A&m coaching search

Vaughan - Bama
Mongione - Kentucky
Heefner- DBU
Goodwin - ECU
Link Jarrett - FSU
Oā€™Connor - Virginia
This isnā€™t directed at you Fear, thanks for providing the list!

But Link Jarrett? Lolā€¦ heā€™s at his Alma Mater/dream job. Heā€™s not going anywhere. The rest of this list does make sense and I think theyā€™d all be great hires. Although I donā€™t see Mongione leaving Kentucky. Seems like the perfect fit for him. But I guess you never know.

Last edited:
This isnā€™t directed at you Fear, thanks for providing the list!

But Link Jarrett? Lolā€¦ heā€™s at his Alma Mater/dream job. Heā€™s not going anywhere. The rest of this list doesnā€™t make sense and I think theyā€™d all be great hires. Although I donā€™t see Mongione leaving Kentucky. Seems like the perfect fit for him. But I guess you never know.
thought the same but if Kendall says it then I suppose there is intrigue

If A&M wins game 3 does Schlossnagle still take Texas job? Iā€™d imagine he would have received a substantial increase in pay. Sounds like it was a done deal but was curious

Reactions: KHVol
If A&M wins game 3 does Schlossnagle still take Texas job? Iā€™d imagine he would have received a substantial increase in pay. Sounds like it was a done deal but was curious

Yes. This deal doesnā€™t happen in 18 hours. It was clearly signed and done before the finals even started.

Texas would have wanted Vitello first. And he obviously turned them down. Heā€™s all VOL ainā€™t going anywhere
That would've been a horrible cultural fit for both parties! Vitello is a down to earth, blue collar, highly emotional guy who just doesnt give AF about pretention. Texas is all about propriety and full of "hoity-toity" upper crust who think their **** doesnt stink.

Everyone in here saying A&M is weirdā€¦I mean I guess the yell leaders is weird. But imo theyā€™re one of the most loyal fanbases while not being over the top annoying (like we are). I have friends who are A&M fans so maybe Iā€™m biased. But Iā€™ve always enjoyed my interactions with their fans. I think most people have just heard ā€œitā€™s a cultā€ and are going along with it for fun but who knows.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
He absolutely still goes and the backlash wouldnā€™t have been nearly as bad since A&M would have won their first NC in 85 yearsā€¦but they didnā€™t lol

I donā€™t think so either, but how many seasons have the ACC missed it now, 3-4? We go to 16 next year.
Trev Albert better be getting with some baseball people but I dont expect he has much diamond background but IDK... my understanding is that the aTm a-t-m is limited and why Elander would be perfect for both.

Everyone in here saying A&M is weirdā€¦I mean I guess the yell leaders is weird. But imo theyā€™re one of the most loyal fanbases while not being over the top annoying (like we are). I have friends who are A&M fans so maybe Iā€™m biased. But Iā€™ve always enjoyed my interactions with their fans. I think most people have just heard ā€œitā€™s a cultā€ and are going along with it for fun but who knows.

I agree, Iā€™ve got several friends who are A&M alum and they are awesome.

Got a family member who is a Texas alum. He hates Tennessee so much he was texting me ā€œGo Aggiesā€. šŸ¤£

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Don't know why Vitello would ever leave. He's getting paid, new 100 million dollar stadium, fertile recruiting ground, rabid fanbase, you can win the SEC and Natty at Tennessee, he's proven that. Texas and LSU fans like to talk about how they are destination jobs for baseball. In a few more seasons TN will be on top of that list and Knoxville is way better that Baton Rouge or Austin. I don't see people lining up to move to Baton Rouge, while Knoxville and the rest of Tennessee have people pouring in.

Don't know why Vitello would ever leave. He's getting paid, new 100 million dollar stadium, fertile recruiting ground, rabid fanbase, you can win the SEC and Natty at Tennessee, he's proven that. Texas and LSU fans like to talk about how they are destination jobs for baseball. In a few more seasons TN will be on top of that list and Knoxville is way better that Baton Rouge or Austin. I don't see people lining up to move to Baton Rouge, while Knoxville and the rest of Tennessee have people pouring in.

Baton Rouge

1719453622535.gif

They are good fans but have a colossal fixation/inferiority complex with regards to Texas and the past couple days are only making it much worse.

Like I said in an earlier post, they are like the divorced woman who blames her ex-husband for her chubby thighs, the battery in the car dying and her son not getting the lead role in the school play.

Ran into some nice Texas A&M fans outside the stadium in Omaha. They are weird as all get out once inside the stadium. Cheers and chants are nothing short of feminine and cultish. They pride themselves on that though. They take those knocks as compliments.

Just an odd, odd fanbase with absolutely ridiculous cheers and chants. I feel sorry for just them being them.

Ran into some nice Texas A&M fans outside the stadium in Omaha. They are weird as all get out once inside the stadium. Cheers and chants are nothing short of feminine and cultish. They pride themselves on that though. They take those knocks as compliments.

Just an odd, odd fanbase with absolutely ridiculous cheers and chants. I feel sorry for just them being them.
on my weirdness scale

baseball players <are less weird than> baseball fans <are less weird than> <are less weird than><are less weird than> aTm baseball fans

I post on the ATM board occasionally. Lot of good people there, I don't blame them for their POS coach leaving. He did the same thing to TCU by the way, said there was no way he was leaving, and then left. If I were an Aggie fan I would have a bunch of questions for the AD. Their coach left and then took a **** on the program on the way out the door. Did he even give ATM a chance to match Texas offer? What were his issues?

Reactions: mackievol
I post on the ATM board occasionally. Lot of good people there, I don't blame them for their POS coach leaving. He did the same thing to TCU by the way, said there was no way he was leaving, and then left. If I were an Aggie fan I would have a bunch of questions for the AD. Their coach left and then took a **** on the program on the way out the door. Did he even give ATM a chance to match Texas offer? What were his issues?
He had no issues other than he just wasnt going to beat Tennessee for the championship. I guess that kinda makes him a loser and a failure but it's their coach, not ours

VN Store

Back