A more realistic look at this years schedule (with predictions).

VOLumeS

Go Yankees!
TN 42 vs. AP 10 (Face it it's AP)

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 49 vs. SouthBAMA 7 (It is south bama enough said)

TN 28 vs UGA 24 (Butch gets his signature win)

TN 24 vs SCAR 21 (I just don't think they will be much this year)

TN 14 at BAMA 35 (It's BAMA just don't see us stopping the steroid backs)

TN 31 at MIZZ 28 (should be a fun game in columbia)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statistically and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

TN 42 at UK 14 (c'mon chaney beat you quit trying to act tough)

9-3 (6-2) 4th in SEC (outback bowl vs michigan state)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
6-6 with a bowl win to finish at 7-6. This is what I'm hoping for. Anything better than this and I'll be ecstatic! We have a lot of bubble games that we could have a puncher's chance of winning but then again we could end up losing. I still say we finish somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5.

Reactions: 13 people
TN 42 vs. AP 10 (Face it it's AP)

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 49 vs. SouthBAMA 7 (It is south bama enough said)

TN 28 vs UGA 24 (Butch gets his signature win)

TN 24 vs SCAR 21 (I just don't think they will be much this year)

TN 14 at BAMA 35 (It's BAMA just don't see us stopping the steroid backs)

TN 31 at MIZZ 28 (should be a fun game in columbia)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statiscally and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

TN 42 at UK 14 (c'mon chaney beat you quit trying to act tough)

9-3 (6-2) 4th in SEC (outback bowl vs michigan state)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

I'd love it, but that's gonna be a tough feat to pull off with our schedule. However, I do feel like if we're in a position to beat Georgia and South Carolina this year, we will pull it off. Butch is light years better compared to Dooley as coach. I like where are defense is with the 4-3 as well. Jancek, Stripling, and Martinez will get the best out of this defense IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
What, exactly, is more realistic here?

i was thinking the same thing.

if tennessee holds oregon to 31, john jancek should be named defensive coordinator for life and be allowed to live in the state of tennessee tax free

Reactions: 19 people
Well sir I like your post better than the 'beating the dead horse' posts. Whether we do or don't, we won't know till we play em.

Reactions: 1 person
orange colored glasses now on sale at your local retailer

But man I would love for us to be even 3 wins within your prediction

i was thinking the same thing.

if tennessee holds oregon to 31, john jancek should be named defensive coordinator for life and be allowed to live in the state of tennessee tax free

well the way i look at it chip kelly was doing all the play calling when he was there and with chip gone i dont see them being as electric

Reactions: 3 people
If Butch wins 9 games after losing his starting QB, WR1, WR2, possibly Marlin Lane, taking the job with one of last years worst defenses, and questionable special teams

lets go on and give him a 10 year extension

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
well the way i look at it chip kelly was doing all the play calling when he was there and with chip gone i dont see them being as electric

I was assuming that you were referencing our defense practicing against our offense, which has similar (although not exact) tendencies to Oregon's. The D should be MUCH better suited to the tempo this year and the DL should be more disruptive, which is key to hampering their offense. So long as CBs trigger on bubble screens and the D overall can actually tackle this year, we can match up well against their offense. LB play will be key, though. AJ, Curt, and Sapp will have to play a MAJOR role.

I agree. Everytime some school gets a new HC, the new guy always wants to change something. Even if the old way was working the new HC will find something that he thinks will work better. Its the same way with a job, old boss leaves and new boss comes in and wants to put his stamp on something. But the Ducks new HC might be better than CK, I dont think he will and that might be all we need to get the win. GBO

i seriously wasn't trying to be optimistic

You weren't? I greatly appreciate your optimistic view, which is surely what predicting 9-3 requires. However, we just don't yet have the talent to win 9 games IMHO. I'll take 6- 7 wins and be happy as hell at the progress given our current situation/roster.

i seriously wasn't trying to be optimistic

Seriously - 9 wins isn't a tad optimistic?

I like your prediction don't get me wrong, but this is a team that hasn't won 6 games in the past two seasons.

Getting to 9 will be tough.

7 is my prediction and that is even optimistic.

Realistic is counting only the sure wins which should be 6.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we can pull off one win over UGA, UF, USCe, UA, and Oregon. I say our chances are less likely against Ore. and UA.

It's hard for me to see us beating USC Jr and Georgia and to be honest its hard for me to see us beating either one. We lost our starting qb and startings wrs and our starting te. We couldn't beat either one of the teams with offense we had last yr.Defensively we weren't that good at all . I expect some improvement there but I guess it all depends how our offense is coming along.jmo

Seriously - 9 wins isn't a tad optimistic?

I like your prediction don't get me wrong, but this is a team that hasn't won 6 games in the past two seasons.

Getting to 9 will be tough.

7 is my prediction and that is even optimistic.

Realistic is counting only the sure wins which should be 6.

So is saying Gruden is a done deal...... i kid.... but we havent had a decent head coach for 3 years.

I could see us beating one of UGA or USCjr but not both.

Hello Orange Dog, after you covered you face with a paper bag Iin shame I am sure) I have learned to agree with you a lot more often...ha ha ha :)

No way we beat Both Ga, and USCjr :crazy:

Last edited:
I just want us to win the games we are supposed to win. I'm tired of seeing this team lose to teams they have no business losing to. We should finish 7-5 with L's to Ore, UF, Bama, USCe, and UGA. All the other games on the schedule should be wins, but who knows.

VN Store

Back