A more realistic look at this years schedule (with predictions).

tennessee- georgia (dogs. of all the home games, i think this is the best chance of an upset. georgia has lsu the week before heading to knoxville. georgia also may not be as stout defensively as some other opponents)
You got a murderer's row going with OR, UF, UGA, USCe, and Bama with only S. Bama in between. Killer schedule! If we don't get anyone key hurt before we go to Neyland, I don't like your chances on paper. We should score a lot of points and we have some very good, young athletes on D. 5 games into the season they should have some teeth cut, but you never know. Anything can happen in college football. But the OP is being pretty much a homer to predict 9 wins with your team and schedule. I think most of you are being more reasonable and letting CBJ do his thang, rather than predicting him into a hole. 7 wins should be appreciated. If he gets 9 the NFL should look at him immediately!

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure, but I highly doubt its going to be 9-3.

You may be right but again who really knows. For all we know Dobbs could be ome in and be the next big thing at QB and North and Jenkins could be the playmakers we need to go along with Croom, Blanc and the others. Not to mention Ga could have half their team suspended. I think SC will be very winnable for us at home. Point being 9-3 isnt likely but not impossible with a few bounces going our way. Which we are due for. I think Dooley sold his soul to get the UT job then we were cursed after that. Have never seen in a 3 yr span so many things go wrong or against 1the team. He pissed off the football Gods but they could be more on our side now. Au, Vandy,and Mizzou are huge swing games that we need to win and i think CBJ does something in yr 1 that Dooley never did and thats to get his signature win and could win more SEC games this yr than Dooley did in 3. I may be overly optimistic but truely believe we got the right man and his players will fight for him until the end.

But that has us winning all the close games on the road... I think 7-5 with a possibility of 8-3. Then, CBJ will improve that record each year until we win NC with him as coach. Tennessee is turning this around fast and the 2014 class is going to make a huge difference- they may leave as National Champions. I look every day to see who is next to step up and proudly say Im a VOL!! Exciting time to be a Vol fan... getting better every year. If I were a recruit I would commit early and not get left out. GBO!

Beating either of them is pushing it . . . a lot.

Dont think beating SC is pushing it. GA definitely but SC will be beatable, especially at home. But Kiffin beat the brakes off both of them his only yr here and they were both better than us.

i was thinking the same thing.

if tennessee holds oregon to 31 in the first half, john jancek should be named defensive coordinator for life and be allowed to live in the state of tennessee tax free

I fixed your post to add the "in the first half".

tennessee- georgia (dogs. of all the home games, i think this is the best chance of an upset. georgia has lsu the week before heading to knoxville. georgia also may not be as stout defensively as some other opponents)
You got a murderer's row going with OR, UF, UGA, USCe, and Bama with only S. Bama in between. Killer schedule! If we don't get anyone key hurt before we go to Neyland, I don't like your chances on paper. We should score a lot of points and we have some very good, young athletes on D. 5 games into the season they should have some teeth cut, but you never know. Anything can happen in college football. But the OP is being pretty much a homer to predict 9 wins with your team and schedule. I think most of you are being more reasonable and letting CBJ do his thang, rather than predicting him into a hole. 7 wins should be appreciated. If he gets 9 the NFL should look at him immediately!

rare when I agree this much with a Georgia poster, but yes. Right on all points.

Dont think beating SC is pushing it. GA definitely but SC will be beatable, especially at home. But Kiffin beat the brakes off both of them his only yr here and they were both better than us.

I hear you, but at the same time, the 2013 versions of both UGA and USC are a heck of a lot better than in 2009 and both will feature Senior QBs. Anything can happen at home though if we just play a little defense and run the ball.

I believe we go 7-5 in the regular season and win a bowl and end up 8-5. We get an upset against either UGA or USCe and beat who were supposed to. V,B.

I think uSCe will be one where he pulls the upset. UT should be 3-1in OOC games. Think definite losses are Oregon, UF and Ala.Think we lose to GA and beat SC. So thats 4-4. Beat UK, Vandy, AU and Mizzou.. But i do think Mizzou is not a gimme. So honestly 6 wins is the bottom number and 8-9 being the highesy. Without my Orange colored glasses on I am going 7-5 or 8-4 with CBJ getting that signature win and putting the ole ball coach into a tyrade heard all the way back in SC.

South Carolina is going to be tough with with Dylan Thompson. That kid can throw the ball with the best of them. If our D can hold Shaw, we will get a dose of Dylan.

He is a true passer. And no I'm not Dylan Thompson, nor a USCjr fan.

Last edited:
I hear you, but at the same time, the 2013 versions of both UGA and USC are a heck of a lot better than in 2009 and both will feature Senior QBs. Anything can happen at home though if we just play a little defense and run the ball.

Your definitely right. Both of them are good for a loss that sets the fanbase off into a drinking hissie and hopefully we help them both. Time to take back Neyland.

South Carolina is going to get with with Dylan Thompson. That kid can throw the ball with the best of them. If our D can hold Shaw, we will get a dose of Dylan.

