Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

I've seen the depth question today, and some equivocating about "play-fighting"...but I won't lump everyone in with that guys posts. Perhaps it's just my perception, if so I apologize. However, I see the sentiment of at least wanting to blame the female more than I'm comfortable with.

I have a couple of friends that were athletes on the Hill, and they warn about what jock-chasers do. I get it....but knowing that makes it less of an excuse when guys put themselves in these situations.

No need to apologize at all. I've seen a few posts here and there about the DT rotation, just not many at all....seem out of place for sure in this thread.

Wow, what happened in here?
I glanced at the thread last night and thought
"stupid if true but we'll see".

Tried to catch up on posts but calls for half the administration to be fired
and even the boosters lol. Oh, and 1 for Jones but that was westernky, he calls for a Butch firing when the Lady Vols lose...or win.

Anybody else for letting it play out?
And if the kid is guilty, letting him be responsible for his own actions?

Maybe they need to have mandatory consent forms that both parties sign. It is really getting ridiculous....we were play fighting and he touched my breast. We've "dated" and had sex in the past as well. Maybe he is dumb enough to assault her, maybe she wants in on the lawsuit.

Any agreement that can be revoked by either party at any time verbally or non-verbally isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Then maybe we need to stop coddling these athletes. Might make a difference if they're not treated like celebrities and given everything while they're on campus (or before). Make them really appreciate the tremendous opportunity they've been given

That makes sense, but will never happen. These guys are celebrities, and most likely have for a long while.

I had a friend who's son had elite talent by the time he was in the 8th grade he was getting offers from private high schools one even said they would pad his grades.

The parents were offended by the offer and went a different way, well he flunked out and didn't play ball after his junior year. A real waste of athletic talent.

That makes sense, but will never happen. These guys are celebrities, and most likely have for a long while.

I had a friend who's son had elite talent by the time he was in the 8th grade he was getting offers from private high schools one even said they would pad his grades.

The parents were offended by the offer and went a different way, well he flunked out and didn't play ball after his junior year. A real waste of athletic talent.

It's doesn't matter what the talent is if they don't have the grades

Reactions: 1 person
Really? You are saying that every member of VN (presumably male, but why not both) could find himself/ herself nearly strangling a partner, trying to force him/her to have sex, and then refusing to let him/her leave?

Really? :no:

Any one of us could be accused. Accused does not equal guilt. People who take the attitude "that could never happen to me" are often victims of those they trusted.

This does not reflect my feelings on this case. I do not know the facts of the crime, just the accusations, so it's way too early to say one way or the other what should happen to Alexis Johnson, other than suspension from the team pending investigation.

Reactions: 3 people
Any one of us could be accused. Accused does not equal guilt. People who take the attitude "that could never happen to me" are often victims of those they trusted.

This does not reflect my feelings on this case. I do not know the facts of the crime, just the accusations, so it's way too early to say one way or the other what should happen to Alexis Johnson, other than suspension from the team pending investigation.

I didn't read his post as meaning that anyone could be accused. I thought he was saying that anyone could cross the line into violent behavior. My bad. :hi:

I, for one, don't want to build a team and win that way. There's worse things than losing football games.

Maybe I'm in the minority, and it just doesn't matter.

Absolutely there are worse things than losing a football game. For instance, you could throw a young man's life away for being accused of something without ever letting the system play out and determine if he's actually guilty. We all know accusation equals guilt, right?

If he did it, he should face justice. If he did it. Somehow I doubt any of us on here have access to the actual evidence of the case. There's probably a he said/she said narrative, but no actual evidence out there for us to see. Instead of bickering about whether he should be kicked off the team completely, why don't we let the investigation play out and a fair outcome be reached?

Reactions: 1 person

Being accused equals guilt to the He Men Men haters club.

From Dustin Dopirak:

The victim, who previously dated Johnson on two occasions, told police she was "play fighting" with him in the living room and the bedroom of his apartment sometime between 3-5 a.m. Sunday when the horseplay turned violent, according to arrest warrants. The episode escalated when the 6-foot-4, 295-pound Johnson placed his hand around the victim's throat, repeatedly choking her to the point that she could not fight back and felt she was going to pass out, warrants state. A witness said Johnson "appeared to be really punching her," and that the victim's lip was "busted," according to the warrants.

