history is stunning. Enough said.

On another, less disturbing note, I think Earl is really stung bc he feels he was lied to. Can totally get that. Hope it all works out in the end for Earl, he's been a valuable and valued supporter.

What I can't get over is the narrative that KJH was ambush fired with no meetings. I guess things are different with highly paid coaches, but in the corporate world I worked in that hasn't happened in at least a couple of decades. Never, ever, ever without a paper trail, an improvement plan, written warnings, etc. Unless you steal meds on camera (and shocking how often that happens in hospital settings) or physically attack someone, you are asking for a huge lawsuit if you ambush fire.
Unless i am mistaken, Earl admitted that he talked to someone on the Lady Vols staff and not DW directly. Second or third hand info can never be taken as 100% truth…. It always contains the tellers perspective.

A job as a big time coach is different than a regular job. It is why coaches get buy outs. She can be fired for any reason. DW has done a great job supporting all our programs. I feel that it is safe to assume that he supported the Lady Vols. Out of all the potential coaches to fire… Firing a former Lady Vol had to be the most difficult one. If we struggle with CKC… the backlash will be pretty intense… I don’t see that happening and CKC seems like the right choice so far. Go Lady Vols!!!

Last edited:
Unless i am mistaken, Earl admitted that he talked to someone on the Lady Vols staff and not DW directly. Second or third hand info can never be taken as 100% truth…. It always contains the tellers perspective.

A job is a big time coach is different than a regular job. It is why coaches get buy outs. She can be fired for any reason. DW has done a great job supporting all our programs. I feel that it is safe to assume that he supported the Lady Vols. Out of all the potential coaches to fire… Firing a former Lady Vol had to be the most difficult one. If we struggle with CKC… the backlash will be pretty intense… I don’t see that happening and CKC seems like the right choice so far. Go Lady Vols!!!
Not difficult based on the record and no trophies/banners.

Reactions: volbeast33
it's the process of no warning I questioned. Just on the basis of in the real world, that never happens.
Earl The Insider has said that DW never met with the former coach in the year prior to her dismissal. Earl The Insider might not have been aware of any contact, written or personal, between the AD and coach during that period, but that doesn’t mean there was no such contact. He has previously posted misinformation based on incomplete or wrong information given to him.

I have no cause to doubt his sincerity. His judgment in assuming that what he has heard is factual is another matter.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Earl The Insider has said that DW never met with the former coach in the year prior to her dismissal. Earl The Insider might not have been aware of any contact, written or personal, between the AD and coach during that period, but that doesn’t mean there was no such contact. He has previously posted misinformation based on incomplete or wrong information given to him.

I have no cause to doubt his sincerity. His judgment in assuming that what he has heard is factual is another matter.
Then why did you

Here is thing, if he meets with her during the season he would get accused of meddling and being a micro-manager.

My guess is DW did and if I would have been AD….I would have met with her post season last year and over the summer setting very clear expectations that he wanted to see progress during the 23-24 season. If he didn’t see thst progress in recruiting, team play, coaching, etc….then he decided to make the move.

If he would have met with her once a month during season, people would have been complaining that he was micromanaging and keeping her focus away from where it should be.

Someone always second guesses anything anyone does. Just the way of the world and why we have discussion boards.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I heard it from one of the former assistant coaches...

Here is thing, if he meets with her during the season he would get accused of meddling and being a micro-manager.

My guess is DW did and if I would have been AD….I would have met with her post season last year and over the summer setting very clear expectations that he wanted to see progress during the 23-24 season. If he didn’t see thst progress in recruiting, team play, coaching, etc….then he decided to make the move.

If he would have met with her once a month during season, people would have been complaining that he was micromanaging and keeping her focus away from where it should be.

Someone always second guesses anything anyone does. Just the way of the world and why we have discussion boards.
He meets with every coach after every season.

Reactions: glv98
Yes, Holly tried to blackball me yet, how did that work out for her
I mentored Meme Jackson for all of her time here and she went pro

Where did I say DW fired a fan?
Who is full of themself right now?

There are two definitions of stalker,,truly I am the 2nd one "a person who hunts game stealthily"
Another personal attack like that comment and you may find out how true #2 is
that name-calling is also one that would have been best kept to yourself.

reported
You are a fan. You bragged about still being here after Kellie as though that is some kind of validation. Well, everyone else on this board is still here in the same capacity as you.

The "mentoring" that got Meme to the pros was exchanging a couple of emails right?

I did not say you were a stalker. I said that Kellie may have been worried that you might be.

"Reporting" me while making a not so veiled threat on a public message board is ironic to say the least.

VN Store

Back