Alexis Johnson arrested (merged/updated 4/21)

Here's the difference:

Von Pearson, AJ Johnson and Mike Williams were involved in he said-she said cases. The alleged victims had no physical injuries and claimed no force was used. It's in the incident reports. It took four months of investigation to gather sufficient evidence for arrest warrants for AJ and Williams. There was insufficient evidence to obtain an arrest warrant for Pearson.

Alexis Johnson may also be involved in a he said-she said case. The alleged victim has visible physical injuries and claims force was used. A witness and physical evidence support her claims. There was sufficient evidence for an arrest warrant almost immediately.

Here's the difference:

Von Pearson, AJ Johnson and Mike Williams were involved in he said-she said cases. The alleged victims had no physical injuries and claimed no force was used. It's in the incident reports. It took four months of investigation to gather sufficient evidence for arrest warrants for AJ and Williams. There was insufficient evidence to obtain an arrest warrant for Pearson.

Alexis Johnson may also be involved in a he said-she said case. The alleged victim has visible physical injuries and claims force was used. A witness and physical evidence support her claims. There was sufficient evidence for an arrest warrant almost immediately.

Would completely agree but the victim has admitted to play fighting

When does the witness say the victim was appeared to be punched?

If it was during the admitted play fighting doesn't that make that witness irrelevant?

Reactions: 1 person
Is dated code word for screwed? Where does he know this girl from? He's been on campus a month. He's dated the same girl twice already?

How many days did Peyton spend in jail? How many incriminating witnesses were there? Don't be a tool.

Other than the victim, there was at least one witness who said Peyton had behaved inappropriately. The difference, Peyton was never brought up on criminal charges. The trainer didn't go to the police, she went to the administration at the time. The civil case was never adjudicated as a settlement was reached.

I love Peyton Manning. I've rooted for him since he was a Vol and for all of his years in the NFL. But if I thought he was beyond reproach, better than normal people, well then, I'd be a tool.

Here's the difference:

It's not hard to come up with sufficient evidence to be charged. The test is whether said evidence stands up in court.

Actually, it is. Or Von Pearson would have been arrested and charged.

The accusation is aggravated assault. Any bruise in or around her neck or face area would be grounds for the charge.

Bama fan here at work just nailed me. He happened to be walking by while I was explaining to the only other UT guy here about the incident. He heard me say "choke" and he said "Ya'll gotta quit talking about that Oklahoma game". touche'

We gotta beat these guys and shut them up.

Reactions: 2 people
in lockup, maybe he can get in the same prison as mack----then they can form a prison football team to play the guards for privileges and extra cigarettes!!!

The way I see it, there are three sides to be on here. You can be on her side. You can be on his side. Or you can be on the side of truth. Maybe her side is truth. Maybe his side is truth. Most of the time, truth is somewhere in the middle. When truth reveals itself, then justice can be done. Knee jerk reactions to accusations help no one.

The accusation is aggravated assault. Any bruise in or around her neck or face area would be grounds for the charge.

What's your argument? That it wasn't knowingly inflicted? That it wasn't meant to cause bodily harm? That he was unfairly charged? What?

Evidence is mounting Butch Jones needs to revamp his recruiting player profile as well as the culture change he likes to tout. UT aka Utter Trash.

Reactions: 4 people
in lockup, maybe he can get in the same prison as mack----then they can form a prison football team to play the guards for privileges and extra cigarettes!!!

It is amazing to me all the events that have happened the last two days. I wasn't in yesterday, didn't even read the news paper and didn't watch anything on TV last night. So when I signed in today and saw this thread I was like O.O

Evidence is mounting Butch Jones needs to revamp his recruiting player profile as well as the culture change he likes to tout. UT aka Utter Trash.

What? This is one of the more stupid statements made on here in awhile. Please tell me you are kidding and my sarcasm meter is just broken today.

Reactions: 4 people

I think these sorts if things happen everywhere. Tennessee is by no means the only university to experience this.

The way I see it, there are three sides to be on here. You can be on her side. You can be on his side. Or you can be on the side of truth. Maybe her side is truth. Maybe his side is truth. Most of the time, truth is somewhere in the middle. When truth reveals itself, then justice can be done. Knee jerk reactions to accusations help no one.

Best post in the thread

Actually it wouldn't. There has to be broken bones, major injury, or a weapon used to support aggravated assault. The officer is basing the charge on the choking to near unconsciousness which will be tough to stick in court. Too argumentative. This whole situation has way too many question marks in it for me. I'll reserve judgement on this until all the facts are out but just having read the warrant and heard the story of the "play" fighting turning to serious fighting just raises too many red flags. I wouldn't be surprised to hear most if not all of these charges being either severely lessened to say a disorderly conduct charge or taken under advisement and dismissed after a certain amount of time with minimal fines. If this guy is guilty of of what he is charged send him packing but this all just sounds way too sketchy for my taste.

What? This is one of the more stupid statements made on here in awhile. Please tell me you are kidding and my sarcasm meter is just broken today.

Just a carbon copy of his post from yesterday.
Said for attention and virtual high fives (likes)

Actually it wouldn't. There has to be broken bones, major injury, or a weapon used to support aggravated assault. The officer is basing the charge on the choking to near unconsciousness which will be tough to stick in court. Too argumentative. This whole situation has way too many question marks in it for me. I'll reserve judgement on this until all the facts are out but just having read the warrant and heard the story of the "play" fighting turning to serious fighting just raises too many red flags. I wouldn't be surprised to hear most if not all of these charges being either severely lessened to say a disorderly conduct charge or taken under advisement and dismissed after a certain amount of time with minimal fines. If this guy is guilty of of what he is charged send him packing but this all just sounds way too sketchy for my taste.

You're not an attorney, right?

Just a carbon copy of his post from yesterday.
Said for attention and virtual high fives (likes)

Oh, ok.

Doesn't seem to have had the desired effect he wanted then, because my first......and last thought after reading it, was/is only an idiot would post something so stupid.

everyone needs to remember, Jones is doing his own investigation and if he finds something he doesn't like he can dismiss him from the team no matter what is happening on legal process. Just like he did Paulk.

that could come long before legal process cranks up.. all depends on what Jones learns

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back