Any other precious metals stackers on VN?

Well lets hope that we never find out. I am not saying we are on the precipice of Mad Max, i do think we are soon to face hyper inflation and a monetary reset. Gold and silver have been considered money for thousands of years. I doubt that will change any time soon. If you consider the fact that countries, corporations and the ultra wealthy have been loading up on PMs of late then there must be something to it.

Also with the emphasis on green energy and electric vehicles coming up silver demand is guaranteed to increase exponentially in the coming years.

Why silver? I thought it was primary nickel and manganese that went into the batteries for electric vehicles.

Regarding stock values,,, can you really defend airline stocks being where they are? Gamestop? Restaurant companies? Tesla? AMC? The current stock market pays little attention to actual business performance or production. It is instead simply a place to dump dollars that the Fed is brrrrrring from their digital printing presses. It is a government funded ponzi scheme that will end up killing our economic system.

Stock prices normalize on expected FUTURE earnings. GameStop is an anomaly. The others are viable businesses with earnings most likely eventually coming in. People are going to continue to eat and should return to restaurants (which have adapted nicely with take out) and jump start the long term trend. People will book plane tickets. Tesla is not simply a car company (Amazon didn’t remain as simply an online bookstore). AMC will be interesting. There is tremendous pent up demand. Going out to movies is a national pastime. Will it return to the pre-pandemic level of popularity? Were theatre equities diluted so much just to stay in business that investors now have major hurdles to overcome to ever have decent returns?

Stock prices normalize on expected FUTURE earnings. GameStop is an anomaly. The others are viable businesses with earnings most likely eventually coming in. People are going to continue to eat and should return to restaurants (which have adapted nicely with take out) and jump start the long term trend. People will book plane tickets. Tesla is not simply a car company (Amazon didn’t remain as simply an online bookstore). AMC will be interesting. There is tremendous pent up demand. Going out to movies is a national pastime. Will it return to the pre-pandemic level of popularity? Were theatre equities diluted so much just to stay in business that investors now have major hurdles to overcome to ever have decent returns?
If it wasn't for FED money printing, this entire economy would be dead. I think that is the point. There isn't genuine economic growth out here.

Posting this in politics because I ask the question with the background of this nation's economic, social and political situation as my motivation as a stacker.

I am NOT upper income. Just a very basic middle income guy trying to protect my family's economic future by investing in PMs. I cannot see a pathway that will allow the dollar to survive much longer. Our debt load combined with the almost non existent industrial production base have our economy on a trajectory toward failure. The stock market has become a joke. It has become nothing more than a money laundering agent for the Fed. Companies that produce nothing, companies with no viable pathway to profitability and companies that are nothing but names on the market board and nothing else are seeing valuatiins soar simply because the dollars being created by the Fed have nowhere to go. It is repulsive watching the willful destruction of our economic and industrial systems.

So back to the question, , any stackers out there?

Two years ago I bought about 140 ounces of physical silver, average around $16 an ounce. Sold all but 20 ounces at $27 last year.

Still have the 20 ounces.

Also I go in and out of SLV and IAU etf. Usually buy on 2 day downswing and get out if 5 % return .

But why silver? What am I not considering?

Silver is the most conductive and reflective metal. Silver is used in solar panel production, modern battery production, cell phones, computers, weapons and electric cars. For example modern electric and hybrid cars have over 5 ounces of silver in them. Unlike gold, silver is often consumed and not reclaimed after use. In total about 55 million ounces of silver is consumed by the auto industry at present. Every year going forward there will be more consumed each year. The military uses about 20 lbs of silver in each medium and large missile.

Silver is the most conductive and reflective metal. Silver is used in solar panel production, modern battery production, cell phones, computers, weapons and electric cars. For example modern electric and hybrid cars have over 5 ounces of silver in them. Unlike gold, silver is often consumed and not reclaimed after use. In total about 55 million ounces of silver is consumed by the auto industry at present. Every year going forward there will be more consumed each year. The military uses about 20 lbs of silver in each medium and large missile.

thank you

All of my money goes into real estate.

I keep 6 months of income in a savings account with a private bank that offers 4 percent interest but outside of that everything else I have goes into property or land. I have zero stocks.

I also think this is the case. The COMEX is being bled dry and at the same time they are manipulating the prices of silver and gold via paper shorts. It allows them to take physical delivery at lower prices. The small guys and the mints cant lay hands on hardly any for bullion production and the short supply has driven premiums up.

Not sure what will be the tripwire but the manipulation game will eventually fall apart. The current industrial demand will drive silver prices up. Could be tomorrow. Could be years from now. Personally I am not one of the folks who want it to blow up and PMs go crazy high. If that actually happens we will have other problems that may make things unpleasant.

The current economic trajectory cannot be sustained. The market is ridiculous now and is one swan away from a complete mess. Having physical possession of PMs is at least a hedge against part of the damage the market and dollar collapse will produce.

Congressman Mooney Introduces Bill to End Federal Taxes on Gold and Silver

"My view, which is backed up by language in the U.S. Constitution, is that gold and silver coins are money and are legal tender," Rep. Mooney said.

"If they're indeed U.S. money, it seems there should be no taxes on them at all. So, why are we taxing these coins as collectibles?"

Acting unilaterally, Internal Revenue Service bureaucrats have placed gold and silver in the same "collectibles" category as artwork, Beanie Babies, and baseball cards - a classification that subjects the monetary metals to a discriminatorily high long-term capital gains tax rate of 28%.

