Any scrimmage coverage tonight?

Nico to Davis is going to be a major problem. Anyone left in one on one with Ethan Davis is getting exposed!

That exact pass, is the touch to fit passes in different windows and levels of the field. Unreal potential on this team!
Wow. If he makes passes like that in actual game speed, we are looking at a very entertaining season 😀

Nico to Davis is going to be a major problem. Anyone left in one on one with Ethan Davis is getting exposed!

That exact pass, is the touch to fit passes in different windows and levels of the field. Unreal potential on this team!
Looked like 15, Edrees Farooq was beat on the play.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Regardless, that placement and touch were top tier. I think we will not be limited nearly as much in needing wide separation this year as we were in 2023.
Oh I’m not knocking it at all. I couldn’t tell what the coverage was. 15 may have been in a zone and sat right where he was supposed to. But I’d rather see a true freshman in his 1st week of practice give up that play than a projected starter.

Yes, the read, route, and throw all looked elite. I think we’re going to see a new dimension to this offense this season with the weapons we have at TE and a QB who can make all the throws with touch and accuracy.

Oh I’m not knocking it at all. I couldn’t tell what the coverage was. 15 may have been in a zone and sat right where he was supposed to. But I’d rather see a true freshman in his 1st week of practice give up that play than a projected starter.

Yes, the read, route, and throw all looked elite. I think we’re going to see a new dimension to this offense this season with the weapons we have at TE and a QB who can make all the throws with touch and accuracy.
Yup, I am quite excited to see this team take the field against my Alma Mater Chattanooga here in a few weeks

Beamer is slime. I expect him to be gone soon, maybe after this season when SC goes 4-8.
I don’t like Beamer jr. I don’t like anything about him, especially after he stared down our coaches after they “won” in Columbia in 22. As much as I want to see him fired I prefer him continuing to degrade USC small.
I really want to see him get a show cause if he is in fact guilty of dealing with Connor Stalions.

Word on the street.

- Brooks is gunning for a “Sunday Job”
- Webb disappears
- Nico is coming
- Ed Spillman needs to stfd before hurts somebody
- Peyton Lewis is the future
- Dline was dominant
- Big Scrimmage by Brooks. He’s come out of nowhere
Peyton Manning Ave or Sesame Street?

Ppl forget he abused 6A ball in state he is the greatest player to Ever come out of karns… you don’t run for as much as he did on a roster like that in 6A ball without some skill to you… think we got a super steal in d bishop.
I am probably the most hopeful he has a solid career, as I am pretty sure I was the most vocal guy on this board about getting him here any way possible . I would have nightmares if he had gone elsewhere and became Randall Cobb #2. Guess having Alcoa as the closest (though not zoned there) HS after my return to God’s country had me wound up. Took a lot of abuse when schollies got tight. Think if you went to his thread and searched my name it would back me up . He is not there yet, but I remain hopeful .

I am probably the most hopeful he has a solid career, as I am pretty sure I was the most vocal guy on this board about getting him here any way possible . I would have nightmares if he had gone elsewhere and became Randall Cobb #2. Guess having Alcoa as the closest (though not zoned there) HS after my return to God’s country had me wound up. Took a lot of abuse when schollies got tight. Think if you went to his thread and searched my name it would back me up . He is not there yet, but I remain hopeful .
Right there with you

Watched the scrimmage on YouTube. Qb1 and QB2 looked equally capable. QB3 showed out. The receiving corps looks deep, good, and might be good enough so that it wouldn't matter who was the QB. This was just a scrimmage, but if these guys play as well as the scrimmage suggests, we may be the Gorgo or Godzilla of the 2024 CFB season.

Cmon man, The Jumper hate is old - he played in the NFL.
I’m not hating on him nor do I hate him. He was serviceable but everyone tried to make him sound like he was a mix of Brian Urlacher and a Naval general in the offseason and he was ok at best. Just curious if this is just hype for Brooks or if he’s a baller.

Word on the street.

- Brooks is gunning for a “Sunday Job”
- Webb disappears
- Nico is coming
- Ed Spillman needs to stfd before hurts somebody
- Peyton Lewis is the future
- Dline was dominant
- Big Scrimmage by Brooks. He’s come out of nowhere
Brooks will play meaningful snaps. The staff trust him. I think Lewis is better than Seldon.

I’m not hating on him nor do I hate him. He was serviceable but everyone tried to make him sound like he was a mix of Brian Urlacher and a Naval general in the offseason and he was ok at best. Just curious if this is just hype for Brooks or if he’s a baller.
NO ONE made him out to be that…fan narrative fiction.

"EVERYONE tried to make him sound like ..."

You sure about that? 🤔

NO ONE made him out to be that…fan narrative fiction.
Agree. There were a few who thought he was better than he was, but I don’t recall anyone thinking he was a star. I just got tired of watching him give himself up to blockers on so many occasions. He’d just run right into them. It was like he thought he was a defensive tackle who was supposed to absorb blockers and not the LB who was supposed to avoid them and make the tackle. Kirkland did the latter, but couldn’t stay healthy, so Jumper played.

VN Store

Back