Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

I wonder why you won't give him the same benefit of the doubt you give Peyton Manning?

We've only heard one side right now. Wait till we hear what Alexis has to say before grabbing the pitchforks.

Probably because Peyton's accuser said he never touched her in her initial complaint. She changed her story years later.

But I know the answer you were looking for is because Peyton's white. Your schtick is old and tiresome.

Reactions: 8 people
everyone needs to remember, Jones is doing his own investigation and if he finds something he doesn't like he can dismiss him from the team no matter what is happening on legal process. Just like he did Paulk.

that could come long before legal process cranks up.. all depends on what Jones learns

True, and the bad thing for this young man is the timing of it all. If he is guilty then I have no compassion for him. If he's not guilty and is falling victim to an exaggerated course of events based on someone wanting some attention because of this type situation being the hot topic of late then I feel bad for him should he be dismissed. Guys need to learn to put themselves in better situations ESPECIALLY since Tennessee is under the microscope right now for this type stuff with females.

Well, you're wrong. And you really should make it clear that something is your opinion and not a legal one, if you're not licensed to practice law.

What part are u saying I am wrong about? And I don't feel the need to provide you my resume but I will entertain you with the knowledge that I do have a license to practice law.

The way I see it, there are three sides to be on here. You can be on her side. You can be on his side. Or you can be on the side of truth. Maybe her side is truth. Maybe his side is truth. Most of the time, truth is somewhere in the middle. When truth reveals itself, then justice can be done. Knee jerk reactions to accusations help no one.

Great post. It is a shame though that often in he said she said situations the truth is never really known. Let's hope that isn't the case in this situation.

Oh, ok.

Doesn't seem to have had the desired effect he wanted then, because my first......and last thought after reading it, was/is only an idiot would post something so stupid.

lol.
It will to his buddies.
Sometimes a few of them will spend days on a thread just hurling random insults at the coaches and hitting like for each other.
Like some kind of weird gripers mating ritual. :unsure:

Reactions: 3 people
What part are u saying I am wrong about?

Never mind. I didn't mean to make it about you. People just keep dispensing legal opinions with limited knowledge of the law, and others take it as fact. I shouldn't have brought it up. Sorry.

Never mind. I didn't mean to make it about you. People just keep dispensing legal opinions with limited knowledge of the law, and it isn't helping the situation. I shouldn't have brought it up. Sorry.

Well, I am ASSUMING you are arguing the Tennessee statute on what constitutes aggravated assault. I will provide that for you. A simple google search will verify what I am posting here: (and no offense taken)

Aggravated assault is defined by Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-13-102(a) as follows:

(a) A person commits aggravated assault who:

(1) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101 and:

(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another;  or

(B) Uses or displays a deadly weapon;

lol.
It will to his buddies.
Sometimes a few of them will spend days on a thread just hurling random insults at the coaches and hitting like for each other.
Like some kind of weird gripers mating ritual. :unsure:

I wonder if we could file a lawsuit claiming to have been mentally raped by stupidity? I'm pretty sure I have told people to not be stupid on here before.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, I am ASSUMING you are arguing the Tennessee statute on what constitutes aggravated assault. I will provide that for you. A simple google search will verify what I am posting here: (and no offense taken)

Aggravated assault is defined by Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-13-102(a) as follows:

(1) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101 and:

Thanks. I already knew it.

When the Peyton incident happened, he didn't have a lifetime of credibility and integrity. He was a young college student, just like Alexis Johnson is now. Your argument has no merit.

3+ years on campus gives the opportunity to earn a reputation and credibility much more than a month does.

Actually it wouldn't. There has to be broken bones, major injury, or a weapon used to support aggravated assault. The officer is basing the charge on the choking to near unconsciousness which will be tough to stick in court.

39-13-102. Aggravated assault.

(a) (1) A person commits aggravated assault who:

(A) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101, and the assault:

(i) Results in serious bodily injury to another;

(ii) Results in the death of another;

(iii) Involved the use or display of a deadly weapon; or

(iv) Involved strangulation or attempted strangulation; or

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

I actually practice criminal defense. Please note item 4 in the actual Tennessee statute. I have had no less than 5 strangulation agg assault cases since the strangulation part was added. This sticks all the time in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
How many days did Peyton spend in jail? How many incriminating witnesses were there? Don't be a tool.

How much money did Alexis "victim" get paid? I think the Peyton manning stuff was BS after hearing the details and will wait on the facts to determine if this is BS or Alexis needs kicked out of school

These two don't quite match. Almost like someone....mistakenly......left part of it off.

39-13-102. Aggravated assault.

(a) (1) A person commits aggravated assault who:

(A) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101, and the assault:

(i) Results in serious bodily injury to another;

(ii) Results in the death of another;

(iii) Involved the use or display of a deadly weapon; or

(iv) Involved strangulation or attempted strangulation; or

LexisNexis® Custom Solution: Tennessee Code Research Tool

I actually practice criminal defense. Please note item 4 in the actual Tennessee statute. I have no less than 5 strangulation agg assault cases a year. This sticks all the time in court.

Reactions: 4 people
Volstate isn't an attorney. Knew that before s/he Googled the Tennessee Code.

46L5F94.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Volstate isn't an attorney. Knew that before s/he Googled the Tennessee Code.

To be fair the strangulation language was only added to the statute on July 1, 2015. But DA's in numerous counties were already charging defendant's with agg assault for choking before that with fairly successful results. Because choking as "serious bodily harm" can be interpreted differently by different people, there was a push to clarify the statute to include it.

Reactions: 1 person
Evidence is mounting Butch Jones needs to revamp his recruiting player profile as well as the culture change he likes to tout. UT aka Utter Trash.

Overreact much? How about we place the blame where it belongs, on the idiots that keep stepping on their dicks and not on the staff/school..

Some of you seriously need to pull your panties out of your crack, calm down and let things play out...

To be fair the strangulation language was only added to the statute on July 1, 2015. But DA's in numerous counties were already charging defendant's with agg assault for choking before that with fairly successful results. Because choking as "serious bodily harm" can be interpreted differently by different people, there was a push to clarify the statute to include it.

True. But it's unlikely that the post in question was written by an attorney. Do you not agree?

VN Store

Back