A&m coaching search

Since you properly wrote "...keep them in check."
Then:
If we enjoyed what TA&M did to football when it did it's contract with Jimbo, I guess we'll also enjoy the impact Texas will start with it's Schoss contract.

It wouldn’t matter if they are in the SEC or not. Their contracts are going to affect the market anyhow.

Reactions: Volfan1000
the kensucky coach that "supposively" started a rumor that aTm was interested in hiring him after they fired their $100 million dollar football coach last fall.... causing another aggy forum melt down (like they had here when it looked like schiano was going to be hired).
Would they melt down over that? Stoops was actually going to pretty dang good job at Kentucky. They are now relevant in the SEC, when they were nothing but a doormat before.

I was listening to the Texas longhorns 247 baseball video on YouTube and one of the guys said his source said that a&m is going after vitello hard walk me back from the ledge please.
Maybe they promote their pitching coach if he does not go to Texas.

Last edited:
Heefner is the name making the rounds on Aggie boards. Kendall Rogers did an interview with TexAgs and named several candidates and also said there’s one other name he won’t mention; Heefner wasn’t mentioned in his list.

So that’s either the other name or Kendall is leaving himself an out so if they name a coach not on his list he can say, “that was the name I didn’t name”.

Never been concerned with the idea of Tony leaving. I think he's happy here. My concern has always been the coaching cascade causes us to lose Elander to a HC job.

If Elander doesn’t interview for A@M…he has opportunity. We shall see, best I can tell, he’s still doing his job. He’s associate HC of the number 1 team in Baseball. He deserves whatever comes his way, but he’s not a dumb guy. He gets to decide.

If Elander doesn’t interview for A@M…he has opportunity. We shall see, best I can tell, he’s still doing his job. He’s associate HC of the number 1 team in Baseball. He deserves whatever comes his way, but he’s not a dumb guy. He gets to decide.
He's very deserving of a HC job; I just hate the idea of losing him. I admit it, I'm selfish.

He's very deserving of a HC job; I just hate the idea of losing him. I admit it, I'm selfish.

I’m all for keeping him, but if opportunity knocks, I’m sure he’s capable of analyzing it and asking Tony and Frank what they think.

Last I heard, CTV is in the Cape Cod League. Players, yeah, coaches, yeah, we’re Awright.

Since you properly wrote "...keep them in check."
Then:
If we enjoyed what TA&M did to football when it did it's contract with Jimbo, I guess we'll also enjoy the impact Texas will start with it's Schoss contract.
Just like what Alabama started with Saban!

VN Store

Back