Amateur Hour Continues

D_CBc9iVUAAjV2l.png

Confederate Railroad releases statement after being removed from Du Quoin Fair lineup

Illinois State Representative Terri Bryant also took to social media to share her thoughts about the decision. Bryant expressed that if Confederate Railroad was canceled, Snoop Dog’s act should be canceled as well. See her post below:

I have been trying to sort truth from fiction in the issue of entertainment decisions at our two State Fairs. I know people are polarized on the issue, but it is always important to get facts. While in Chicago today to attend a hearing I was able to secure a meeting with two high-ranking members of Gov. Pritzker’s Exec. Staff.

I also asked Rep. Tim Butler to join us as he represents the State fairgrounds in Springfield.

The meeting was multi-fold. I wanted to identify for my constituents who made the call to cancel the contract with Confederate Railroad and the official reason for why it was done. I also wanted to express my absolute disagreement with the cancelation. In addition, I wanted an explanation for the booking of Snoop Dogg in Springfield considering his album cover has a picture of what appears to be a dead President Trump on a slab covered with a flag while Snoop Dogg stands over him in a defiant manner.

I wanted the Administration to know I expected Confederate Railroad’s contract to be reinstated. I argued that if Confederate Railroad is canceled, then Snoop Dogg should be canceled too.

I was informed in no uncertain terms, that the decision to cancel CR was made by the Pritzker administration, including the two people sitting with me at the table. They affirmed that the decision was not made by DuQuoin Fair officials or by Director Sullivan.

They refused my insistence that Confederate Railroad be permitted to perform. Their reasoning was that they have a hard fast rule not to permit any use of the Confederate flag in any way. When I asked what their policy was pertaining to a sitting President being depicted in the way President Trump is depicted on Snoop Dogg’s album cover, they said, they had no such policy.

In fact, I was told by one of the Governor’s staffers that I should use this case as a “teachable moment” for the people of Southern Illinois. I am serious…that is what the staffer said.
In short, the Pritzker administration canceled Confederate Railroad because the Confederate flag offends many people.

They refused to cancel Snoop Dogg even though it offends many people. I believe in very limited government censorship. I believe even less in double standards.

In light of all of this, it is understandable that many want to boycott the DuQuoin Fair. I fear that any such boycott will be a harsh blow to Southern Illinois’ economy and unfairly punish small businesses that count on the fair to keep people employed. These small businesses did nothing to cause any kind of boycott.

I told the Pritzker people to believe the boycott is real and that they will ultimately own the resulting economic damage that results from this hypocritical decision.

Can we all agree people who tamper with food like this should be shot on site in the head with no trial?

Yeah, the tamper resistant packaging means the ice cream will be melted by the time you finally get the box open ... if you can afford to pay for what the ice cream plus tamper proof packaging costs. I'm predicting something like double priced 1/4 quart packages that they want you to believe are still the old one quart size.

Poor saps don't realize how much safer everyone would have been if they had all just had guns.

I guess political correctness makes any mention of demographics in that Disney scene a serious faux pas? Same with that chart floating around ... the one about cities and murders ... particularly in the places with stricter gun control.

I guess political correctness makes any mention of demographics in that Disney scene a serious faux pas? Same with that chart floating around ... the one about cities and murders ... particularly in the places with stricter gun control.

I know, only black and brown people get into public brawls, but PC just prevents us from saying so.

VN Store

Back