A&m coaching search

I mean they’re weird AF but that’s not exactly a new thing. He knew that going in. He preached to the cult, acted all offended when the reporter even suggested he might leave, knowing it was already in the works. A&M is a bunch of weirdos but that was a damn fine baseball team; rough to see a program get kicked in the balls after a game like that.
The way a lot of their fans acted. Maybe they deserved to be kicked in the balls and brought to their knees. I know a lot of fan bases need to be humbled a lot. But, they appeared to be very arrogant with UT being the favorite. I guess they thought they dominated UT the first game when UT left 12 on base, made three errors, hit poorly, and still have only one less hit than them. UT definitely hurt themselves in most every way possible on Saturday. Yet, the Aggies felt like they totally dominated UT. That is how arrogant most of them acted.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Don't know why Vitello would ever leave. He's getting paid, new 100 million dollar stadium, fertile recruiting ground, rabid fanbase, you can win the SEC and Natty at Tennessee, he's proven that. Texas and LSU fans like to talk about how they are destination jobs for baseball. In a few more seasons TN will be on top of that list and Knoxville is way better that Baton Rouge or Austin. I don't see people lining up to move to Baton Rouge, while Knoxville and the rest of Tennessee have people pouring in.
Honestly I wish we didn’t. Out of staters are changing the once best state of the Union into another California or Austin for that matter. I’m a manager at a grocery store in Knoxville. The amount of out of state ID’s is 70% and I’m not even exaggerating. This might be because I’m out west Knoxville. But I’m honestly thinking about going back to Idaho. Knoxville is not what is was when I was I kid, and idk how many actual Knoxvillians are gonna be here in the next five years. Getting pushed out due to housing prices and inflation of price of living. It’s honestly sad what has happened to my home town. We used to be a libertarian haven. Idk how much longer that stands to last

Ultimately, Texas just introduced themselves to The SEC. The way this transition has been handled has been considered bad form in this Conference for years. I can’t imagine Texas firing their Coach the day of the Championship game, and all the hub bubaloo to follow sits too well in The Sec Office.

Ultimately, Texas just introduced themselves to The SEC. The way this transition has been handled has been considered bad form in this Conference for years. I can’t imagine Texas firing their Coach the day of the Championship game, and all the hub bubaloo to follow sits too well in The Sec Office.
Texas is a cancer that has invaded the SEC. All that Texas touches dies!

I post on the ATM board occasionally. Lot of good people there, I don't blame them for their POS coach leaving. He did the same thing to TCU by the way, said there was no way he was leaving, and then left. If I were an Aggie fan I would have a bunch of questions for the AD. Their coach left and then took a **** on the program on the way out the door. Did he even give ATM a chance to match Texas offer? What were his issues?

A&M could absolutely match any offer that Texas gave. Both schools have "Arab Shiek" money. It's not about that.

1. The AD at A&M now is not the AD that hired Schlossenagle. Maybe there was friction there? Maybe they didn't see eye to eye on things? Everyone is pointing the finger at Schlossenagle. but maybe the current AD is to at least partly blame here as well?

2. The AD at Texas and Schlossenagle are best buddies. I'm sure he feels like he would receive more administrative support there than at A&M, due to the nature of that relationship, and the fact that the AD that hired him at A&M is no longer there.

3. Aggie fans don't want to admit this but the truth is Texas is simply a more prestigious/higher profile job and A&M will always be considered Texas' little brother. In the long run, Texas is a better opportunity, period. It doesn't mean you can't win at A&M but let's get real here. Putting any real fan biases aside, would you rather coach the Mets or the Yankees? Would you rather coach the Angels or the Dodgers? Would you rather coach the White Sox or the Red Sox? That's how Schlossenagle is looking at this, I'm sure.

The guy very well may be an A#1 prick, but those pretending to act like they don't understand why he left are either being willfully ignorant or they just want to hate for hate's sake.

