Amateur Hour Continues

Do more Europeans "look down on Americans" than vice versa?

I've never been there but I don't believe most of them do.
Most French have lightened up but the attitude towards American and our "simple minds" still exists. We are lesser than them.... Until the $hit hits the fan and their ambassador is calling ours.
Talked with plenty of French and the arrogance in their speech is blaring.

Reactions: AM64
Do more Europeans "look down on Americans" than vice versa?

I've never been there but I don't believe most of them do.

I’ve never been there but have talked with several on different platforms . You can also see videos on YouTube of on the street Q&A’s from different countries asking what they think of Americans and America . It’s interesting to watch . I don’t know which looks down on the other more in numbers , I’ve just never understood why we have this need for other countries to like us . I’ve also never understood the need for us to be “ the worlds leader or the worlds police “ . We are different than any other country , instead of apologies for being different we should embrace it more .

Most French have lightened up but the attitude towards American and our "simple minds" still exists. We are lesser than them.... Until the $hit hits the fan and their ambassador is calling ours.

Meh...the French look down on everybody pretty equally.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I cannot wait until Trump’s face is added to our currency, just to watch democrats burn their own money.
What's the value of this imaginary currency?

614R0FLc-oL._SX425_.jpg

Ditto on both counts. In principle I could relocate my business to anywhere in the 48 states but my wife is rooted too deep here in the Houston area. What’s more, she considers anyplace north of here the wrong direction climate wise. She is from Belarus and really hates the cold. Just the other day she remarked “It’s colder right now in Minsk than in Alaska!”. What’s a man to do?

I read a thing one time that goes something like

"a man marries a woman expecting her not to change ... she does.
a woman marries a man expecting him to change ... he doesn't"

I really liked the girl I married almost 50 years ago, and I really wish she was my wife.

I read a thing one time that goes something like

"a man marries a woman expecting her not to change ... she does.
a woman marries a man expecting him to change ... he doesn't"

I really liked the girl I married almost 50 years ago, and I really wish she was my wife.
I hear you brother.

Brings to mind a line from a Zappa song, not necessarily applicable to your situation, or mine, but it goes something like this:

"What a sweet little hunk of heaven SHE turned out to be..."

Reactions: AM64

More so towards Americans than English or Italians? Maybe you just notice it more.

VN Store

Back