Active Shooter Killed At Nashville School

You want everyone else to clarify their position, so how about you clarify yours, smartass? You’re assuming an awful lot about me.
I asked Hog if he would consider a pistol or rifle chambered in .22 lr an adequate weapon for home defense, since he objected to me saying that a .22 is not as deadly as 5.56. What about that betrays a lack of understanding?

The people at ruby ridge tried to defend their home against the very people you want to give even more power to. How did that work out?

Nothing new, the Republiars shamelessly do it all the time. Wonder what happens when (not if) one of them gets shot.
Republicans accused of hypocrisy over gun safety after Nashville shooting – as it happened: School shooting that left three children and three adults dead brought condolences from conservatives who oppose gun control
Source: Republicans accused of hypocrisy over gun safety after Nashville shooting – as it happened | US politics | The Guardian

How is this considered hypocritical?

Suppose your friend died in a car crash. You couldn’t offer condolences to his spouse so long as you continued to drive your car??

There are plenty of regulations. Am I missing something?
There are regulations and plenty of loopholes. There's a database(s) that isn't maintained or updated as it should be. Not to mention that regulations without teeth aren't very helpful. Anyway, nice to see someone from my hometown.

????????????
Maybe view it similarly to being a war vet. Being a war vet is certainly not a mental illness, but war vets have much higher likelihood of suffering from mental illness.

I hope some of you will actually think that through before responding,
The phrase "mental illness" casts a very large net. It can range to very little day to day impact to needing to be put in an institution. Attached is a very interesting read on types and the range of impact on these different types. Not sure how the catch phrase "mental Illness" fits into all the discussions going on here. www.nami.org/about-mental-illness/mental-health-conditions

I'm trying to determine at this point if you're a despicable human being, or if this was just a despicable statement on your part. Despite your politics, which I detest, I'm actually leaning to the latter right now.
You know LG is a lawyer, right? How does that not answer the question? :)

There are regulations and plenty of loopholes. There's a database(s) that isn't maintained or updated as it should be. Not to mention that regulations without teeth aren't very helpful. Anyway, nice to see someone from my hometown.

Don't disagree.

Question is if the current laws can't be enforced then how would more laws help?

You want everyone else to clarify their position, so how about you clarify yours, smartass? You’re assuming an awful lot about me.
I asked Hog if he would consider a pistol or rifle chambered in .22 lr an adequate weapon for home defense, since he objected to me saying that a .22 is not as deadly as 5.56. What about that betrays a lack of understanding?
depends upon whose hands it is in.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Action News 5
@WMCActionNews5
·
1h
Mike Hill, 61, was shot and killed during the school shooting Monday morning in Nashville. Hill, a custodian at Covenant School, was a father of seven children and 14 grandchildren. His family says he loved to cook and spend time with his big family

FsWAZa_WYAAd4xW

US Marshals? When did I mention giving more power to US Marshals?

Do you think people should be able to break laws and shoot at law enforcement with impunity?

You forgot about the FBI. What law did they break? What would you do if some sniper was on your property illegally and pointed a weapon at you? It’s sad you want even more inept government control when they have failed to utilize what they currently have.

Don't disagree.

Question is if the current laws can't be enforced then how would more laws help?
I'm all about results. Put regulations in place with enforcement ability that actually help with our current issues. I do like the idea of red flag laws.

Lol okay. I was asking rhetorically if he would use a .22 caliber weapon (sorry for being overly specific for your taste) for home defense. Point being it’s well and good to crow about how “even a .22 is deadly” but is that what you want in your hand when there’s somebody in the house at 3 AM. Nice job though, Sherlock! You’re so insightful!
No. Never mind.

Lol okay. I was asking rhetorically if he would use a .22 caliber weapon (sorry for being overly specific for your taste) for home defense. Point being it’s well and good to crow about how “even a .22 is deadly” but is that what you want in your hand when there’s somebody in the house at 3 AM. Nice job though, Sherlock! You’re so insightful!

Thanks for making a case for something with a bit more stopping power.

Chicago students dying in shootings at record rate before reaching high school: report

Use Chicago and their strict gun laws as a reference. They get the guns from adjacent states, just as the muddled city masses get their Fentanyl from across the border. That works out well, although we could get Holder back and he could implement a gun running scheme with the cartels. Maybe buy an ounce of Fentanyl and get a free pistol.

VN Store

Back