It will take alot for Shaw to get benched, Spurrier has a mancrush on his QB and thats rare.

You may be right but again who really knows. For all we know Dobbs could be ome in and be the next big thing at QB and North and Jenkins could be the playmakers we need to go along with Croom, Blanc and the others. Not to mention Ga could have half their team suspended. I think SC will be very winnable for us at home. Point being 9-3 isnt likely but not impossible with a few bounces going our way. Which we are due for. I think Dooley sold his soul to get the UT job then we were cursed after that. Have never seen in a 3 yr span so many things go wrong or against 1the team. He pissed off the football Gods but they could be more on our side now. Au, Vandy,and Mizzou are huge swing games that we need to win and i think CBJ does something in yr 1 that Dooley never did and thats to get his signature win and could win more SEC games this yr than Dooley did in 3. I may be overly optimistic but truely believe we got the right man and his players will fight for him until the end.

9-3 is pretty much impossible. Its going to be rough going for all the SEC schools with new coaches - us, Arky, Auburn, and KY. That's just a fact. Way too many question marks on this team. If you want to believe 9-3 is possible, have at it. Just don't come on here calling for Jone's head when we're 3-4 simply because your expectations were outta whack to begin with.

Reactions: 2 people
It will take alot for Shaw to get benched, Spurrier has a mancrush on his QB and thats rare.

Shaw got hurt last year in a crucial game and Thompson killed it! I wish, I wish, that Worley would've showed what Thompson did.

I'm glad we have a proven coaching staff that has been missing well, since Fulmer was let go. I'm just ready for us to start Butch slapping people again on the football field!

9-3 is pretty much impossible. Its going to be rough going for all the SEC schools with new coaches - us, Arky, Auburn, and KY. That's just a fact. Way too many question marks on this team. If you want to believe 9-3 is possible, have at it. Just don't come on here calling for Jone's head when we're 3-4 simply because your expectations were outta whack to begin with.

I definitely wouldnt be calling for his head if that happened, especially in yr 1 following that doucher who's $hit he is having to clean up. I never said I expected 9-3 I just said stranger things have happened and isnt impossible. 7-5 is truely what I'm thinking and possibly 8-4. My biggest thing is guys stating their opinions and others who dont know anything more than anyone else calling them idiots or other BS. Nobody knows what is going to happen and nope not even you. But your entitled to your opinion as is everyone else but there is no need to belittle or name call if someone doesnt agree with someones opinion.

Shaw got hurt last year in a crucial game and Thompson killed it! I wish, I wish, that Worley would've showed what Thompson did.

I'm glad we have a proven coaching staff that has been missing well, since Fulmer was let go. I'm just ready for us to start Butch slapping people again on the football field!

Very true he did play well at Clemson. I was just saying without Shaw getting hurt he wouldnt be playing alot. SC was very beatable last year we beat their asses up and down the field, our D just couldnt stop anybody.

I definitely wouldnt be calling for his head if that happened, especially in yr 1 following that doucher who's $hit he is having to clean up. I never said I expected 9-3 I just said stranger things have happened and isnt impossible. 7-5 is truely what I'm thinking and possibly 8-4. My biggest thing is guys stating their opinions and others who dont know anything more than anyone else calling them idiots or other BS. Nobody knows what is going to happen and nope not even you. But your entitled to your opinion as is everyone else but there is no need to belittle or name call if someone doesnt agree with someones opinion.

I didn't name call....and I respect your opinion. We disagree a little, but not that much. Its all good.......:good!:

TN 42 vs. AP 10 (Face it it's AP)

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 49 vs. SouthBAMA 7 (It is south bama enough said)

TN 28 vs UGA 24 (Butch gets his signature win)

TN 24 vs SCAR 21 (I just don't think they will be much this year)

TN 14 at BAMA 35 (It's BAMA just don't see us stopping the steroid backs)

TN 31 at MIZZ 28 (should be a fun game in columbia)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statistically and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

TN 42 at UK 14 (c'mon chaney beat you quit trying to act tough)

9-3 (6-2) 4th in SEC (outback bowl vs michigan state)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

Ap-win
Wku-win
Oregon-loss
Uf-loss
S Bama-win
UGA-loss
Scar-loss
Bama-loss
Mizzou-win
Auburn-loss
Vandy-win
Uk-win

6-6 non homer prediction

How dare you pick the Vols to win more than 3 games!! Your not a real fan unless you predict and expect the worst possible outcome. Only fake fans hope for success. I say we win 0 games and BJ gets fired mid season.. I'm a REAL fan by gawd!!!!

Very true he did play well at Clemson. I was just saying without Shaw getting hurt he wouldnt be playing alot. SC was very beatable last year we beat their asses up and down the field, our D just couldnt stop anybody.

I agree! When lattimore left their team was fired up beyond belief. Damn clowney got us when Bray wasn't expecting it.

pretty level headed predictions minus the OP and probably minus a win vs UG. the AU and Mizzou games are going to be pivotal. a bowl game may be a must for Jones to keep recruiting momentum. we may be able to catch one of the bigger teams on their worst day and sneak a win.

VN Store

Back