Are you people serious?

Yes. Sadly we have some of the biggest bandwagon fans in college sports. No wonder other fanbases make fun of us.
All fan bases have this subset of fans. It’s not unique to Tennessee. It shows up and rears its ugly head when sky-high expectations come tumbling down.

It’s not about this loss. It’s how we lost. Some us of watched the Oklahoma game and acknowledged that our offense had issues and we don’t have much faith in it going forward. We wanted to make ourselves feel better about the offensive performance so we said we were holding back and trying not to show too much and just playing conservative with a lead. Bullcrap! Nobody can honestly tell me that Coach H didn’t want to beat his former team badly. He just couldn’t because our offense is lacking and doesn’t have much trust in Nico.

We can beat anybody left on our schedule. But from what I’ve seen in our offense against the only two decent teams we’ve played, I have little confidence in these games. I do not think we will be a playoff team and there are at least two to three more losses coming for this team.
Good. You can stop tuning in and posting. Start your off season early. Spare us your long drawn out speeches about what you see and think.

Reactions: teeball
After sleeping on it, I'm still fairly aggravated. But my ire is more directed at the coaches, especially on offense. They didn't put the fellas in a strong position to win. I think the piling on Nico is a bit much, he wasn't the only Vol to have a bad night.

Maybe the Dark Lord is right about the whole rat poison thing.
Coaching has been off since last season. Last year it was the coaching doesn't believe in Milton, last night the coaching doesn't believe in Nico.
Maybe the coaching doesn't believe in themselves.
I'm going to stick by what I said last season. The offense didn't seem to play the same after Golesh left, doesn't seem as aggressive. I can't put '23 all on Milton when Mays was out early and WR corp didn't show up.
This year our WR corp at least on paper should be dominating and breaking open yet we're still playing like it's '23 instead of '22
Did we get Jeff Fisher as a offense play calling analyst or something and I missed it?

Reactions: zeppelin128
“I’m fine with an unacceptable loss because some other teams have done it too”.
I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.

Reactions: tbh
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
I don’t believe the angst is due to betting losses. Seemingly, we are at a familiar place when it comes to playing SEC road games. Offensively, we have played badly for 6 quarters, and I don’t understand the reason for that. However, I can speculate that the rest of the SEC has caught up with us due to the lack of creativity. On the flip side, I strongly believe that we have talent and depth, but consistent and excellent coaching must put our young men in better positions to win tough games.

I knew all week we were going to be in a dogfight last night. We aren’t that good.
Some of our fans cannot comprehend that just like other armies' generals also win and lose battles. Rommel, as good as he was, got his azz kicked by blowhard Montgomery, and arrogant Patton. Robbie Lee, won battles with brilliant tactics, but bottle sipping Grant forced him to submissively lay down his saber. Our greatly loved Rob Neyland, was the battler of battles, yet lost to Maryland's Coach Jim Tatum. He even led the UT to five bowl games, but won only two of them. And here we are with a new general, Josh Heupel. Like others before him, he will win some battles, and lose others.

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

We dominated Oklahoma

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Thanks for bringing truth & sanity to this conversation.

No excuse for a performance like this no matter how you try to justify it.
I hope everyone that is this dogmatic is held to the exact same standard in their own life…especially by outsiders who do nothing but spectate.

Just remember, there is no room for imperfection or a substandard performance…ever.

This fan base is beyond absurd.

If it was Thursday and people are still complaining then yeah, it would be time to move on. But it’s literally been about 10 hours since we lost. Let people vent without the fan morality lectures
Don't want to. This is not a one off cycle, this is EVERY time the teams face any sort of difficulty. Read any thread after a loss by any team. The same crap, the players are horrible and the coaches are useless. The same malarky from the same lot. Miserable fans are just that, miserable.

Reactions: feathersax
I hope everyone that is this dogmatic is held to the exact same standard in their own life…especially by outsiders who do nothing but spectate.

Just remember, there is no room for imperfection or a substandard performance…ever.

We are not a football school. Only 2 Nattys in 75 years.

I don't bet ... I don't drink ... I am passionate about Tennessee football.
We have the talent to be elite. There was no excuse for this team not to be ready. It all falls on the coaches for not having this team ready to compete and win regardless of the venue.
Very disappointed

We dominated Oklahoma

I believe that two weeks ago a poster said on here that we were one loss away from Heupel being a terrible coach and the players being awful. Well…here it is. The NC talk before the season by some of our fanbase and the media got into our heads.

I would rather we at least try to score TD's than watch the same 4 plays be called over and over. CJH doesn't trust our offense and is playing very, very conservative and hoping our D carries us to a win. That won't work in the SEC - you have to score TDs

Here's your participation trophy.

We dominated Oklahoma

How you can say this when WE gave Nico pallets of cash equaling $8 million dollars. And yes I mean WE!

We dominated Oklahoma

This being a freshman excuse is lame. He's been here for almost 2 whole years now.. you are seriously braindead. Has nothing to do with betting and everything to do with beating a team that you're a 2 TD favorite over. Quit making excuses for subpar play just because you accept mediocrity. This was an awful performance and deserves to be bashed for it. The fact that you are okay with it actually makes you less of a Vols fan than those who are mad

VN Store

Back