Ammo Company Refusing to Sell to Biden Voters

It not necessarily just the shoes .... it’s the shoes WITH the with skinny pants .... like chuck taylors .... the ultra boosts were probably ok..... chuck taylors will get you an ass whipping in some places

Judging someone based on their shoes sounds like some seriously "Q*eer Eye for the Straight Guy" sh*t.

I was infuriated when I was Xmas shopping for my dad this past December. Was looking for a nice Kimber or Sig 1911 at three different stores.

1. Shoot Point Blank - spent about 15 minutes browsing in the store. Others were also shopping, but not busy, and there were available sales associates. No one said a word to me. I walked up to a counter in front of an idle associate stood there for a few seconds expecting to at least get a greeting. Nothing. I decided to leave because it didn't look like they had anything I wanted after browsing for 15 mins, and it frustrated me that I was deliberately ignored.

2. Buds Gun Shop - almost identical scenario except I was ignored by two different reps. By no means am I a regular, but I have purchased a few pistols and lots of ammo from them in the past. Again, nothing I wanted, so I left without being acknowledged by probably a dozen employees. The people at the front desk were also sure to ignore me when I entered and exited.

3. Smoky Mountain Knifeworks - you guessed it, identical scenario. No acknowledgement whatsoever from any of the areas. Lo and behold, they have a gorgeous Kimber Raptor II - absolutely perfect for my dad. I'm a little happier now, and I decide to try my luck one more time in getting acknowledged. Stood in front of a dingus for several seconds, even looking him in the face, and he chose to ignore me. I finally said, "hey, can I buy this Kimber 1911 please?" and unsurprisingly he showed a lot of life all the sudden.

Now I believe I know why this happened, and since it happened at 3 different places, I can't help but complain. If you saw me walking down the street, you would more than likely peg me as a liberal/Democrat. I wear slim fit jeans (not skinny, just regular slim fit), RayBan glasses, usually have a flatbill UT or Titans hat, and I was definitely in my plain non-flashy Adidas hoodie on all 3 occasions. In all reality, my attire is fairly plain, but I believe the combination of glasses, flat bill, and slim jeans led over 20 associates to assume I'm a liberal and not worth their time. I told my dad the same story without including my theory, and he said "they probably thought you were a democrat."

I'm all for private businesses doing their own thing, but holy f***, that was probably one of my most angry moments of 2020. Even if I'm wrong about their motives/intentions (which I doubt haha, see this thread as an example), still pisses me off that was deliberately ignored when I was trying to spend a decent amount of money for an Xmas present for my dad.
Sounds to me like you’re not an assertive person and a little paranoid to be honest. But I’ve never known anyone to respect someone who wears flat bill caps, so maybe there’s that

Sounds to me like you’re not an assertive person and a little paranoid to be honest. But I’ve never known anyone to respect someone who wears flat bill caps, so maybe there’s that
I'm going to pull the expertise card and say I know incompetence when I see it in a retail setting. When I get better service from the kids working at Taco Bell than full-grown adult businessmen in three separate establishments, I can't help but draw some conclusions. My story is especially relevant to the thread topic, and the topic reinforces my theory.

The bad customer service is just one part of the problem, and it's the smaller part. Of course I wouldn't expect someone like you to hold these guys accountable for their blatant profiling. They're free to do whatever they want, but if anyone needs to be assertive, they should be the ones to sack up and say "I'm not selling to you. Have a good day." instead of standing there like idiots going out of their way to ignore me.

Could I have initiated conversation? Sure, but why should I? Like I said, I was shopping around. I didn't have an exact item in mind, so it was a rare occasion for me to actually need assistance/advice. If I'm wanting to be helped, and the associate is clearly standing there doing his best to not make any kind of contact with me, do you think I feel compelled to ask this guy to help me pick out a gun for my dad? I worked retail for probably 15 years of my life between 4 companies, and in no way, shape, or form were those employees' actions in line with any semblance of customer service, let alone even offering the chance to take my money. If you're trying to excuse their actions in any capacity whatsoever, you are clearly too unqualified and too inexperienced to comment on conduct in a retail environment.

