Are you people serious?

I think the thing about last night game that ticks me off the most were the dumb penalties.
There's no excuse for jumping just because the defensive line shifts and definitely no excuse to do it multiple times in the same game.

They were getting paid BEFORE NIL.

That means nothing.
That’s true Josh. But it’s different now. It’s above board now and routinely discussed in the open. To me it’s nothing more than NFL Lite and players who are openly getting paid and can transfer on a whim are subject to criticism for poor performance just like the coaches are. And it will soon be with contracts with the school as employees. Don’t particularly like it but it’s the way it is. Everybody has to deal with it or find other interests.

Reactions: Voltopia
Good. You can stop tuning in and posting. Start your off season early. Spare us your long drawn out speeches about what you see and think.
Oh shut up, sunshine pumper. This offense was abysmal and is trending worse. If you wanna hang a banner for beating Kent state and UTC then go ahead. But the rest of us expect better from a team ranked #4 in the nation. Get off your high horse and quit telling people how they should feel about this team. Watching the titans has gotten you too comfy with being average at best

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.++++

THIS team had 2 weeks to prepare for an SEC road game at Arky. This staff got completely outcoached and team was completely outplayed. This staff wasted a full year of experience on Nico for MILTON? Nico played just like Milton instead of throwing the ball on the last play went out of Bounds, also looked like a deer in headlights most of the night? Arky staff put together a lot of 3-3-5 defense last night, Offensive staff had no answer for another 3-3-5 defense - which by the way if you haven't noticed is a Heuple offense scheme KILLER.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

We have the most talent we've ever had and a lot more than Arkansas has. O excuse for our poor gameplan. Arky Backup QB and we can't come up with something to stop the run?

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

The anger is from watching a much more talented team in the vols that had 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE get taken to the woodshed by an inferior team. The anger is from piss poor gameplan and execution. The anger is our staff having no answer but to run Sampson up May's rear end and get stuffed most of the night. WE HAD NO ANSWER. This offensive staff has regressed. Offensive line coach should be on a bus to coach jail for coaching malpractice TODAY.
You said a lot of what many of us feel seeing the team look unprepared and the coaching staff not try to change things up like they have no clue what to do. The frustration comes from being here once again---we had this discussion 2 years ago when we laid an egg playing Georgia and then get blown out playing South Carolina. The discussion at that time centered around the same things we see time and time again= coaching staff not being able to get the team ready for big games, poor limited play calling, and not being able to adjust to game conditions . Last year we were beating Bama 20-7 at halftime, but Sabin got them motivated at half time and they won because we never scored another point the whole game. Last week Georgia was getting blown out by Bama, but Kirby Smart said something at half time and they actually could have won that game. It just gets old losing games we are favored and only winning games when we " upset" some favored team. This tells me the practice in the week ain't working.

I think the thing about last night game that ticks me off the most were the dumb penalties.
There's no excuse for jumping just because the defensive line shifts and definitely no excuse to do it multiple times in the same game.
Our first offensive play was a great call…brought back on a penalty

Yep. There are a ton of posters who only surface during/after poor performances. See lots of new names every time. Best just to shake your head at ignorance and ignore them. The Ignore button works well if they get too stupid or obtuse.

At the same time, it is absolutely fair to criticize last night if it’s a reasonable take. It’s what happens in any business when employees are getting paid handsomely and they don’t perform.
I'm okay with criticizing when it's warranted. already vented here. They clearly weren't prepared to play this game.

The football forum is getting less appealing anymore.
Its a by-product of all the sports podcasts and national media hype. We all believed it because we live for these football games even though we KNEW NCSU was not a serious team, we knew that OU was not a top team, we KNEW Nico had shown very little in the passing game and we KNEW we were not a top 5 team. Knowing all that, we chose to believe we were and were jolted back to reality. We are in the process of falling back to earth, screaming all the way down.

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.

Good teams that have it together shouldn't lose to teams that try to fumble the game away 10+ times. Good teams make them pay and drag them up and down the field.
This team had all of the momentum and a bye week and laid an egg on the road. Again.
It happens every year.

Since when did an honest, accurate critique of what everyone sees (questionable play calls, lack of OL development, lack of offensive production, WRs not getting open, poor secondary play) equate to not being a fan?? I have tix to most games and I will be there pulling for our VOLS. Doesn’t mean we have to lay off criticism of the performances when they do not meet the standard set by the program itself. Disparaging comments on a personal level toward individual players are not acceptable. An honest critique of their performance is. It’s what a forum is for.
Read the posts I am criticizing. critique of a game does not involve saying the players and coaches are inept every time things don't go well. I wonder, does everyone on this board face this type of critique in their personal lives. If so, it explains a lot. If not, remember this is not the most important thing in the world. I live very near the devastation of this past week. My brother is basically stranded in Asheville and my Aunt had her house destroyed. Dealing with a bunch of mewling, self-centered fair-weather fans is really annoying and ridiculous.

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
Or maybe its the pure frustration of watching 20 years of bad football and starving for being relevant with a chance at a championship. Most people on this board probably were not walking when the Vols last won a conference championship in football. That kind of brutal run of irrelevance will breed anger. Just sayin.

Read the posts I am criticizing. critique of a game does not involve saying the players and coaches are inept every time things don't go well. I wonder, does everyone on this board face this type of critique in their personal lives. If so, it explains a lot. If not, remember this is not the most important thing in the world. I live very near the devastation of this past week. My brother is basically stranded in Asheville and my Aunt had her house destroyed. Dealing with a bunch of mewling, self-centered fair-weather fans is really annoying and ridiculous.

Man, I sincerely hope for better days for your brother, Aunt, and others affected by the storm. You're absolutely right that a game or a season or a team is not the most important thing in the world. Not by a long shot. We as fans could all do well to keep that in mind.

What stands out to me is that you seem to feel it's your job, duty, or place to "deal with" folks on an internet message board. The reality is that while you mean well, you're not going to change anyone's personality or opinion, and with all due respect it sounds like you could stand to take some of your own advice that this isn't the most important thing in the world. Hang in there, and have a better day.

My favorite is grown men with careers and families throwing a conimption fit and blasting a 19 year old kid with personal attacks, acting like MS girls and then declaring that anyone who doesn’t respond like they are, are satisfied with this loss, making excuses for the team and should be concerned for the future of the program and questioning whether we have the right coach.

Lmao 🤣

Im gonna double down with a back up hissy fit for good measure. I’ll throw a fit that you’re not throwing a fit with me.

There are some men who are 10 year old boys as fans.

I agree 100%. I will not be listening to sports radio either, because I know how the callers, and hosts will act this week.

All fan bases have this subset of fans. It’s not unique to Tennessee. It shows up and rears its ugly head when sky-high expectations come tumbling down.
I have followed the vols since 67.seen the up and down seasons all these years.i agree that some of the vol fans post negative remarks and I get frustrated as we all do.with that being said;it is called free speech.js.

The LURKERS have always been with this Fanbase. They hide in the shadows pretending to be fans but show their UGLY brow every time there is a misstep or the team falters. They can be witnessed in the BB forum too. They are a sad beast energized only by this team's failure, gloating when they predict a loss and it happens. Sadly, they'll remain with us. Thus Is LIFE.

Bunch of mouth breathers!

VN Store

Back