Android

I'm just really looking forward to what Jellybean will bring to the table, since Google has hinted that Jellybean may contain some "game-changing stuff" that was originally left out of Ice Cream Sandwich. I'm particularly interested in project Majel (will be re-branded as Google Assistant, I think), the overhaul of Google Voice Actions.

S3 looks like it will be released June 21. Preorders for Verizon start Wednesday

also looks like if you're on Verizon they will let you keep unlimited data if you preorder. Interesting

preordered this morning and was able to keep the unlimited data on my plan. Just a little confused since the ship date said 7/9 but hope that changes

also, on Verizon, I just tried to pre order it (I have a discount for an upgrade), but nowhere in the process did it show that the phone was cheaper than $200 (the normal price for the 16gb). Tomorrow I might go by a store and ask them. Any ideas?

Ordered my S3 today on ATT and it will be here on 6/21 :) I did have to add a line because I was well outside my upgrade window because I got in on the SGII late

also, on Verizon, I just tried to pre order it (I have a discount for an upgrade), but nowhere in the process did it show that the phone was cheaper than $200 (the normal price for the 16gb). Tomorrow I might go by a store and ask them. Any ideas?

Verizon now has a $30 upgrade fee and the new-every-2 savings just happens equal $30 (at least that's what mine showed). Looks like all the discount does is negate the new fee

Ordered my S3 today on ATT and it will be here on 6/21 :)

I really hope they're just flubbing the number to be safe

Seems likely the Verizon version may slip into July. That's what I'm seeing on a lot of sites.

Pretty sure I'll be getting the S3 or the EVO beginning of July. I'll decide after using the S3 for a bit.

Verizon now has a $30 upgrade fee and the new-every-2 savings just happens equal $30 (at least that's what mine showed). Looks like all the discount does is negate the new fee

You've got to be kidding me... The last time I upgraded (2 years ago to the Droid), I got $100 off. Now it just negates a $30 fee which doesn't make sense in the first place since I'm extending the contract by two years? That's crazy... but thanks, I couldn't figure it out

that's all I could figure out. Here's what my order looked like

Attachments

• upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 1 person
yeah the upgrade thing pisses me off too. Thing is I saved it for a while before they put in the new $30 fee. Stupid me

They'll bend you over and you'll like it.

Being off contract is awesome, paying full price for phones is worth it.

They'll bend you over and you'll like it.

Being off contract is awesome, paying full price for phones is worth it.

Yea paying $600 for a phone is better than $236. Lol. There's always been an upgrade fee it just use to be like $18. Sometimes they waive it if you're a premier customer.

Yea paying $600 for a phone is better than $236. Lol. There's always been an upgrade fee it just use to be like $18. Sometimes they waive it if you're a premier customer.

Or I can keep paying about $50/month for unlimited everything from my old work plan and have the sway of not being on contract... They will bend over backwards for you if you're month to month.

So, yes, not being on contract > being on contract

Paying full price for phones is a small price in the long run.

Reactions: 1 person
Or I can keep paying about $50/month for unlimited everything from my old work plan and have the sway of not being on contract... They will bend over backwards for you if you're month to month.

So, yes, not being on contract > being on contract

Paying full price for phones is a small price in the long run.

When you upgrade nothing changes unless you want it to. Of course you can change your plan at any time there's just no going back to an old plan once you do. I have 4 lines on my account with 3 iPhones & pay less than $200 a month. Unlimited text & mobile to mobile. 2 unlimited plans & two 2gb plans. If anything they bend over backwards to take care of me. My son accidentally ran up a data charge of over $150 on a non smartphone & they called me to let me know & just wiped that off & added a $10 unlimited plan.

I need to bring that to their attention then, because I am a premier customer and I still paid the 36 or 39 upgrade fee the other day.

I need to bring that to their attention then, because I am a premier customer and I still paid the 36 or 39 upgrade fee the other day.

It never applied to the iPhone but I've had it done a couple times before. My data plans get knocked down too. Pay $20 for 2gb on 2 iPhones & $24 on my unlimited.

I get all the other discounts, just never got an upgrade fee waived, but I will definitely bring it to their attention

Cant Wait

pebble-blue-samsung-galaxy-s-iii.jpg

VN Store

Back