Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

"Former Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court Warren Burger argues that the sale, purchase, and use of guns should be regulated just as automobiles and boats are regulated; such regulations would not violate the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. " I tend to agree with Warren Burger on this.

When did having boat or automobile become a constitutional right?

We call that selfishness. That’s why it would be good for you. It would force you to grow up and think beyond yourself

That's awfully presumptuous.

I do plenty of charity work and contribute a substantial deal towards causes that are beyond myself.

Some of us settle and some of us don't. I don't think there's any disparity of masculinity between those two lifestyles.

This one proved to be mentally ill and from what I’ve read there were signs of aggression and anger present before this. He chose death by cop and killed innocent children and adults in the process.
There is no answer to who will flip a switch at any given time or what the trigger is. There are psychopaths with guns who never break the law.
Background checks are already in place to detect previous crimes and mental health issues like self harm or danger to others.
We have a generation of broken children created by broken parents. Unless someone has an answer for that we will continue on the same. I personally believe a whole loving family with solid values is the ideal situation for a child to be raised in. I believe it is the crux of the problem. Absence of the nuclear family.
Perfectly stated. 👍

When did having boat or automobile become a constitutional right?
That ignores the point and plenty of constitutional scholars and present/former supreme court justices do not agree with you on the meaning of what many count as the most important Constitutional amendment. Me personally, there are ohters that are more important.

That ignores the point and plenty of constitutional scholars and present/former supreme court justices do not agree with you on the meaning of what many count as the most important Constitutional amendment. Me personally, there are ohters that are more important.

What’s not to agree with? The founding fathers offered tons of context as to why we need a 2nd amendment. There’s really nothing that needs interpreted

Reactions: davethevol
But didn't someone say those 800-1200 rounds per minute ARs aren't available on the civilian market? I'm confused.
Are they available or not?
If not, why?

Careful now
Because we allowed some infringement on rights which weren't supposed to be infringed upon........ Kind of makes the case for keeping what we got in case the government continues to infringe no?

The government has increased it's infringement upon the rights afforded it's people......... Careful indeed, careful how much we continue to give.

I didn't say it. I posted a link that said. Seems now some of you guys are saying that it is accurate but not for the ARs available to the general citizen, only for military grade.....why are you not allowed to purchase? Isn't that a 2A infringement? nah...........
We were...... Until that right was infringed upon.

Remind me how a viper eats it's prey

Reactions: davethevol
Yes, it’s selfish to not want to have kids. It’s why you exist
I don’t necessarily think it’s selfish, some people realize that they would suck as parents.. it’s not good planning though, in long term care, the people who don’t have kids are super sad and lonely, plus parenting can be the most anxiety provoking, wonderful, incredible experience you will ever have as a human.. I love my husband, but once I had those babies.. forget about it 😂

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I don’t necessarily think it’s selfish, some people realize that they would suck as parents.. it’s not good planning though, in long term care, the people who don’t have kids are super sad and lonely, plus parenting can be the most anxiety provoking, wonderful, incredible experience you will ever have as a human.. I love my husband, but once I had those babies.. forget about it 😂

Growing up is part of becoming a good parent. It’s accepting the next stage in life. No different than leaving your parents home or getting a job.

Didn’t you say you cried with your kids when trump was elected? That checks a lot of boxes.
That's about 20% true, which actually beats the hell out of your normal truth percentage.

I'm still waiting for someone to start a "brag about you kids" thread.

I seriously understand that we need to reduce the lethality of weapons available to the general public. I seriously understand that calling for no controls is simply untenable. Why would I trust just about any Tom, Dick or Harry to own all manner of weapons when I'm not sure I trust many of them to drive. Yes, for some of these weapons, you'll receive a ton of training before use in certain professions. Does our average citizen receive such training prior to making decision such as when to use deadly force? So yes, I do look for compromise and not a strict 'gun control is off the table' position.

Lotta words. No answer. Like all of your posts.

Because we allowed some infringement on rights which weren't supposed to be infringed upon........ Kind of makes the case for keeping what we got in case the government continues to infringe no?

The government has increased it's infringement upon the rights afforded it's people......... Careful indeed, careful how much we continue to give.
LOL....Which means that if you had your way, in all of the instances in which an AR 15 was used, the person would have had a fully automatic firing 800 rounds per minute.

Step back and behold how absolutely asinine that position is..........

All it really proves is how essential rational and reasonable limitations and restrictions are........and how the gun nuts on the extreme will fight even the most rational and reasonable.

It's on the borderline of suggesting the gun nut right should not even be considered, because they are against it all.

Growing up is part of becoming a good parent. It’s accepting the next stage in life. No different than leaving your parents home or getting a job.

It's far different. Not everyone should be a parent.

You will die surrounded by your family, ideally. I will die having seen and done more things around the world than most can claim, ideally.

I don't see either of these as a measure of a man. I think I'm a better man for not having kids for little more than fulfilling a predetermined role, which I think way too many people do.

VN Store

Back