'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

When Brooks knows the offense is throwing the ball, an offense is left with three options. You can double team him, leave your tackle on an island and give up a sack, or hope that your tackle is able to hold him without drawing a flag. If Brooks gets by the outside shoulder of his offensive tackle, the play is over. He still has to actually go through the motions to finish the play, but once he gets the outside shoulder, with his speed, the play is dead. Brooks flashes his speed to devour the ground between himself and the quarterback, arriving with a bang and an inevitable finality.

Brooks has the hand techniques and usage that separate excellent pass rushers from good ones, but he does have room to grow in terms of the moves he goes to and the techniques he employs with his hands. Still, it is that breathtaking first step, stunning top-end speed, and the ability to play so low with a devastating bull rush that makes Brooks almost unblockable one-on-one in passing situations.
Analysis: Five-Star Edge Rusher Dylan Brooks Brings Immediate Impact to Tennessee with Commitment
This is what I’ve been looking for. I think that the only thing missing from the defense is a pass rusher who can consistently demand a double team. That’s not to say that I think we will struggle to pressure opposing QBs next season. We have some pass rushers who should make some plays, and I know that Pruitt and Ansley will blitz from everywhere. Still, a guy like this changes everything.

This is what I’ve been looking for. I think that the only thing missing from the defense is a pass rusher who can consistently demand a double team. That’s not to say that I think we will struggle to pressure opposing QBs next season. We have some pass rushers who should make some plays, and I know that Pruitt and Ansley will blitz from everywhere. Still, a guy like this changes everything.
I honestly think Joseph is a special talent and I look for Roman Harrison to take the next step.

Reactions: Yazzy and JacketVol
Bama/AU boards have been entertaining today.

According to their boards, Bama never wanted him and AU says they will flip him once games are played. Looks like a good pickup to me
giphy.gif

Bama/AU boards have been entertaining today.

According to their boards, Bama never wanted him and AU says they will flip him once games are played. Looks like a good pickup to me
Realistically how many more lives does Gus have? IMO had he not beaten Bama (they won on the scoreboard but if not for TWO pick 6s they wouldn’t have been close) he wouldn’t have made it to this year.

Realistically how many more lives does Gus have? IMO had he not beaten Bama (they won on the scoreboard but if not for TWO pick 6s they wouldn’t have been close) he wouldn’t have made it to this year.
I’ve quit betting on Gus, he has more lives than a cat sanctuary.

Bama freaked out more than AU, isn’t he somehow AU legacy?

VN Store

Back