A&m coaching search

Trev Alberts is the second most reviled public figure in that cult.

Reactions: Orange.
Never been concerned with the idea of Tony leaving. I think he's happy here. My concern has always been the coaching cascade causes us to lose Elander to a HC job.

Agreed. I see Tony as the type of guy who wants to be here for the next 25 years, win a few more nattys and get a big bronze statue outside of LNS. He’s built a powerhouse from the ground up, he’s not going to abandon it.

I have it on good authority that Tim Corbin interviewed for the job and Vitello has at least talked with A&M's AD (no update on an official interview). They apparently won't be hiring Sully (his agent/team reached out allegedly) due to the personal stuff, and DBU's coach already turned them down/A&M passed on him. I personally think he would be the best fit, but I am just a random.

Obligatory, don't shoot the messenger, I could be being lied to. From conversations I have had, money is similar to Texas/Schloss, and discussion items range from NIL to stadium upgrades to more. I would peg Corbin as most interested by the way. I heard this morning that the Vandy admin/program is on the way, close to, to panicking. Corbin has real issues with the AD, the transfer process, admissions restrictions, and more.

Tony probably fielded his phone call and told him “no”, so I do believe that they “talked” albeit briefly.

So Earley rolls to Texas with Schloss and then A&M says “Alright Schloss, you wanna be a POS” 😂

He could be the next Tony Vitello, but it seems like a move to cripple the guy who left for sure. Might keep ATM roster together also. I really like that move by ATM - hope it works out for them, but not too well.

He could be the next Tony Vitello, but it seems like a move to cripple the guy who left for sure. Might keep ATM roster together also. I really like that move by ATM - hope it works out for them, but not too well.
But comparing the situations, it’s an epic fail by Alberts. Vitello was an assistant hired from another program to take over a moribund baseball program. A&M was two runs from a NC. If it turns out well, no one cares but the job should have been more coveted.

Reactions: Orange. and Kdbnab1
But comparing the situations, it’s an epic fail by Alberts. Vitello was an assistant hired from another program to take over a moribund baseball program. A&M was two runs from a NC. If it turns out well, no one cares but the job should have been more coveted.

I completely agree. I fail at connecting my thoughts with my emotions here. I am disappointed in this hire for ATM, but man is it beautiful to see two rivals tearing at each other this way. This is why ATM and Texas belong in the SEC (there are plenty of other reasons Texas doesn’t).

Realistically, it’s probably meant to be a temporary solution to keep this good roster in tact and to salvage next season (as mentioned by another poster prior). Finding the right hire in this time crunch would require ATM to do unto another what Texas did to them. If this was any part of that consideration, then respect to ATM for doing the right thing.

*edit: Time crunch due to portal closing*

I completely agree. I fail at connecting my thoughts with my emotions here. I am disappointed in this hire for ATM, but man is it beautiful to see two rivals tearing at each other this way. This is why ATM and Texas belong in the SEC (there are plenty of other reasons Texas doesn’t).

Realistically, it’s probably meant to be a temporary solution to keep this good roster in tact and to salvage next season (as mentioned by another poster prior). Finding the right hire in this time crunch would require ATM to do unto another what Texas did to them. If this was any part of that consideration, then respect to ATM for doing the right thing.

*edit: Time crunch due to portal closing*
No issues…it’s earned. Low bar him with $4 mil per imo.

It’s pretty amazing that CTV has rebuffed serious interest from LSU, Texas, and A&M in the last few years. Never would have imagined a UT baseball coach would be in that position, would stay, and that it would be seen nationally as not a step up.

The ascension of our program has been remarkable in all areas. We are so fortunate Currie went with Tony.

No issues…it’s earned. Low bar him with $4 mil per imo.

58c1eeefa23de6e45687b3ac_UsedCars.gif

Reactions: butchna
It’s pretty amazing that CTV has rebuffed serious interest from LSU, Texas, and A&M in the last few years. Never would have imagined a UT baseball coach would be in that position, would stay, and that it would be seen nationally as not a step up.

The ascension of our program has been remarkable in all areas. We are so fortunate Currie went with Tony.
Correct. And we are also fortunate that he clearly feels well supported by the administration.

VN Store

Back