Another UGA player arrested

Toxicity can't stay down forever. UGA will end up like UF post Meyer when it's all said and done.
🤣😂🤣 Do you guys honestly think this?

It honestly seems like you’re grasping at straws to find any reason that Kirby isn’t a good coach. I would say that 99% of CFB regards Kirby as at least one of the top coaches. Why are you right?

I mean seriously, what is it that makes Kirby such a bad coach?

It honestly seems like you’re grasping at straws to find any reason that Kirby isn’t a good coach. I would say that 99% of CFB regards Kirby as at least one of the top coaches. Why are you right?

What's up with this? Is this accurate? How is that even possible?

What's up with this? Is this accurate? How is that even possible?

Yeah, during that period UGA has sent many players to the NFL before they graduated. I don’t know exact statistics, but that likely has something to do with it. Although, maybe there is something to this, I’m honestly not sure. Seems likely that the nfl is much to blame though

Yeah, during that period UGA has sent many players to the NFL before they graduated. I don’t know exact statistics, but that likely has something to do with it. Although, maybe there is something to this, I’m honestly not sure. Seems likely that the nfl is much to blame though
I'm not sure. Pretty sure no one has put more players in the League than Bama and they are sitting at 93% so I'm not sure if they take that into account or not.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
I'm not sure. Pretty sure no one has put more players in the League than Bama and they are sitting at 93% so I'm not sure if they take that into account or not.
Good point and good rebuttal, I’m not really sure. Stats certainly don’t lie, although they can be used to represent most sides of any argument.

Having said that, you make a good point. I’m honestly not sure, but I will admit that 41% doesn’t look very good! I’ll have to give you the win on this one for now at least. Your argument seems logical and my argument is hypothetical at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
wtf is going on in Athens????
Athens has a robust tourist economy. The parks and trails of Athens are so nice and mostly free! Take a bike ride on the greenbelt or Firefly trail. Park at Dudley Park and go to Mama's Boy for food after. Sandy Creek Nature Center has some pleasant trails and a nice facility to visit...ad nauseum.

I guess the players get bored.

This is ridiculous. I guess this is going to be the new norm with the players having NIL money to get fast cars. UGA players seem to be setting the bar. Obviously having a player and employee killed has not come close to fixing the situation. Kirby talks a good game but if he really cared about his players he could stop it. Start make players who get tickets sit out games and it would fix 90% of the problems.

This is ridiculous. I guess this is going to be the new norm with the players having NIL money to get fast cars. UGA players seem to be setting the bar. Obviously having a player and employee killed has not come close to fixing the situation. Kirby talks a good game but if he really cared about his players he could stop it. Start make players who get tickets sit out games and it would fix 90% of the problems.
I’d like everyone to stop and think about the JOB of a coach. It’s to win games. Yes, its a nice thought that they are supposed to develop these “student” athletes into fine, upstanding young men, but every coach who loses sight of the goal of winning football games at the expense of these ancillary goals has gotten fired.

Kirby and every single other P4 coach is trying to win. Rarely, and I mean rarely, have we ever seen a coach intentionally reduce his chances of winning a game. And kudos to those who have taken a hard stance. If you remember just a couple years ago, Kirby suspended Adam Anderson for his allegations.

Yes this is a terrible look, details are unclear at this time, but we’d all benefit from taking a step back, not trying to crap on everyone, and realize that these are human beings who are not perfect, just like you and I.

As a UGA fan, I hate this. For the kid, for the player, for the baby momma involved. The games literally can get started soon enough so that these players have to only focus on games and practices and don’t have time to get tangled up in anything else.

His visor

I’d like everyone to stop and think about the JOB of a coach. It’s to win games. Yes, its a nice thought that they are supposed to develop these “student” athletes into fine, upstanding young men, but every coach who loses sight of the goal of winning football games at the expense of these ancillary goals has gotten fired.

Kirby and every single other P4 coach is trying to win. Rarely, and I mean rarely, have we ever seen a coach intentionally reduce his chances of winning a game. And kudos to those who have taken a hard stance. If you remember just a couple years ago, Kirby suspended Adam Anderson for his allegations.

Yes this is a terrible look, details are unclear at this time, but we’d all benefit from taking a step back, not trying to crap on everyone, and realize that these are human beings who are not perfect, just like you and I.

As a UGA fan, I hate this. For the kid, for the player, for the baby momma involved. The games literally can get started soon enough so that these players have to only focus on games and practices and don’t have time to get tangled up in anything else.
Nothing you said changes how I feel. UGA has had 2 people die from driving fast. Kirby talks a good game but does nothing about it. If someone else does what he going to say.

Reactions: VolsSince78

It's not a binary option between winning games or maintaining a standard of behavior which includes obeying the laws of Georgia. These aren't incidents of questionable behavior while out on the town, they are violent felonies against women and children and blatantly reckless actions that have resulted in a fatality.

Apparently the willingness to overlook things as trivial as obeying the law and not killing people isn't contained to just the football staff and university. Your comment indicates the fan base shares that.

Win at any cost

Bama does too and they’re at 93. OSU also and they’re at 87. 41% is abysmal if that’s accurate, which I question.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
Glad there was already a thread on this… my$.02: Georgia has overtaken now both FSU (under Jimbo) and UF (under Urban).

If chatting with UGA fans, I plan to simply ask if they prefer I refer to their coach as either “Jimbo Smart” or “Kirby Meyer.” There’s truth in either….

It’s actually pretty ridiculous looking at stories coming out in past week (to include covering up lots of speeding tickets) especially when coupled with Jimbo Smart’s comments at SEC Media Day last week (they are being punished through NIL witholdings!). I do hope the starters they have being let off from driving recklessly (some in upper 90s and 100s) actually get some real jail time so they won’t kill anyone on the roads simply going to the store, taking their family on vacation, or even just walking across the street.

I do dislike aggressive drivers… almost as much as I hate paying lots for my/kids car insurance based on these folks being on the road while we’re driving. It goes beyond a “bad look” for UGa…. the program is becoming the Crimidogs of this decade.

Bama does too and they’re at 93. OSU also and they’re at 87. 41% is abysmal if that’s accurate, which I question.
Read more in the thread. I wasn’t aware of this or why, but yes it’s abysmal as you say. Thank goodness we are creating NFL players! Seriously though, that needs to change.

Read more in the thread. I wasn’t aware of this or why, but yes it’s abysmal as you say. Thank goodness we are creating NFL players! Seriously though, that needs to change.
How many arrest has the UGA football team had in the past year? Serious question.

VN Store

Back