Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

Yeah my response was more rejecting that any entity is allowing this to happen. That’s passing off responsibility.

Thoughts and prayers are bullsh*t and obviously get nothing accomplished. And people say this isn’t the time but I’d disagree. Do something and do it now besides offering thoughts and prayers. Bc the sympathy everyone feels right will soon fade and everyone will move on. It happens every time.
Which proposed actions are you and @bignewt ready to endorse?

Let’s do something right now.

This is weird, the person doing public information for Nashville Fire is wearing a bullet proof vest.

Hearing from a person I know in the area that there are multiple SWAT and ATF tactical teams deploying at multiple locations in the area.

That's even crazier. I don't remember hearing a case of a women shooting children.

Looked it up, since 1984, there have been 135 mass shootings involving a male and only 3 by a female.
Dude, there’s like 135 mass shootings every year in this, the only civilized country on earth that allows children to be mowed down in lawless regularity.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Extensive background checks + firearms safety course and test before being allowed to own a gun + raise age of purchase to 21 + registration of all firearms would be a good place to start.
Like a national registry of all firearms owners in the US?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
This is weird, the person doing public information for Nashville Fire is wearing a bullet proof vest.

Hearing from a person I know in the area that there are multiple SWAT and ATF tactical teams deploying at multiple locations in the area.

That’s general procedure. They have to presume that while yes, they killed the active shooter, there’s still some chance of a second shooter or accomplice until a certain point. (Though I presume in this case, there’s most likely not).

Extensive background checks + firearms safety course and test before being allowed to own a gun + raise age of purchase to 21 + registration of all firearms would be a good place to start.

I'm good with all that except the last bit.

Reactions: MarcoVol
When you have a problem no one can agree on how to fix the problem gets worse, not better.
Sometimes I stress myself out imagining that even if we could agree on what would fix the problem, it wouldn’t work, because I worry it isn’t something that can be fixed top-down. Gazing into the abyss and what not.

VN Store

Back