Are you people serious?

Well said...I was hesitant to even visit the site because I suspected what type of stupidity and I would see and sadly I was right. Will find other means of entertainment this week and give the idiots time cool down until we beat Florida
What makes you think that’s going to happen?

The LURKERS have always been with this Fanbase. They hide in the shadows pretending to be fans but show their UGLY brow every time there is a misstep or the team falters. They can be witnessed in the BB forum too. They are a sad beast energized only by this team's failure, gloating when they predict a loss and it happens. Sadly, they'll remain with us. Thus Is LIFE.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
The LURKERS have always been with this Fanbase. They hide in the shadows pretending to be fans but show their UGLY brow every time there is a misstep or the team falters. They can be witnessed in the BB forum too. They are a sad beast energized only by this team's failure, gloating when they predict a loss and it happens. Sadly, they'll remain with us. Thus Is LIFE.
As if being a non-lurker makes you some kind of "real fan".. get over yourselves. No one is gloating about us losing but rather pointing out the flaws of the team that people like you ignore

I believe part of the reaction is due to being sold a load of overhyped fools' gold each year, and NIL has kicked that into overdrive.

While technically the players are not yet being paid for playing a game...if the NIL money is the only (or primary) reason they're wearing orange and white on Saturdays and they're raking in hundreds of thousands (and more) to do so, the expectations are going to be higher just as expectations are higher as a coaching staff is paid more.

Fan bases are, as a rule, on a wide spectrum of personalities and mindsets. There will inevitably be irrational (and in some cases) hyperbolic reactions to the highs and lows each season. If anyone thinks it is limited to this fan base alone (or that being a self-appointed sunshine-pumping message board schoolmarm or miserable doomsayer)...that individual is a myopic, fragile clown who needs to hop off the internet for a bit, go touch grass, and focus on lowering their blood pressure.

It's a game. Folks can see the games and outcomes (W or L) differently. No one will change that. No, not even you.

After sleeping on it, I'm still fairly aggravated. But my ire is more directed at the coaches, especially on offense. They didn't put the fellas in a strong position to win. I think the piling on Nico is a bit much, he wasn't the only Vol to have a bad night.

Maybe the Dark Lord is right about the whole rat poison thing.
Hate for folks to learn lessons the hard way but sometimes it’s necessary. There is no question about “rat poison” being real. Upon reflection I believe they had become enamored with their press clippings and hearing everybody saying how invincible they looked. I’m convinced that the SEC is balanced enough that you can lose any game on the schedule if you don’t show up and we flat did not show up. Undisciplined play on both sides of the ball and coaching was questionable. Credit Arkansas for not having a single turnover which had been a big problem for them. On to Florida and hope the team and coaches learned something last night.

Reactions: zeppelin128 and tbh
About as much as the rest of the team and staff apparently.
Yep…I’m certain.

The reaction is absurd. The loss is concerning, but the kneejerk is why we can’t have nice things around here. We are not entitled to success. We are in the foundational period of becoming a championship level team. Throughout the 90’s we built to the success of 98. There were losses, disappointments, and many successes along the way. It did not happen overnight.

I’d argue the field is deeper in the SEC, and the stakes higher now than they were in the 90’s. It seems most everyone stumps their toe.

Reactions: wesley21 and Delmar
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
look-truefan.gif

Reactions: Doberman and tbh
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

We dominated Oklahoma

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

"Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START". When you take the money especially way too much money for unproven talent, then you get the criticism and he should take it. They want to take pro money then they will get treated like a pro. Right now has not performed as advertised.

We dominated Oklahoma

FU !

As if being a non-lurker makes you some kind of "real fan".. get over yourselves. No one is gloating about us losing but rather pointing out the flaws of the team that people like you ignore
Stick around a while. You'll realize who I'm talking about. There is an element on the board that only show up when we lose.

We dominated Oklahoma

Our defense dominated Oklahoma, but our offense was almost as bad against them as it was against Arkansas.

We dominated Oklahoma

How about the fans being upset b/c they are passionate and TN couldn’t take care of business vs. an avg team.

Our goal is to make the playoffs and win the chip.

Third, our two toughest games are in front of us. And the best we played last nt, Florida may be difficult to overcome.

10-2 does not mean we will go to the playoffs as there could be 6-72 loss SEC teams.

Our offense looks pedestrian which was a concern discussed by McElroy. We all got upset w his comments but the man was correct. He saw something vs Oklahoma …

Plus, we had a bye week.

There’s a reason I hardly ever visit the football forum. Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely dissapointed in the Arkansas loss. Mostly bc I have no idea what the plan was on offense. But I can’t stand seeing people bash our players.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Yep. There are a ton of posters who only surface during/after poor performances. See lots of new names every time. Best just to shake your head at ignorance and ignore them. The Ignore button works well if they get too stupid or obtuse.

At the same time, it is absolutely fair to criticize last night if it’s a reasonable take. It’s what happens in any business when employees are getting paid handsomely and they don’t perform.

Don't want to. This is not a one off cycle, this is EVERY time the teams face any sort of difficulty. Read any thread after a loss by any team. The same crap, the players are horrible and the coaches are useless. The same malarky from the same lot. Miserable fans are just that, miserable.

We are not a football school. Only 2 Nattys in 75 years.

If that’s your standard then there are only about 10 football schools

There’s a reason I hardly ever visit the football forum. Don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely dissapointed in the Arkansas loss. Mostly bc I have no idea what the plan was on offense. But I can’t stand seeing people bash our players.

NIL - want to get paid then deal with the heightened criticism

Reactions: tbh
I knew all week we were going to be in a dogfight last night. We aren’t that good.
Yea, we’re not going to win any league games just by showing up. As others have mentioned, we looked at lot like we did in Gainesville last year. We didn’t bring our A game and in this league that can get you beat.

Hats off the Arkansas - their season was on the line and they came out pumped up and ready to play. Their D mostly worked from a 335 set and evidently that’s effective against our down field passing. Their ability to pressure Nico (just as Oklahoma did) got him out of his comfort zone.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

VN Store

Back