Another player leaving?

Rumor is Chris Donald is not happy at all about being 3rd on the depth chart at MLB and he is considering transferring after the O&W game for lack of playing time.

He feels like he should be starting because of how highly rated he was coming out of H.S.

Funny that you posted this 20 minutes before Basilio came on the air today. He was hinting that Volfan_X had told him that the next defection would be from a very highly regarded recruit that hasn't really panned out(he didn't want to name names). Chris Donald was the first person that came to mind.

I am encouraged by the number of guys that are leavng the team. I think it shows the intensity and discipline that the new staff is instilling. They are changing the culture of the team for sure. The ones that are leaving are the ones who can't cut it. How many reports have you heard of kids getting into off the field problems since the new regime has taken over? Who is going to win the Fulmer Cup this year now that Fulmer is not around? Like Lane said before, it doesn't matter how many stars you had before.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm surprised he would want to leave. Monty's probably the best DC in college football, if he can't get you ready to play in the pro's no one can. I think he's making a big mistake if he leaves.

I think he stays. His ego's bruised being at the bottom of the depth chart. He's still a young guy with time to improve. If we are calling him a bust already, what does that make Crompton? :twocents:

a friend of mind who is best buds with Rod Wilks says Rod is giving some thought to transferring . He wants to be a WR ( his high school position ) and instead is looking at being a backup safety .

I can confirm the friendship ...but have no way of confirming exactly what was said . So take it for what its worth .

a friend of mind who is best buds with Rod Wilks says Rod is giving some thought to transferring . He wants to be a WR ( his high school position ) and instead is looking at being a backup safety .

I can confirm the friendship ...but have no way of confirming exactly what was said . So take it for what its worth .

If Rod Wilks transferred, this board would meltdown...

I heard a story that when Saban got to Alabama he immediately went into the weight room and had every TV taken out and had a puke can placed next to every weight station. True or not, this seems like the same mentality Kiffin is instituting and that is why we are seeing so many defections. If results are the standard, it's hard to argue with that kind of hard nose approach.

Vacation is over, boys. It's time to play and earn those scholarships and draft picks. Seniority and talent alone isn't going to cut it anymore.

Yeah, I have no idea what that guy is talking about either. If he does turn out to be a complete bust we should be blaming them for their lack of scouting ability.

Please. I wasn't talking about giving the Fulmer crew a free ride for their ineptitude, I was stating that they obviously recruited him based on his raw talent (tons of coaches/recruiting coordinators do this) and he hasn't panned out. Whether it's a scheme thing or a between-the-ears thing, it didn't get him in the lineup in the old crew and it doesn't look like it's getting him PT in the new regime, either.

I would go out on a limb here and say that even a couple of the guys that Monte Kiffin will recruit while he's here won't pan out either.

So yeah, before we write a bonus check to Phil and company, that wasn't my point. My point is that if Monte Kiffin can't process the raw talent into a complete player then not many could.

The quote said that 8 players in total are supposed to leave. I know Creer, Morley and Langley left but who are the other 5?

Kiffin needs to clean house with all these disgruntled, attitude problems. Good riddance!

It is not Chris Donald. It is Ahmad Paige.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That would not be a huge surprise. I thought he would emerge this year and a key player, but his name has not been mentioned very much lately, except when he hit the wall in the practice. This would lead me to believe he is probably not going to see much PT this year. Chris Donald is the first person I thought of, but Paige would make sense as well.

I heard a story that when Saban got to Alabama he immediately went into the weight room and had every TV taken out and had a puke can placed next to every weight station. True or not, this seems like the same mentality Kiffin is instituting and that is why we are seeing so many defections. If results are the standard, it's hard to argue with that kind of hard nose approach.

Vacation is over, boys. It's time to play and earn those scholarships and draft picks. Seniority and talent alone isn't going to cut it anymore.

True story about Saban. I hope I can post on here without getting bashed about being a Bama fan.:peace:

Some players just can't handle the truth about themselves, when a new staff is in place. But, with the amount of $$ these coaches make and the high expectations from power-house schools, coaches have no choice but to be successful. Or, they'll end up without a job real soon.

I can't remember the exact attrition # during Saban's 1st year, but it was definitly necessary. Sounds like Kiffin and Co. are doing a little necessary house-cleaning. It's not a bad thing, makes room for better competition.

True story about Saban. I hope I can post on here without getting bashed about being a Bama fan.:peace:

Some players just can't handle the truth about themselves, when a new staff is in place. But, with the amount of $$ these coaches make and the high expectations from power-house schools, coaches have no choice but to be successful. Or, they'll end up without a job real soon.

I can't remember the exact attrition # during Saban's 1st year, but it was definitly necessary. Sounds like Kiffin and Co. are doing a little necessary house-cleaning. It's not a bad thing, makes room for better competition.

We wouldn't have even known you were a Bama fan if you hadn't told us. :) Actually, that was a good post and I agree with you. Welcome to the board.

I can't remember the exact attrition # during Saban's 1st year, but it was definitly necessary.

It was quite a few.

I hate Alabama but Saban is a hell of a coach.

I read a quote about his practices while he was at LSU about how games were rewards for busting your ass all week.

VN Store

Back