A more realistic look at this years schedule (with predictions).

TN 42 vs. AP 10 (Face it it's AP)

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 49 vs. SouthBAMA 7 (It is south bama enough said)

TN 28 vs UGA 24 (Butch gets his signature win)

TN 24 vs SCAR 21 (I just don't think they will be much this year)

TN 14 at BAMA 35 (It's BAMA just don't see us stopping the steroid backs)

TN 31 at MIZZ 28 (should be a fun game in columbia)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statistically and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

TN 42 at UK 14 (c'mon chaney beat you quit trying to act tough)

9-3 (6-2) 4th in SEC (outback bowl vs michigan state)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

Ain't gonna happen. No way we beat UGly and The Cock this year. But you're right about Bama's backs roiding up. I actually like Richardson, but dayum....how did he turn from an outside runner to a huge-sized power back in just one year? You quit growing when you're 18, for God's sake!

Clowney is coming back from USCjr so he's a difference maker.. So putting jr on the not so great list is underestimating them..

i was thinking the same thing.

if tennessee holds oregon to 31, john jancek should be named defensive coordinator for life and be allowed to live in the state of tennessee tax free

0 starts at QB on the roster, limited playmakers on the outside and a defense that can't go anywhere but up. Compete every game, win one you shouldn't and I'm alright with it.

I can see beating Georgia or South Carolina but both might be pushing it a bit.

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statistically and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

You cannot be serious.... this is idiotic, at best. I am actually excited about this new beginning, but not nearly as excited as you.

if tennessee holds oregon to 31, john jancek should be named defensive coordinator for life and be allowed to live in the state of tennessee tax free

What do you think is a realistic prediction? Just out of curiosity. Would be interesting to get a rival's opinion on how we'll fare this year.

What do you think is a realistic prediction? Just out of curiosity. Would be interesting to get a rival's opinion on how we'll fare this year.

i am not going to list scores, but i'll show you my guess.

tennessee- austin peay (vols)

tennessee- western kentucky (vols)

tennessee- oregon (ducks)

tennessee- florida (gators)

tennessee- south alabama (vols)

tennessee- georgia (dogs. of all the home games, i think this is the best chance of an upset. georgia has lsu the week before heading to knoxville. georgia also may not be as stout defensively as some other opponents)

tennessee -south carolina (gamecocks. vols have a bye before this game and if they lose to georgia, it will be a save the season type of game. however, carolina has kentucky and arkansas before tennessee and just don't think tennessee will have enough)

tennessee- bama (bama)

now the schedule is really interesting and i think where butch jones will be measured. if i am right, can he get his team back after a 3-5 start (mentally). i think for a team trying to rebuild the nature of tennessee's schedule (front loaded) is horrible. so, are guys still on board. are they leaving it all on the field. is the top talent on the team thinking about the draft. etc, etc, etc

tennessee- missouri (tigers. missouri has georgia, florida, south carolina back to back to back before facing the vols. i think tennessee has more talent. i think missouri will be beat up. but, until i see tennessee win on the road, i have to go with the tigers. and just a note here, i warned people about the mississippi state game last season for the same reason. if tennessee wins, it's a big deal as any road win would be big)

tennessee- auburn (vols. a must win. people will compare malzahn to jones and if auburn has a better year coming off of disaster than tennessee, people will grumble. but, tennessee is at home and that should make the difference).

tennessee- vandy (vols. win over auburn puts a little pep in the step. and all they need for motivation should be the scoreboard of last season's game thrown in their face all week)

tennessee- kentucky (vols. win and go bowling and tennessee does. it's a road game, but they have to be able to beat kentucky. they just have to.)

this is all a best guess and there are some games like missouri that i would not be surprised if the outcome was different than what i have said.

i will also say that if tennessee can pull off a genuine legit upset, then that changes everything because they would be in a different mental state and the outlook on the season and self confidence would make the back half of the schedule a lot less nerve-racking

Reactions: 1 person

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch

?

v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

I actually agree with you on this. Its definitely not unrealistic. Yours is identical to mine except i have us losing to GA, but definitely think it could be won. I mean look at what we did Kiffin's one year. That team wasnt exactly loaded. Yes we had a good RB, we had EB and an inconsistent QB. Not comparing it at all but just saying having GA and SC at home anything is possible. Thats whats great about being optimistic. Your guess, my guess, the next persons guess or prediction is just as possible as the next.

You cannot be serious.... this is idiotic, at best. I am actually excited about this new beginning, but not nearly as excited as you.

Who are you to call another persons opinion idiotic? You dont know what's going to happen anymore than him, me or anyone else. If you dont agree thats cool its your right but why call him or it idiotic? Its 8-9 wins is possible. It wasnt like he said we go 12-0 then go to the SEC and National Championship. I dont get some people calling other Vol Fans or their opinion idiotic, its not any better or worse than anyone else's. Go attact the Bammers, the Bulldogs or Gator Fans on here.

you said no starts at qb on roster when Bray war injured Worley either played a lot if he did not start 3 or 4 but he was bad in them all. and I don't think UT wins 9 unless some miracles happen and then it would still be tough .But I will say if UT has 9 wins in DECEMBER and they have room they would get 7 to 10 late commits from high 4 and some 5 stars that by that time have bought what Butch is selling and we get a top 3 class.