Lastly, where are you trying to go with your last comment? Just a shot on me? Excusing the poor service? I don't get it. Deliberately choosing to show someone no respect based on something as trivial as clothing, let alone the curvature of a bill of a hat, just does not compute with me. Are all gun guys this passive aggressive? I vote pro-2A and I'm trying to buy a nice gun. These guys robbed themselves of a nice sale from a customer who is fully in line with their political beliefs on gun rights because they look at me and most likely assume I'm a Biden loving liberal.

I'm going to pull the expertise card and say I know incompetence when I see it in a retail setting. When I get better service from the kids working at Taco Bell than full-grown adult businessmen in three separate establishments, I can't help but draw some conclusions. My story is especially relevant to the thread topic, and the topic reinforces my theory.

The bad customer service is just one part of the problem, and it's the smaller part. Of course I wouldn't expect someone like you to hold these guys accountable for their blatant profiling. They're free to do whatever they want, but if anyone needs to be assertive, they should be the ones to sack up and say "I'm not selling to you. Have a good day." instead of standing there like idiots going out of their way to ignore me.

Could I have initiated conversation? Sure, but why should I? Like I said, I was shopping around. I didn't have an exact item in mind, so it was a rare occasion for me to actually need assistance/advice. If I'm wanting to be helped, and the associate is clearly standing there doing his best to not make any kind of contact with me, do you think I feel compelled to ask this guy to help me pick out a gun for my dad? I worked retail for probably 15 years of my life between 4 companies, and in no way, shape, or form were those employees' actions in line with any semblance of customer service, let alone even offering the chance to take my money. If you're trying to excuse their actions in any capacity whatsoever, you are clearly too unqualified and too inexperienced to comment on conduct in a retail environment.

Lastly, where are you trying to go with your last comment? Just a shot on me? Excusing the poor service? I don't get it. Deliberately choosing to show someone no respect based on something as trivial as clothing, let alone the curvature of a bill of a hat, just does not compute with me. Are all gun guys this passive aggressive? I vote pro-2A and I'm trying to buy a nice gun. These guys robbed themselves of a nice sale from a customer who is fully in line with their political beliefs on gun rights because they look at me and most likely assume I'm a Biden loving liberal.
Man relax, it wasn’t a shot at you, just saying that maybe you are just a super sensitive person whereas most men would just say “hey can you show me that gun, I’m really interested in it”. Maybe they thought you looked young and didn’t have any $. Maybe they were just busy and not paying attention to you. Maybe they are used to people speaking up and not being meek and quiet.

3. Smoky Mountain Knifeworks - you guessed it, identical scenario. No acknowledgement whatsoever from any of the areas. Lo and behold, they have a gorgeous Kimber Raptor II - absolutely perfect for my dad. I'm a little happier now, and I decide to try my luck one more time in getting acknowledged. Stood in front of a dingus for several seconds, even looking him in the face, and he chose to ignore me. I finally said, "hey, can I buy this Kimber 1911 please?" and unsurprisingly he showed a lot of life all the sudden.

Now I believe I know why this happened, and since it happened at 3 different places, I can't help but complain. If you saw me walking down the street, you would more than likely peg me as a liberal/Democrat. I wear slim fit jeans (not skinny, just regular slim fit), RayBan glasses, usually have a flatbill UT or Titans hat, and I was definitely in my plain non-flashy Adidas hoodie on all 3 occasions. In all reality, my attire is fairly plain, but I believe the combination of glasses, flat bill, and slim jeans led over 20 associates to assume I'm a liberal and not worth their time. I told my dad the same story without including my theory, and he said "they probably thought you were a democrat."

I'm all for private businesses doing their own thing, but holy f***, that was probably one of my most angry moments of 2020. Even if I'm wrong about their motives/intentions (which I doubt haha, see this thread as an example), still pisses me off that was deliberately ignored when I was trying to spend a decent amount of money for an Xmas present for my dad.

That's always normal there. Most of them don't know much about guns either, or the ones I seem to get don't. Ask a guy for .44-40 ammo once and got handed a box of .44 magnum, I thought he was joking and handed it back to him and laughed and said no .44-40. He just give me a hateful look and said we don't mix box's of ammo.

I thought Biden voters’ weapon of choice was a skateboard. Don’t think those things take ammo.

No, but the carrier sure does.

Reactions: Jxn Vol
No, but the carrier sure does.
Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

VN Store

Back