A more realistic look at this years schedule (with predictions).

tennessee- georgia (dogs. of all the home games, i think this is the best chance of an upset. georgia has lsu the week before heading to knoxville. georgia also may not be as stout defensively as some other opponents)
You got a murderer's row going with OR, UF, UGA, USCe, and Bama with only S. Bama in between. Killer schedule! If we don't get anyone key hurt before we go to Neyland, I don't like your chances on paper. We should score a lot of points and we have some very good, young athletes on D. 5 games into the season they should have some teeth cut, but you never know. Anything can happen in college football. But the OP is being pretty much a homer to predict 9 wins with your team and schedule. I think most of you are being more reasonable and letting CBJ do his thang, rather than predicting him into a hole. 7 wins should be appreciated. If he gets 9 the NFL should look at him immediately!

Georgia isn't BAMA, Florida, or Oregon. Or anywhere close. Y'all underachieve with some much talent on your team and all the fertile recruiting ground in Georgia. Call me a homer if you want but it's a toss up until you get a coach that excels with what he has.

And you're right about our schedule, but as we have all HURD, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Playing elite teams will make you better.

Last edited:
I agree with all but the SC part.i think we lose a really close one...Georgia we beat because lets face it we always bring out the worst in that team and most of there d is gone.

TN 42 vs. AP 10 (Face it it's AP)

TN 38 vs. WKU 14 (Even with motorcycle man they are still a weak team that so happen to have a decent record in that weak conf)

TN 14 at. OREG 31 (This game could be a good one if our QB and WRs can get going)

TN 17 at. UF 24 (Face it we need a composed accurate mobile QB assuming Dobbs won't start we are kind of slow at QB)

TN 49 vs. SouthBAMA 7 (It is south bama enough said)

TN 28 vs UGA 24 (Butch gets his signature win)

TN 24 vs SCAR 21 (I just don't think they will be much this year)

TN 14 at BAMA 35 (It's BAMA just don't see us stopping the steroid backs)

TN 31 at MIZZ 28 (should be a fun game in columbia)

TN 28 vs AUB 17 (AU will be tough it could go either way imo but i just think we are better right now)

TN 38 vs. VANDY 17 (vandy face it you beat us with the our worst D ever statistically and the worst head coach ever in our history you are still vandy enjoy 5-7 vandy goodbye)

TN 42 at UK 14 (c'mon chaney beat you quit trying to act tough)

9-3 (6-2) 4th in SEC (outback bowl vs michigan state)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0cJFJFzmzU[/youtube]

They're not beating Georgia. S.Carolina, Mizzou, Vandy and Auburn are toss ups.

Will readily admit that the schedule is brutal....however will also concede that of the last three years of Vol hell, I have no idea what to expect out of this team next year.

The defense will be much better, as our personnel matches the 4-4 without a doubt. I look forward to being presently surprised on both sides of the ball, and find myself unwilling to concede anything to GA, Fla or SC at this point.

I'm not saying I expect wins, just that I'm unwilling to concede.

I like your courage

I agree with all but the SC part.i think we lose a really close one...Georgia we beat because lets face it we always bring out the worst in that team and most of there d is gone.

What? This isn't the 1990's anymore. Isn't Richt 8-4 against UT?

They're not beating Georgia. S.Carolina, Mizzou, Vandy and Auburn are toss ups.

You lost all hope of me thinking you had a point when you stated Vandy was a toss up let me remind you even Bobby Johnson got lucky once let me also remind you that before all the rumors of Dooley's firing we hung with UGA which you guys lost 48-3. And let me also remind you about Northwestern and how Ole Miss had you beat but choked. Tennessee is (73-29-5) against Vanderbilt Average score: Tennessee 20.7 - Vanderbilt 13.7. This is and will remain our state and when we are back on top don't you dare throw on orange!

My football dislike for Vanderbilt is becoming the same as Arkansas how many Titles you got vandy?

VN Store

Back