These predictions must be with Peterman or a freshman at the helm because it's definitely not Worley.

These predictions must be with Peterman or a freshman at the helm because it's definitely not Worley.

I agree with this also. I just have no confidence in Worley. It honestly wouldnt surprise me at all if Dobbs came in and won the job. I dont think Peterman fully got to showcase everything with lack of WR talent especially on the second string and not able to show his mobility.

Lol as opposed to making him pay our current, nonexistent, income tax?

It's really too early to call. Lots of things could happen. My fear is how thin we are at key positions and how we are unproven at qb.

If some playmakers step up we could win 8. We could just as easily lose 8.

I noticed in what little I saw in the first half of the I/w game that when a player fell he immediately jumped up and continued to pursue the ball or make a block.

That effort will roll into a winning attitude and that alone could be the swing factor in some of the close games.

I'm ready to start winning and I think we may have the right staff in place but I'm smart enough to know it could be 2015 before we are playing at a high level on a consistent basis

tennessee- georgia (dogs. of all the home games, i think this is the best chance of an upset. georgia has lsu the week before heading to knoxville. georgia also may not be as stout defensively as some other opponents)

tennessee -south carolina (gamecocks. vols have a bye before this game and if they lose to georgia, it will be a save the season type of game. however, carolina has kentucky and arkansas before tennessee and just don't think tennessee will have enough)

tennessee- bama (bama)

now the schedule is really interesting and i think where butch jones will be measured. if i am right, can he get his team back after a 3-5 start (mentally). i think for a team trying to rebuild the nature of tennessee's schedule (front loaded) is horrible. so, are guys still on board. are they leaving it all on the field. is the top talent on the team thinking about the draft. etc, etc, etc

tennessee- missouri (tigers. missouri has georgia, florida, south carolina back to back to back before facing the vols. i think tennessee has more talent. i think missouri will be beat up. but, until i see tennessee win on the road, i have to go with the tigers. and just a note here, i warned people about the mississippi state game last season for the same reason. if tennessee wins, it's a big deal as any road win would be big)

tennessee- auburn (vols. a must win. people will compare malzahn to jones and if auburn has a better year coming off of disaster than tennessee, people will grumble. but, tennessee is at home and that should make the difference).

tennessee- vandy (vols. win over auburn puts a little pep in the step. and all they need for motivation should be the scoreboard of last season's game thrown in their face all week)

tennessee- kentucky (vols. win and go bowling and tennessee does. it's a road game, but they have to be able to beat kentucky. they just have to.)

this is all a best guess and there are some games like missouri that i would not be surprised if the outcome was different than what i have said.

i will also say that if tennessee can pull off a genuine legit upset, then that changes everything because they would be in a different mental state and the outlook on the season and self confidence would make the back half of the schedule a lot less nerve-racking

I hate your team worse than Hell itself, but I agree with every single pick you just made.
However, if we go with Worley early on, that WKU game might cost it.

Last edited:

tennessee- bama (bama)

You can flip and or switch a game or two, but thats pretty close to the finish I see. AU and Mizzou will determine whether they can finish above .500

As far as the measuring stick games, Im more curious to see how his team plays against Oregon, UF, Bama, UGA, and USC.

I agree with this also. I just have no confidence in Worley. It honestly wouldnt surprise me at all if Dobbs came in and won the job. I dont think Peterman fully got to showcase everything with lack of WR talent especially on the second string and not able to show his mobility.

Same thing with Worley, the same WRs were out of action so he couldn't showcase his passing ability.

Not sure, but I highly doubt its going to be 9-3.

In my "reliably optimistic" run throughs of the season, I almost always end up at 8-4. Losses to Bama and Oregon, and I have us beating one of UF, USC lite, and UGA. I don't know who it will be, but we had a chance at beating all of them last year. Yes we are losing a lot of offense, but the most important part is there. If you are going to have a yound QB you have to have a good O-Line to run the ball. We also get to lose Dooley and Sunseri. Dooley is self explanatory, and Sunseri never should have tried switching to the 3-4. IF we had the 4-3 last year we would have beaten one (or more) of the 3 top east teams and we definitely wouldn't have lost to vandy. The wheels had fallen off by that game.

In my "reliably optimistic" run throughs of the season, I almost always end up at 8-4. Losses to Bama and Oregon, and I have us beating one of UF, USC lite, and UGA. I don't know who it will be, but we had a chance at beating all of them last year. Yes we are losing a lot of offense, but the most important part is there. If you are going to have a yound QB you have to have a good O-Line to run the ball. We also get to lose Dooley and Sunseri. Dooley is self explanatory, and Sunseri never should have tried switching to the 3-4. IF we had the 4-3 last year we would have beaten one (or more) of the 3 top east teams and we definitely wouldn't have lost to vandy. The wheels had fallen off by that game.

And it has to be said, this is if we don't take a bad loss that we shouldn't early or midway through the season. That could easily cause a chain reaction like we have seen in years past. Like I said, the previous post is me trying to take a realistic look at an optimistic outcome for the season. All of us here want to be back to our winning ways, and I don't think optimism is a crime

VN Store

Back