A&m coaching search

Seems the fan base is happy with the hire
You have to believe it was to stop the bleeding. I don't think they were going to do better at this point. It is a good hire for them and an investment. Time will tell, he will have to staff and recruit. Like CTV? not enough to go on at the moment. Retaining the major players on current roster will be a good indicator. Damage for the moment is under control and may change at any given moment.

So A&M tried to do the same thing Texas did, steal a coach from another conference member.

Are they a cancer (albeit a failed one) in the conference now also?
Yes, they never should’ve been in the SEC as well. They’re a nothing in every sport though out their entirety but act like they’re one of the big boys. Gotta love when one cancer eats another.

I have it on good authority that Tim Corbin interviewed for the job and Vitello has at least talked with A&M's AD (no update on an official interview). They apparently won't be hiring Sully (his agent/team reached out allegedly) due to the personal stuff, and DBU's coach already turned them down/A&M passed on him. I personally think he would be the best fit, but I am just a random.

Obligatory, don't shoot the messenger, I could be being lied to. From conversations I have had, money is similar to Texas/Schloss, and discussion items range from NIL to stadium upgrades to more. I would peg Corbin as most interested by the way. I heard this morning that the Vandy admin/program is on the way, close to, to panicking. Corbin has real issues with the AD, the transfer process, admissions restrictions, and more.
I don't know why they don't just hire Schlossnagle back, just offer him more money right?? That would be hilarious!

So vitello saying no to big money likely means he’s about to be the highest paid coach in the sport
I think what it proves is when Tony talks about loyalty, it’s not spin or Coach speak. He simply can’t help from spewing his true emotions.
‘And I think that’s true every time he gets in front of a mic.

Texas AM did not want Tx because of recruiting and competition. Their hand has been forced now that they are both in SEC. I look for TexasAM to once again in the future attempt to move on to another Conference once again in the future.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep, those schools are in the south east.
‘But combined don’t have the tv market of Texas. Money talks in all things college sports now.
Market will change with a Conference and it is true now but would see a worthwhile increase with market if they were to make a move. Tx market is always Tx Market and will always be strong.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Agreed. I see Tony as the type of guy who wants to be here for the next 25 years, win a few more nattys and get a big bronze statue outside of LNS. He’s built a powerhouse from the ground up, he’s not going to abandon it.
Vitello is well on his way to becoming the Robert Neyland of the Tennessee baseball program.

I completely agree. I fail at connecting my thoughts with my emotions here. I am disappointed in this hire for ATM, but man is it beautiful to see two rivals tearing at each other this way. This is why ATM and Texas belong in the SEC (there are plenty of other reasons Texas doesn’t).

Realistically, it’s probably meant to be a temporary solution to keep this good roster in tact and to salvage next season (as mentioned by another poster prior). Finding the right hire in this time crunch would require ATM to do unto another what Texas did to them. If this was any part of that consideration, then respect to ATM for doing the right thing.

*edit: Time crunch due to portal closing*
From reports, A&M tried to do unto others but failed.

VN Store

Back