A&m coaching search

😂 😂 😂 You think the SEC office gives crap about any of this? Texas has always done this crap, they’re a cancer for every conference they join. They will get away with whatever they want bc the SEC office loves money.
That’s true, but it is going to be interesting to see what happens the first time they upset the Bama Mafia.

Schloss’ salary at tu:

I’ve read (not confirmed) $3.8MM per yr. 10yr contract. That’s more than double the highest paid coach in college baseball. Players coming from portal have been promised $1MM+ in NIL deals.

Schloss’ salary at tu:

I’ve read (not confirmed) $3.8MM per yr. 10yr contract. That’s more than double the highest paid coach in college baseball. Players coming from portal have been promised $1MM+ in NIL deals.
Texas just set the new standard which will have effects across the sport. Expect Vitello to get a nice raise along with future contract negotiations for other coaches

Popularity for college baseball is also growing. Game 2 & 3 of the College World Series had higher ratings than any baseball game, including MLB, so far this year

This move by Texas was a cold calculated move.

1. They announced the firing of their coach on the most important day of A&M baseball history.
2. The timing lines up with the transfer portal which closes on July 2nd (I think).
3. A&M doesn't have and won't have a new coach lined up before portal closes.
4. The players at A&M have no answers and few options. The only thing they can do is hit the portal and let the chips fall where they may.

This was a planned attack on A&M to devastate the baseball program, executed with precision. I'm at a loss for words how I would feel if this was the Vols. The players, while they feel betrayed will land on their feet with the portal. But the baseball program will be decimated, at least for 2025. Who's to say who their next victim will be. They are moving into our back yard joining the SEC.
I remember a similar situation at UT. Where a head football coach left abruptly for California.
It's not pretty when it happens.

Schloss’ salary at tu:

That's twice as much as the highest paid SEC coach

😂 😂 😂 You think the SEC office gives crap about any of this? Texas has always done this crap, they’re a cancer for every conference they join. They will get away with whatever they want bc the SEC office loves money.

They very much do. Texas is just another team here. Had TAMU been here as long as UF they woulda had a better shot at keeping them out.

Had they fired Pierce the day after the Championship game, Schloss could have a chance to handle things the right way. Texas wanted to be the story, on a day when the SEC, two teams in the championship and Texas wants to act like the little biscuit they are.

Last edited:
I’ve felt comfortable that TV wasn’t going anywhere for several weeks . The recent Schloss swap between the 2 Texas teams made me just slightly nervous only because crazy money combined with a touch of incurable BVS .

CTV was just on Basilio for close to an hour and after listening to him again I have no doubt that Vitello isn’t going anywhere anytime soon ! If you get a chance I highly recommend giving it a listen .

They very much do. Texas is just another team here. Had TAMU been here as long as UF they woulda had a better shot at keeping them out.

Had they fired Pierce the day after the Championship game, Schloss could have a chance to handle things the right way. Texas wanted to be the story, on a day when the SEC, two teams in the championship and Texas wants to act like the little biscuit they are.
Texas is a CANCER!!

Texas just set the new standard which will have effects across the sport. Expect Vitello to get a nice raise along with future contract negotiations for other coaches

Popularity for college baseball is also growing. Game 2 & 3 of the College World Series had higher ratings than any baseball game, including MLB, so far this year
Texas is a CANCER!

Texas is a CANCER!

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
I’ve felt comfortable that TV wasn’t going anywhere for several weeks . The recent Schloss swap between the 2 Texas teams made me just slightly nervous only because crazy money combined with a touch of incurable BVS .

CTV was just on Basilio for close to an hour and after listening to him again I have no doubt that Vitello isn’t going anywhere anytime soon ! If you get a chance I highly recommend giving it a listen .
Is there a link to listen?

As long as we continue to pay CTV and his staff competitively, give him competitive facilities and give him competitive NIL money…he will be the head coach here.

This is his baby. He built it from nothing and he now has the premier program in the country. He has absolutely zero reason to leave.

I was listening to the Texas longhorns 247 baseball video on YouTube and one of the guys said his source said that a&m is going after vitello hard walk me back from the ledge please.

Step back from the ledge. I’d bet the farm, house, car and the dog that Vitello isn’t going anywhere, especially not a depleted A&M.

He turned down LSU to stay here and that was a program that was ready to make a run. That tells me he’s in it for the long run in Knoxville.

Good stuff, big take away…exit meetings for most, some guys going to draft camps, some to summer ball, as of yesterday. CTV is headed to the Cape today.

I’m not so sure. I think there are enough alpha programs in this conference to keep them in check.

Since you properly wrote "...keep them in check."
Then:
If we enjoyed what TA&M did to football when it did it's contract with Jimbo, I guess we'll also enjoy the impact Texas will start with it's Schoss contract.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back