Last edited:
A&M could absolutely match any offer that Texas gave. Both schools have "Arab Shiek" money. It's not about that.

1. The AD at A&M now is not the AD that hired Schlossenagle. Maybe there was friction there? Maybe they didn't see eye to eye on things? Everyone is pointing the finger at Schlossenagle. but maybe the current AD is to at least partly blame here as well?

2. The AD at Texas and Schlossenagle are best buddies. I'm sure he feels like he would receive more administrative support there than at A&M, due to the nature of that relationship, and the fact that the AD that hired him at A&M is no longer there.

3. Aggie fans don't want to admit this but the truth is Texas is simply a more prestigious/higher profile job and A&M will always be considered Texas' little brother. In the long run, Texas is a better opportunity, period. It doesn't mean you can't win at A&M but let's get real here. Putting any real fan biases aside, would you rather coach the Mets or the Yankees? Would you rather coach the Angels or the Dodgers? Would you rather coach the White Sox or the Red Sox? That's how Schlossenagle is looking at this, I'm sure.
Does A&M still have that kind of money after the Jumbo buyout? Because rumor is the Aggies were holding their feet when it came to the $80 million stadium renovation which could have played a factor in their coach leaving

Does A&M still have that kind of money after the Jumbo buyout? Because rumor is the Aggies were holding their feet when it came to the $80 million stadium renovation which could have played a factor in their coach leaving
You know that's a good point I didn't consider. Maybe. That Jimbo buyout very well could be an albatross around their necks for a while.

Everyone needs to relax. Yes, we have a great baseball coach. And, yes, most programs in the country we love to have him.

BUT, and this is a big but, we finally have a very, very competent administration from the top down to the AD. I trust that they know what they are doing here.

I expect an announcement very soon of an extension and a hefty raise.
This^ if A& M was such a great place Slosh would stay, they have Texas money so it may not be a great place admin wise, look at the money they threw Jimbo and there is not enough chemistry from the top down. They got all the 5* in football and ended up mediocre. Right now the Vols are in the best place they've been in forever Administration wise and that means a lot to a program.

I’m not sure I’d pin it on A&M, as they seemed genuinely shocked from top to bottom. Now that more is coming out and the massive columns of smoke rising from his tenure, getting a read of A&M and their fan base is pretty clear they weren’t expecting just how bad this played out.

I’d put this on a failure of ethics and morals on behalf of Schloss and the admin of Texas. Announcing the firing of their coach on the day of the CWS final? Get out of here….
You are absolutely right. I had a brain phart. Texas was driving this announcement. The Aggies were still stunned from the loss.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
View attachment 654462
There are many more posts like this on their forum too. Very comical. We could match whatever money they throw his way. A&M is having an extremely tough time once again becoming the in state Vandy now that big brother Texas has joined the SEC
They cant throw "anything he wants" at CTV because they are still paying Jimbo 😂🤣😂

So a huge reason for the defection was his relationship with Del Conte? Why would some of them delude themselves into thinking that TREV ALBERTS > Dan White? Main reason Vitello isn’t at LSU.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This move by Texas was a cold calculated move.

1. They announced the firing of their coach on the most important day of A&M baseball history.
2. The timing lines up with the transfer portal which closes on July 2nd (I think).
3. A&M doesn't have and won't have a new coach lined up before portal closes.
4. The players at A&M have no answers and few options. The only thing they can do is hit the portal and let the chips fall where they may.

This was a planned attack on A&M to devastate the baseball program, executed with precision. I'm at a loss for words how I would feel if this was the Vols. The players, while they feel betrayed will land on their feet with the portal. But the baseball program will be decimated, at least for 2025. Who's to say who their next victim will be. They are moving into our back yard joining the SEC.

😂 😂 😂 You think the SEC office gives crap about any of this? Texas has always done this crap, they’re a cancer for every conference they join. They will get away with whatever they want bc the SEC office loves money.

VN Store

Back