Another player leaving?

I don't care how cool a guy is. Can he play or not? All reports on Chris Donald seem to imply that he can't.

Right, because my point was that this couldn't be true b/c he's cool. I've met the guy, and for what it's worth he did not come across as a prima donna. Also, there is a difference between someone not being able to play and someone not being able to start (see Matt Cassel). It may be that the guys ahead of him are just doing a better job.

On Basillo's website, it was mentioned that another player might soon be leaving. It didn't come right out and say who, but it did offer the clue that is was a highly rated player that hasn't panned out thus far.

It doesn't mean the rumor is right, but when I read it I immediately thought of Donald.
Well now... painting with an awfully wide brush, aren't they?

I'm pretty sure he's 2nd to McCoy unless something has changed. Not MLB, but WLB.

And all of you who are seeing this as true before there is solid evidence, or even a link to where it says anything about it(true or not), you are crazy.

The coaches didn't put him 3rd on the depth chart if they thought he should really be 1st. He's probably 3rd because there are two guys at that position playing better than he.

He needs to work harder and earn a better slot or find another home where he will be good enough to play. Maybe the demands of SEC football exceed his ability to compete.

If this is true, it means you can at least send a little gift basket of credit to Fulmer and Chavis because if Monte Kiffin has questions about this kid, then the previous regime at least had a tiny inkling of a clue that he was charted for Bustville.

What? Fulmer and Chavis were so soft on this team that Donald stuck around and used up a valuable scholarship spot for three years. What about that fact is deserving of a "little gift basket"?

What? Fulmer and Chavis were so soft on this team that Donald stuck around and used up a valuable scholarship spot for three years. What about that fact is deserving of a "little gift basket"?

Yeah, I have no idea what that guy is talking about either. If he does turn out to be a complete bust we should be blaming them for their lack of scouting ability.

Right, because my point was that this couldn't be true b/c he's cool. I've met the guy, and for what it's worth he did not come across as a prima donna. Also, there is a difference between someone not being able to play and someone not being able to start (see Matt Cassel). It may be that the guys ahead of him are just doing a better job.

I don't care if he's a prima donna or not. Can he play or not? Third string after a few years on the team? That's a no. He hasn't been able to sniff playing time under two different coaching regimes, and now he's throwing in the towel and admitting that he doesn't think he can cut it here. Thanks for freeing up the scholarship.

On Basillo's website, it was mentioned that another player might soon be leaving. It didn't come right out and say who, but it did offer the clue that is was a highly rated player that hasn't panned out thus far.

It doesn't mean the rumor is right, but when I read it I immediately thought of Donald.

oh...i thought of crompton.

I'm pretty sure he's 2nd to McCoy unless something has changed. Not MLB, but WLB.

And all of you who are seeing this as true before there is solid evidence, or even a link to where it says anything about it(true or not), you are crazy.

That's what I've heard as well. I thought he was the #2 behind McCoy at SLB. I can't find one single thing where it says he has been playing MLB at all. This rumor may end up being true, but the facts seem to be wrong up to this point...

If it is true (big if) than it is another arrogant punk on his way out.
I say "Do not allow the door to contact your buttocks upon exit!" :)
If untrue, I take it back.

I thought of Gerald Williams, BJ Coleman, Ahmad Paige, Andre Mathis, Rae Sykes, Darris Sawtelle, and Brandon Warren...

True, it could be a lot of different players if the story has any legs, but Chris Donald is probably the most highly rated player on the team right now that has not played. He was the #1 player in the state that year, the #1 ILB in the country, #18 overall player in the rivals 100 with a 5 star 6.1 rating. Definitely a disappointment going into his 3rd season.

True, it could be a lot of different players if the story has any legs, but Chris Donald is probably the most highly rated player on the team right now that has not played. He was the #1 player in the state that year, the #1 ILB in the country, #18 overall player in the rivals 100 with a 5 star 6.1 rating. Definitely a disappointment going into his 3rd season.

Brandon Warren was the #1 rated player in the state that year, the #1 TE (#2 WDE) in the country, #24 overall player in the Rivals 100 with a 5 star 6.1 rating, and a freshmen All-American at Florida St. He also brought a ton of expectations with him from FSU. He couldn't fit in the offense last year, hasn't done much this Spring except have his # taken, and has already thought seriously about quitting. I'm sure he isn't thrilled with being the #4 or #5 WR at this point either...

Brandon Warren was the #1 rated player in the state that year, the #1 TE (#2 WDE) in the country, #24 overall player in the Rivals 100 with a 5 star 6.1 rating, and a freshmen All-American at Florida St. He also brought a ton of expectations with him from FSU. He couldn't fit in the offense last year, hasn't done much this Spring except have his # taken, and has already thought seriously about quitting. I'm sure he isn't thrilled with being the #4 or #5 WR at this point either...

Warren and Donald were different years.

It was stated on the radio this morning that Warren has gotten his number back so I think things seem to be going in the right direction for him at the moment.

VN Store

Back