Are VNers actually planning not to get the vaccine, and if so why not?

I'm not getting the vaccine because ...

• I have documented allergy issues and my physician says its not worth the risk

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I am an anti-vaxxer, generally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The virus is no big deal and so the benefit of the vaccine is so small its not worth any risk

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I figure by the time they get to me herd immunity will have set in anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pie is not offered, but you can tell us your other reason

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
No.

By getting the vaccine you reduce to near zero the possibility that you will get the virus and pass it on to someone else.

It would be helpful if Fauci and his $400K+ salary said this rather than you but he's too busy telling us that two masks are better than one. I'm still waiting for that man to tell us something profound

Reactions: Zues1
Unfortunately, I can see it coming. Plus, if you want to travel, I can see them requiring it.

It really sucks that you have people that want to force you to inject an unproven vaccine.

I don't think they can force anyone to take something that the FDA doesn't fully endorse. Remember this is just an emergency approval at this point. If we do get to that point, it still would make little sense. Theoretically the passengers at risk would be the ones who opted not to get the vaccine...so why protect them if they opted out? It's their choice. If they get sick, let them suffer the consequences

Most in here that are not getting it basically out of spite will end up getting it anyway eventually.

Most in here that are not getting it basically out of spite will end up getting it anyway eventually.
In 10 years or so... when there is some history as to it's safety.

I'd rather have Covid than step on a sand burr

And it's not out of spite dumbass... It's out of not being a sheep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zues1
139836711_2875543429347583_3832827036913674156_n.jpg

Reactions: McDad

Well, I'm choosing not to get it for personal reasons. Namely, because I was in the military for 20 years and got all sorts of sh!t injected and some of it I still have no ****ing idea what it is or what the long term effects are.

Now, I'll probably have to get it because of my company, but I'm not doing it until it's mandatory.

pretty much.

most of those who got it because they were told to, not because there is actual science to back any of it up.

It would be helpful if Fauci and his $400K+ salary said this rather than you but he's too busy telling us that two masks are better than one. I'm still waiting for that man to tell us something profound

For $300k+ I’ll tell you 3 masks are better than 2.

Reactions: Orangeburst
pretty much.

most of those who got it because they were told to, not because there is actual science to back any of it up.

Ok. I’m definitely of the mind that Covid has been politicized. And there are and have been many questionable actions by our leaders. But Covid is real. And it has very real consequences. I’m not sure what science you are implying doesn’t back up the existence of Covid or the benefits of a vaccine. And as much as I believe in individual freedom and personal choice, the denial of the reality of the disease, it’s consequences and the benefits of vaccination are mind boggling.

How about the fact that normally it takes years for the FDA to approve vaccines and medical procedures and this thing was developed and approved in a matter of 6 to 8 months.

Who knows what side effect(s) might pop up from taking the vaccine 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years down the road that might have been found under normal testing.

To clarify, none of the CV19 vaccines have been FDA approved. The two available in the U.S. have been granted Emergency Use Authorization, which is a distinctly different process.

For $300k+ I’ll tell you 3 masks are better than 2.

I deal with particulate filtration and ISO standards for air purity. From my undertanding about masks, an N95 mask is 95% effective in removing particulate to a certain micron size. No matter how many masks even of the standard, you are only so efficient to the micron size. Viral load I suppose is the answer.

I deal with particulate filtration and ISO standards for air purity. From my undertanding about masks, an N95 mask is 95% effective in removing particulate to a certain micron size. No matter how many masks even of the standard, you are only so efficient to the micron size. Viral load I suppose is the answer.

Wear two N95 masks 190% effectiveness. I’m earning my paycheck today.

pretty much.

I mean, there is science... but what science there is basically delves into initial efficacy. There’s not going to be anything about long term side effects (if there are any), duration of immunity, optimized dosing, among many other items. That’s the price we pay for expediency.

What we do know is that it will build your immunity to covid-19 for a period of time.

Wear two N95 masks 190% effectiveness. I’m earning my paycheck today.

That brings up a question..if I get the Pfizer, the Moderna, and now the coming J&J vaccines, will I be Superman? Lets do the math..95% effective on shot one. then 95% of 95% and then 95% of 95%.

I don't think they can force anyone to take something that the FDA doesn't fully endorse. Remember this is just an emergency approval at this point. If we do get to that point, it still would make little sense. Theoretically the passengers at risk would be the ones who opted not to get the vaccine...so why protect them if they opted out? It's their choice. If they get sick, let them suffer the consequences
You're making sense. This isn't about what is logical or reasonable.

I have a feeling I will be coerced into taking it given the amount of international and domestic work travel I do in normal times.

But I’m going to sit it out until that day comes. Also pretty sure I already had it back in March after a trip to Central America and Europe. I remember half of the plane on a European segment had a hacking cough. Family got whatever I had from me once I was back home.

As for the vaccine, I think it’s highly probable that it is safe but would rather wait and see before getting it myself.

Ok. I’m definitely of the mind that Covid has been politicized. And there are and have been many questionable actions by our leaders. But Covid is real. And it has very real consequences. I’m not sure what science you are implying doesn’t back up the existence of Covid or the benefits of a vaccine. And as much as I believe in individual freedom and personal choice, the denial of the reality of the disease, it’s consequences and the benefits of vaccination are mind boggling.
We have no idea about anything regarding these vaccines. These were rushed to the market years ahead of time.

You make it as though these vaccines have been around 100 years or longer.

Do you think people that have already had COVID should be vaccinated?

VN Store

Back