Are you people serious?

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
I love this post so much, I’ve read nothing but brain rot the past month by these same fans who want to start attacking our own players and coaches at the first sign of adversity. The fact their acting surprised we lost in the sec on the road, on the same weekend where 6 or 7 top teams in the country lost. Tells me a lot of em are young fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamuraiVol74
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
tmp.gif

We have a great deal of maturing to do, both as a team and a fan base
Fan base will never mature. It’s always been this way. Everyone gets excited when we beat teams that we should and has too high of expectations. We are not as good as we thought. We saw that against OK and were reluctant to admit it. I was concerned all week this would be a trap game. Maybe Nico is not ready for SEC play with an average O Line and receivers that can’t get separation. It’s easy to look good playing so much lesser talent. Tougher opponents expose your weakness. This was not a fluke game. We’ve played way below our offensive potential two games in a row. Too many 3 and outs, penalties and calling the same play without the ability to execute it. Could be a frustrating season. Next year not a lot better. We lose a lot of people.

There is a reason why they make that money…they know more about it, and are more accountable, than you. Ultimately it means more to them, because it’s their body of work.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t to be questioned by the people that pay their salaries, and NIL money (us)…but geez, some of you act like you’re owed something. It’s a spectator sport. My only point is that the reaction to one loss, on the road and in the conference, is way over the top.

It was one thing with the host of idiots we’ve had over the last two decades, but Heupel has overachieved since he got here. Everyone seems to forget we’re still building a culture, and now doing it with a very young QB. Our highs as a fanbase are way too high, and our lows are ridiculous.
Who are you?

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
The anonymity of the internet tells us that there are a lot more a**holes in the world than previously thought...

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
It's not over the top to expect them to win a game they are favored by 14. Quit pretending like this was in Athens or Tuscaloosa. And we are most definitely owed a better performance than that
What have done to be “owed” anything by anyone on that team? I am Orange to the core…but they owe me nothing. You must have really done something special to feel the owe you. Good for you.

I get your point, I do. I said the same thing during the previous 3 staffs. But Heupel’s tenure here has been on an upward trajectory the entire time. The on-field product has made us look like we belong again. Losing to Arkansas on the road is disappointing, but not the end of the world. They have been close in both of their losses.

Yes, and later unions will be involved representing the players, all types of negotiations, and imagine having player strikes!
As an example the last night incident with our player pushing a girl, the college will not be able to discipline him without a hearing with the Union.
They are turning college football into more like the NFL, which is what I think they want. Big money wants it that way, they want to control college football. We will not recognize old fashion college football sport in ten years.
I doubt it’s going to take 10 years.

Thanks for the best post of the day.

I think that lost bets are a huge aspect feeding the venom, but also the sports trash talk has gotten ridiculous, and my guess is that the idiotic comments here are fueled by anger over having to deal with trash talking from coworkers and friends who are fans of other schools and getting ripped on social media sites the same way they gloat when we win.

It's essentially taking a loss by a college football team as a personal affront, like their manhood was insulted.

Well said...I was hesitant to even visit the site because I suspected what type of stupidity and I would see and sadly I was right. Will find other means of entertainment this week and give the idiots time cool down until we beat Florida

When the same people will be gloating again and talking about beating Alabama.

I was raised to win. Don't like losing. People acting all fine and dandy after losing to a highly inferior team are the ones I can't believe are serious.

Other teams losing head scratchers doesn’t make me feel better. Just pisses me off more, hand a chance to handle our business and really separate ourselves and we pissed down our leg. If you’re not pissed, you’re the “phony” fan as you simply don’t care enough.

See how it feels to be fan policed? Shut the hell up and let people get over the loss the way that works best for them.

VN Store

Back