Are VNers actually planning not to get the vaccine, and if so why not?

I'm not getting the vaccine because ...

• I have documented allergy issues and my physician says its not worth the risk

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I am an anti-vaxxer, generally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The virus is no big deal and so the benefit of the vaccine is so small its not worth any risk

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I figure by the time they get to me herd immunity will have set in anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pie is not offered, but you can tell us your other reason

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
I'm going to get it just as soon as I can. I'm not an anti vaccer and if one of you gets it after turning down the vaccine, you deserve it.
Fine with that. I have turned down the flu shot, and gotten the flu before.

Reactions: McDad
For me, I’m sitting back and gathering information about it while I await my turn. The way I see it, there are tens of millions of people who need it more than me, and I’d feel like I’m slighting them if I were to get it before them. Namely my father who just had 5 bypasses this summer and has COPD.

I am surprised to hear anyone without some sort of stark and well documented allergy issues would ever turn it down. Is this a general anti-vaxxer thing or is this specific to wanting to stand behind Trump's assertion that its fake, i.e. that you don't really need it?

Why get vaccinated for a virus your natural immune system has already eradicated?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I voted no big deal. I’m 31 active and have already had it. I didn’t feel great for about 5-7 days, but stayed active and outdoors(riding bike). I had a pretty good cough and was definitely less than my normal self, but I’ve been through worse.

I should state, I’m the type of personal who doesn’t take anything when it comes to colds or pain. Now I will sip on moonshine if I’m not feeling great

Not going to go out of my way to get it.

My family never changed our way of life during the pandemic. I had a confirmed case, pretty sure the entire family had it.

Because I don’t feel like I need to get some rushed vaccine over a virus with a survival rate like covid.
Pretty much where I stand with it. But more than likely, it will end up being like pj is saying...

Not unless it's required for something. I'll likely have to get it if we start back traveling for work

Reactions: 615vols
How about the fact that normally it takes years for the FDA to approve vaccines and medical procedures and this thing was developed and approved in a matter of 6 to 8 months.

Who knows what side effect(s) might pop up from taking the vaccine 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years down the road that might have been found under normal testing.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I am surprised to hear anyone without some sort of stark and well documented allergy issues would ever turn it down. Is this a general anti-vaxxer thing or is this specific to wanting to stand behind Trump's assertion that its fake, i.e. that you don't really need it?
Got mine.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Is this a yearly vaccine like flu shots? Will big pharma create another vaccine for the " mutated" strains?

How about the fact that normally it takes years for the FDA to approve vaccines and medical procedures and this thing was developed and approved in a matter of 6 to 8 months.

Who knows what side effect(s) might pop up from taking the vaccine 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years down the road that might have been found under normal testing.
This is where I’m at. A guy I work with has a friend who’s girlfriend is in ICU after taking the vaccine. Had a reaction to it. Anecdotally I’ve heard a good bit of stories like that.

Hmmm

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I've had the virus, it's not all that bad. No need for me to get this vaccine or any vaccine

The problem is some like you have limited critical thinking skills and think that if you refuse ANY vaccine you are an "anti-vaxxer".

People can choose to get it or not much like a flu shot (which is a money scam with slim-moderate actual health related benefits), and it doesn't make them "anti-vaxxer" because they choose not to.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The problem is some like you have limited critical thinking skills and think that if you refuse ANY vaccine you are an "anti-vaxxer".

People can choose to get it or not much like a flu shot (which is a money scam with slim-moderate actual health related benefits), and it doesn't make them "anti-vaxxer" because they choose not to.

So you would be in the camp that the benefits aren't worth it.

Let me ask, though, are there people in your life, people at home, family, that you should protect by getting the vaccine ?

VN Store

Back