"The defendant attempted to repetitively touch and kiss her and she repeatedly stated that she did not want to have sex with him," the warrants state. "(The) victim attempted to leave the bedroom and said the defendant blocked the door prohibiting her exit. While doing so, the defendant stated, 'You think I won't (expletive) you up?' "

From Dustin Dopirak:

The victim, who previously dated Johnson on two occasions, told police she was "play fighting" with him in the living room and the bedroom of his apartment sometime between 3-5 a.m. Sunday when the horseplay turned violent, according to arrest warrants. The episode escalated when the 6-foot-4, 295-pound Johnson placed his hand around the victim's throat, repeatedly choking her to the point that she could not fight back and felt she was going to pass out, warrants state. A witness said Johnson "appeared to be really punching her," and that the victim's lip was "busted," according to the warrants.

"The defendant attempted to repetitively touch and kiss her and she repeatedly stated that she did not want to have sex with him," the warrants state. "(The) victim attempted to leave the bedroom and said the defendant blocked the door prohibiting her exit. While doing so, the defendant stated, 'You think I won't (expletive) you up?' "

He gone.

Reactions: 2 people
From Dustin Dopirak:

Rucker is saying there maybe something to his side of the story...after reading that, I'd sure love to hear it.

Scroll back though, look at how many are instantly ready to condemn the girl. It's not just this incident, but every time something like this happens.The first response is an exclamation about how it effects the football team, what it does to depth, and who can replace him.

Most are not condemning the girl. Many are simply calling for an investigation before a rush to judgement.

As for the bolded, this isn't a crime stoppers website. It's Volnation, and more specifically, this is the football forum. Of course people are going to be concerned how it effects the team. That doesn't mean anyone is saying cover it up or make it go away. It's simply caring about the team that brings them to this website.

From Dustin Dopirak:

"Witness"??

Rucker is saying there maybe something to his side of the story...after reading that, I'd sure love to hear it.

Rucker:

Listen, guys, I'm going to put this extremely — and I mean EXTREMELY — lightly, but I've heard that there are conflicting stories on this situation with Alexis Johnson, and that everyone would do well to let this play out a bit before making a final judgment.
Those charges look bad — I mean, really bad, no lie — but I've heard there might be more going on than meets the eye here.

If this didn't come from someone I trust, I wouldn't post it. But considering where it came from, I decided to post it.

I know there will be a million questions, but for now all I'm going to say about this is what I just said. We'll see what happens here.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder why you won't give him the same benefit of the doubt you give Peyton Manning?

We've only heard one side right now. Wait till we hear what Alexis has to say before grabbing the pitchforks.

Because Peyton has a lifetime of credibility and integrity and has never been arrested. Alexis has been on campus two weeks and has been arrested for assault on a victim who has a busted lip AND witnesses saying he choked and punched her in his OWN apartment.

From Dustin Dopirak:

Sounds very damning. But where's the actual police report? This could very well be what happened, but it's pure hearsay coming from Dustin Dopirak. Let the justice system play out. If Alexis is found guilty, then we can burn him in effigy.

Evidence is interesting in this case. There does seem to be physical evidence but the problem is the victim admits to "play fighting"

So evidence could be very sketchy IMO

Play fighting in general can be a slippery slope. Add to that the location (a bedroom) and the timing(wee hours of the morning).

Play fighting in general can be a slippery slope. Add to that the location (a bedroom) and the timing(wee hours of the morning).

I have taken a lot of heat in this thread but you are 100% correct

It's all a very odd combination and that is all I have been saying

Last edited:
Because Peyton has a lifetime of credibility and integrity and has never been arrested. Alexis has been on campus two weeks and has been arrested for assault on a victim who has a busted lip AND witnesses saying he choked and punched her in his OWN apartment.

When the Peyton incident happened, he didn't have a lifetime of credibility and integrity. He was a young college student, just like Alexis Johnson is now. Your argument has no merit.

When the Peyton incident happened, he didn't have a lifetime of credibility and integrity. He was a young college student, just like Alexis Johnson is now. Your argument has no merit.

How many days did Peyton spend in jail? How many incriminating witnesses were there? Don't be a tool.

Reactions: 3 people

And Peyton was relatively a highly touted QB at the time though.

VN Store

Back