'21 AL WR Roc Taylor (Memphis signee)

Difficult spot for Heupel. He's been on the job how many days? As tough as it is for Taylor, I don't think evaluating his film should have been any higher on the priority list than it was. There are only so many hours in a day and JH doesn't even have a staff to help him yet.

I am going to guess that some spots will be left open- maybe all 4. I do not know what he expects in terms of transfers or late JUCO signees... or reduced scholarships. It would not be a bad strategy to sacrifice 4 scholarships in this class when he doesn't really have his act together if possible.

I hope Roc goes and kills it at whatever destination he ends up. I just wish JH would've called and told him himself a few days after he was hired. The article (which obviously is only one side of the story) sounds bad that they didn't call the High School coach (or Roc) until they were trying to get the LOI for tomorrow.

Reactions: PA Vol and vol66
People act like a player has to sign the day of signing day. He has time to find another school.
Yep. Only negative is when schools fill up but with the transfer rule, a lot of schools will have spot openings. He should find a nice spot.

I tried to tell some of yall Roc was not doing the things he was supposed to be doing. Wish we would have gotten the WR Lewis that is heading to UK that guy is a beast

Last edited:
He didn't punk him let me see if I can find the highlights from the junior season game...Roc caught a lot of balls just at the line of scrimmage with 3 blockers in front of him Pinson Valley vs Oxford | Football | 11/29/2019 | MaxPreps
Fair enough on the short yardage plays, but both TDs, which accounted for roughly 90 of his 129 yds came against GM down the field, it looked to me like. Moot point now, as it looks like we will not be taking Roc. Reopened his recruitment after not hearing from Heupel.

VN Store

Back