Any other precious metals stackers on VN?

In an apocalyptic world with social, economic, legal, and infrastructure utterly destroyed, what good will PM be? I'd rather an enclave with trusted friends, family, vicious dogs located in hard to reach places. A water supply (probably collected rain water), hydroponic gardens, small herds of goats and sheep, and military surplus equipment and arsenal. All prepared and stored ahead of time. PMs? Just hard for me to imagine lugging all that weight around.

In an apocalyptic world with social, economic, legal, and infrastructure utterly destroyed, what good will PM be? I'd rather an enclave with trusted friends, family, vicious dogs located in hard to reach places. A water supply (probably collected rain water), hydroponic gardens, small herds of goats and sheep, and military surplus equipment and arsenal. All prepared and stored ahead of time. PMs? Just hard for me to imagine lugging all that weight around.
It's not for an apoclyptic world. It's for after the transition on the other side. You personally may not benefit from it, but your descendants may. PMs are a store of wealth.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
It's not for an apoclyptic world. It's for after the transition on the other side. You personally may not benefit from it, but your descendants may. PMs are a store of wealth.
You have a point there. Except that personally, I believe by the time we are done self-imploding, there won't be any descents or much else. Personally again, I believe humans are self-destructive, and the process has been going on since w got here. Either Man upstairs going to put a stop to it, or we will do it ourselves.

In an apocalyptic world, or immediately after it, the only items of value will be food, water, medicine, shelter - and the means to protect them, or take them.

But at some point, in a post-apocalyptic world, people will begin to trade again. Gold & Silver have been used in that capacity for millennia.

In an apocalyptic world, or immediately after it, the only items of value will be food, water, medicine, shelter - and the means to protect them, or take them.

But at some point, in a post-apocalyptic world, people will begin to trade again. Gold & Silver have been used in that capacity for millennia.
I agree, except for one thing. After really looking at human behavior today, and the fact we're already militarizing robots, with AI looming ever more, and will be conjoined to these robots. Seeing how we are literally toxicizing the only planetary home we have. Knowing how self-destructive we are, stupidly so, I would add. There won't be a post apocalyptic world. Nope, doesn't hurt to prepare, as this is just my opinion on what I believe we're headed for. History is on my side. Stupid and murderous as Putin is, it won't be him, or even the overly ambitious Chinese, who kicks off the final ticks on the clock. It will be one of those fatalist religious, hate-fueled Islamic entities who get their hands on thermonuclear devices who will do it. Worse yet, America is allowing the hiring of gifted Chinese and Middle Eastern people into our high-tech sectors. Perfectly placed to sabotage them when military conflict with those groups finally breaks out. Forrest Gump's mother really was right.

VN Store

Back