I don't stack PMs as a money making investment. I do so as a hedge against the prospect of almost certain future inflation (probably hyper inflation) and possible protection against the collapse of the dollar. That said I have gold that was purchased at $700 and much of my silver was purchased below $20.

If anyone would've purchased Rhodium one year ago they would be a very, very rich person.

RHODIUM | 2012-2021 Data | 2022-2023 Forecast | Price | Quote | Chart | Historical

Last edited:
Basal III - implications for gold and silver prices

“Currently, banks are able to classify gold as a Tier III asset, the riskiest asset class. However, following the implementation of Basel III rules, gold allocation must be moved to a Tier I asset.”

“The new rules will require a provable 1:1 ratio of fully allocated gold reserves, with no counterparty risk. Under Basel III rules, every central bank will be able to revalue its physical reserves higher, from a current 50% haircut into a fully cash exchangeable asset.

Andrew Maguire believes that central banks will be able to pay off massive swathes of debt by revaluing gold. According to the precious metals expert, gold would not only act as a cash asset, but would also behove central banks to revalue the dollar price of gold.

Andrew Maguire believes Basel III rules will lead to a sanctioned gold reevaluation, while ultimately driving a more physical market.”

Yes, this is all about gold but the outcome will have a dramatic impact on the price of silver also.

Uhh ohh.... :eek:

Tennessee Will Explore The Possibility Of A State Gold Depository | ZeroHedge

Tennessee could follow the lead of Texas.

In the summer of 2015, Gov. Greg Abbot signed a law creating a state gold bullion and precious metal depository. The depository received its first deposits in the summer of 2018. The following year, the state exempted precious metals in these depositories from taxation.

A state gold repository creates a path toward financial independence for a state. Countries around the world have been buying gold to limit their dependence on the US dollar. For instance, last spring Poland announced plans to add another 100 tons of gold to its reserves.

Reactions: agVOL90
I think we are beyond the tipping point in regards to the collapse of what we know as the dollar today. There will be a digital currency created by the US Government (or an international cabal ) which will be independent of the current dollar. With it they will be able to inflate or deflate the "new dollar or whatever it will be called " with a keystroke. Every transaction someone makes will be visible to the government.

As this abomination becomes known and apparent the demand for physical gold and silver will skyrocket. It will become completely unobtainable. Heck it is hard enough to get now.

Facing Inflation Threat, German Investors Loading Up On Gold | ZeroHedge
We have a long history of inflation fear in our DNA. Now the inflation risk is picking up. The outlook for precious metals is very positive.”

Given Germany’s experience with hyperinflation under the Weimar Republic, it comes as no surprise that Germans are wary of inflation.

German investors have an acute awareness of the wealth-eroding effects of financial instability. Hyper-inflation in the 1920s lingers on in the collective memory but, perhaps more importantly, German investors have seen fiat currencies come and go: in the past 100 years, Germany has had eight different currencies. It should come as no surprise that, when faced with such an unsettling economic backdrop, German investors turned to gold – which during our field research one investor described as an enduring currency – to protect their wealth.”

Why silver? I thought it was primary nickel and manganese that went into the batteries for electric vehicles.
Silver is used in electronics too, silver is very limited, in that it's not beimg mined much.

The problem with precious metals is that it has to increase enough to cover the purchasing and selling fees. The profit margin from buying and selling an ounce gold goes down alot after the fees. Countries that buy tons of metals arent worried about fees.

Uhh ohh.... :eek:

Tennessee Will Explore The Possibility Of A State Gold Depository | ZeroHedge

Tennessee could follow the lead of Texas.

In the summer of 2015, Gov. Greg Abbot signed a law creating a state gold bullion and precious metal depository. The depository received its first deposits in the summer of 2018. The following year, the state exempted precious metals in these depositories from taxation.

A state gold repository creates a path toward financial independence for a state. Countries around the world have been buying gold to limit their dependence on the US dollar. For instance, last spring Poland announced plans to add another 100 tons of gold to its reserves.

If all these gov are buying gold and silver, this will definitely cause PM to skyrocket.

Posting this in politics because I ask the question with the background of this nation's economic, social and political situation as my motivation as a stacker.

I am NOT upper income. Just a very basic middle income guy trying to protect my family's economic future by investing in PMs. I cannot see a pathway that will allow the dollar to survive much longer. Our debt load combined with the almost non existent industrial production base have our economy on a trajectory toward failure. The stock market has become a joke. It has become nothing more than a money laundering agent for the Fed. Companies that produce nothing, companies with no viable pathway to profitability and companies that are nothing but names on the market board and nothing else are seeing valuatiins soar simply because the dollars being created by the Fed have nowhere to go. It is repulsive watching the willful destruction of our economic and industrial systems.

So back to the question, , any stackers out there?

So I just found this tread because I typically avoid the Politics forums. I started buying silver back in 2016 at around $13 or $14 a coin, not counting spot. I wish I had bought more, but thinking about still buying more now. What are your thoughts about buying now? I have been using Kitco.com, do you know of a better site or way to buy PM?

Reactions: agVOL90
So I just found this tread because I typically avoid the Politics forums. I started buying silver back in 2016 at around $13 or $14 a coin, not counting spot. I wish I had bought more, but thinking about still buying more now. What are your thoughts about buying now? I have been using Kitco.com, do you know of a better site or way to buy PM?

Avoid taxes and shipping, use a cash back card to drop the price even more.

Reactions: AllVols

VN Store

Back