Adams has a point...

2/14 bad seasons with Fulmer

3/4 bad seasons without Fulmer

Hmmmmmm???? Ya Fulmer was the problem!!!!! Lol

You forgot about 2002, that was a bad year too. Again, if Hamilton makes the right hire in 09 or 10 Tennessee would be just fine. Btw, 2009 would have been pretty rough if Fulmer would have still been coach.

And what is wrong with that? Just kidding. As to Adams article, if Fulmer would keep his mouth shut and trying to get back in the good graces of the fans by perpetually blaming others for his own downfall then people like Adams wouldn't be tempted to bring the truth (history) back up. Fulmer thinks that if he says it long enough some people will believe him, and forget. Some of us won't--ever.

So, you want him to not answer questions when he is at public events? Ok, that way people will ***** about him being a recluse. Smart. He was asked a question and he answered it, and people on here blow it out of proportion to bash the man. Nothing else.

Reactions: 2 people
You forgot about 2002, that was a bad year too. Again, if Hamilton makes the right hire in 09 or 10 Tennessee would be just fine. Btw, 2009 would have been pretty rough if Fulmer would have still been coach.

I don't think UT loses to Auburn or UCLA at home if Fulmer was still the coach. May not have beaten Georgia (toss up based on how that series goes) but I think they still win everything else that Kiffin did.

I don't think UT loses to Auburn or UCLA at home if Fulmer was still the coach. May not have beaten Georgia (toss up based on how that series goes) but I think they still win everything else that Kiffin did.

Uh what makes you think they beat UCLA or Auburn? Remember if Kiffin isn't hired, Crompton still really sucks like he did in 08.

Borrowed Fulmer quotes/excuses from a poster from TOS:

Great analysis! How can anyone read these posts, right out of Fulmer's mouth and seriously consider him for any job? Excuses, excuses, excuses. He probably doesn't even realize what he has said in the past. If he won't take responsibility for his in-actions then at least he could keep his mouth shut, but no, his ego won't let him. Every time he plays the blame game I hope someone like John Adams will remind readers of the facts like these.

So, you want him to not answer questions when he is at public events? Ok, that way people will ***** about him being a recluse. Smart. He was asked a question and he answered it, and people on here blow it out of proportion to bash the man. Nothing else.

Fulmer being a recluse? Are you serious? We can only hope.

OK, enough of my Fulmer bashing. We have I think a great hire in Butch Jones and I think he will take us to where we want to be. Let's not forget where other programs have fallen before. Look what happened to Bama before they hired Saban, went through a bunch of coaches. This season will be interesting but next season will definitely be better with the new recruits that Butch has lined up. BGO!

None of this would have ever happened or written if Fulmer had kept his mouth shut and moved on with his life.

Adams is a douche and some stuff about presidents coming and going were true bottom line was his recruiting went to crap and more so his coach hires were not top notch and sec losing these two elements result in a fire. So Adams right on with this assessment

I think it go a long way for Fulmer to accept SOME blame for his late career plunge.
I think it would go a long way for Adams to come up with an original story.

Perfect storm. There is plenty of blame to go around. Fulmer is obviuosly witness to the energy and work ethic Butch is putting in.
Anyone think that if Fulmer was running in this gear that things would have ever ended up where they did for him? Honestly? Regardless of Hammy. Regardless of the revolving door at the Presidents office. If Fulmer were truly "working like heck," those things would have been little more than background noise, and the program NEVER would have had 5-7 seasons become the norm.
So, it doesn't surprise me that he is now making excuses for his failures. Fulmer thought he was untouchable. They acted like the local media should tote water for the program and responded arrogantly to all criticism. Thus the continued antagonism from Adams.

None of this would have ever happened or written if Fulmer had kept his mouth shut and moved on with his life.

Again, you act like Fulmer sought out the reporter and said "write this down. I want everyone to know about this." The man was asked a question at a function and answered it. Blame the reporter for asking the question. If he didn't answer the question, people would be fussing that Fulmer "thinks too highly of himself to answer questions."

Reactions: 2 people
Again, you act like Fulmer sought out the reporter and said "write this down. I want everyone to know about this." The man was asked a question at a function and answered it. Blame the reporter for asking the question. If he didn't answer the question, people would be fussing that Fulmer "thinks too highly of himself to answer questions."

How about an answer like this:

"That's a really tough question. There were certainly things going on on the administrative side that were hampering the program...the revolving door of university presidents, a relatively inexperienced AD... and academic issues that Dave Hart has mentioned and is working to fix...but ultimately, we didn't win enough ball games. I believe we were getting there and with time would have, but again, we just didn't win enough games. I would have liked and feel like I deserved more time, but I didn't get it. Next question."

IMO, that kind of answer would put him in line for the AD job if he wants it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back