‘23 AL RB Khalifa Keith (Tennessee)

Wright’s spin move is the best since Montario Hardesty. Uncanny balance that we haven’t had in our running back room since maybe Kamara and Kelly.

blue font? I have never seen him make an efficient lateral movement at Tennessee in any capacity. He's as stiff as they come. Runs hard, decent top-end speed but he's not shaking anybody in the open field. Jabari's clearly better than him in that regard.

blue font? I have never seen him make an efficient lateral movement at Tennessee in any capacity. He's as stiff as they come. Runs hard, decent top-end speed but he's not shaking anybody in the open field. Jabari's clearly better than him in that regard.
No…no blue font, dude. This is what seeing different things looks like. Check out the Kentucky game and maybe you’ll change your mind or whatevs. 😴

This is how I see it too. Wright does not have much "wiggle" or "phone booth" moves. He is great at hitting a crease at full speed and running really fast in a straight line. Small is much better at making a guy miss in the open field. In the bowl game, Wright had a nice long run down the right sideline. He had one DB on an island waiting on him about 40 yards down field. That is a nightmare situation for a defender with no help and all that grass to worry about. Wright attempted some type of elusive move for like a second and then just ended up running right into the tackle. That is not knocking Wright. It is just understanding the strength of different RB's. Small has great elusiveness with his lateral quickness but he doesn't have anywhere near the burst and top speed that Wright does. Both can be effective runners.

No…no blue font, dude. This is what seeing different things looks like. Check out the Kentucky game and maybe you’ll change your mind or whatevs. 😴
Seems like you all may be talking about two different things. I agree with you in that Wright has good balance, as evidenced by a couple runs in that UK game you mentioned. I see that as a different skill than the lateral movement, wiggle, phone booth moves that Jabari Small has shown. Small uses those moves to avoid the initial contact while Wright uses his balance to bounce off tackles or to keep his feet after initial contact. JMO.

Small can't create a big play like Wright can. Won't matter until you play the good defenses and front 4s/7s. But I think Clemson was the ultimate proof of that where Small had 13 carries for 38 yards (2.8 ypc) and Wright had 11 for 89 (8.1 ypc). Even if you take out his one big run of 42 yards, then you have 10 carries for 47 yards (4.7 ypc)
Game changed when Wright came in. Opened everything up.

Small can't create a big play like Wright can. Won't matter until you play the good defenses and front 4s/7s. But I think Clemson was the ultimate proof of that where Small had 13 carries for 38 yards (2.8 ypc) and Wright had 11 for 89 (8.1 ypc). Even if you take out his one big run of 42 yards, then you have 10 carries for 47 yards (4.7 ypc)

Small vs Wright against teams this year. Using Pitt, FL, LSU, Bama, USCjr.,UGA, and UK, Clemson as examples, rest of the garbage teams don't matter to me.

Small: 491 rushing yards, 73 receiving, 8 TD

Wright: 461 rushing yards, 5 receiving, 3 TD

Small = Wright

Y'all have a hard on for Wright

Last edited:
Small vs Wright against teams this year. Using Pitt, FL, LSU, Bama, USCjr.,UGA, and UK, Clemson as examples, rest of the garbage teams don't matter to me.

Small > Wright

How many carries to get those yards though?

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

Small > Wright

111 carries for Small (4.4 ypc)

88 carries for Wright (5.2 ypc)

Small's TDs were goal line carries

I don't think one is better than the other. They both do what they need to do. Impressive to have two rbs rush for almost 1000 yards, a 1000+ receiver, and obviously what Hooker did.[/QUITE]

I've never said Small was bad. He's been one of the best "value" recruits we've signed ever maybe.

Starting SEC RB. I was just saying to some on here that Wright has surpassed him. And Small has continued to get better.

Wright can't catch as cleanly as Small. Nor does he have the wiggle or feet of Small. But he's still a capable receiver and defenders still never get a clean hit on Wright.

I'm also glad to have both. And as talented as Sampson is, he'll still be back # 3 next season.

Serious question, do you have wright and small mixed up? Cause I feel the opposite , JayLen has shown some wiggle and speed.

Reactions: Tnfan41 and butchna
Eric Shelton.

That's who kid reminds me of.
5 star out of Kentucky that went to FSU then transferred to Bobby Petrino and Louisville.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

Small = Wright

Show me the attempts for each.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back