Are you people serious?

No excuse for a performance like this no matter how you try to justify it.
It was a bad game. We obviously didn’t execute
Some of our fans cannot comprehend that just like other armies' generals also win and lose battles. Rommel, as good as he was, got his azz kicked by blowhard Montgomery, and arrogant Patton. Robbie Lee, won battles with brilliant tactics, but bottle sipping Grant forced him to submissively lay down his saber. Our greatly loved Rob Neyland, was the battler of battles, yet lost to Maryland's Coach Jim Tatum. He even led the UT to five bowl games, but won only two of them. And here we are with a new general, Josh Heupel. Like others before him, he will win some battles, and lose others.
I’ve never agreed with you more than right now

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Lame argument. None of us are getting paid millions to do it. Coach and QB are
There is a reason why they make that money…they know more about it, and are more accountable, than you. Ultimately it means more to them, because it’s their body of work.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t to be questioned by the people that pay their salaries, and NIL money (us)…but geez, some of you act like you’re owed something. It’s a spectator sport. My only point is that the reaction to one loss, on the road and in the conference, is way over the top.

It was one thing with the host of idiots we’ve had over the last two decades, but Heupel has overachieved since he got here. Everyone seems to forget we’re still building a culture, and now doing it with a very young QB. Our highs as a fanbase are way too high, and our lows are ridiculous.

First of all, I can understand being upset after a loss. But if you are not a player, coach, staffer, admin., etc. of the UT football program, then you have no right to be more upset at this loss than the players and coaches are. Some of you saying that this team caused you to lose money because you bet on the Vols. No, gambling is a risk you were apparently willing to take so that one’s on you. Next, I obviously don’t think UT played their best game last night. However, I don’t feel the need to bash on the players and coaches because I know they are more disappointed in this loss than I am. Sure, I can see mistakes they made, but I also realize that there’s nothing I can do to fix. There were missed blocks, missed tackles, penalties, game management errors, and sometimes Nico held on to the ball a little too long. I know they realize this and that this loss is on them, but they don’t need to hear that some of you “fans” think that they are overrated or not worth the NIL investments, etc. Nico, Sampson, and others sat at the table and faced the media’s questions and never did they say anything to deflect accountability or blame. 20 year old young men showing much more class and resolve than many of you “fans” on here. Honestly, how does this loss really impact YOU? Are you afraid that your co-workers, family members, friends, etc. may talk smack to you because the Vols lost one they shouldn’t have? Awww. If this is you, please return to your safe space and wait until next Saturday. Otherwise, calm down, don’t get your dress over your head, and get ready to support the Vols this Saturday. Trust that the players and coaches will correct the errors and mistakes and get the “dub” on Saturday. GBO!!!
Could you please repeat that ?

It’s just you. Peyton had 11 TD passes & 6 INTs. And he was a true freshman, not a redshirt.
I remember hearing stories from coaches and players about Peyton being in the film room watching and studying film in his spare time. By himself. I remember it sounding like he was studying football all the time. They never mentioned how much time he spent as a fashion designer.

There is a reason why they make that money…they know more about it, and are more accountable, than you. Ultimately it means more to them, because it’s their body of work.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t to be questioned by the people that pay their salaries, and NIL money (us)…but geez, some of you act like you’re owed something. It’s a spectator sport. My only point is that the reaction to one loss, on the road and in the conference, is way over the top.

It was one thing with the host of idiots we’ve had over the last two decades, but Heupel has overachieved since he got here. Everyone seems to forget we’re still building a culture, and now doing it with a very young QB. Our highs as a fanbase are way too high, and our lows are ridiculous.
It's not over the top to expect them to win a game they are favored by 14. Quit pretending like this was in Athens or Tuscaloosa. And we are most definitely owed a better performance than that

It's not over the top to expect them to win a game they are favored by 14. Quit pretending like this was in Athens or Tuscaloosa. And we are most definitely owed a better performance than that
The idea that fans are “owed” something has always been silly to me.

We aren’t the ones who spend countless hours on the practice field, in the weight room, and the film room. We don’t spend weeks at a time away from our families recruiting.

We aren’t the ones who spend countless hours on the practice field, in the weight room, and the film room. We don’t spend weeks at a time away from our families recruiting.
Well as a UT resident, grad, and fan we do pay the bills.

They wouldn't have a practice field, weight room, or film room if it wasn't for fans. There wouldn't even be football if there were no fans. They are also very handsomely compensated for their sacrifices, so that excuse is just yapping.

That’s true Josh. But it’s different now. It’s above board now and routinely discussed in the open. To me it’s nothing more than NFL Lite and players who are openly getting paid and can transfer on a whim are subject to criticism for poor performance just like the coaches are. And it will soon be with contracts with the school as employees. Don’t particularly like it but it’s the way it is. Everybody has to deal with it or find other interests.
Yes, and later unions will be involved representing the players, all types of negotiations, and imagine having player strikes!
As an example the last night incident with our player pushing a girl, the college will not be able to discipline him without a hearing with the Union.
They are turning college football into more like the NFL, which is what I think they want. Big money wants it that way, they want to control college football. We will not recognize old fashion college football sport in ten years.
No excuse for a performance like this no matter how you try to justify it.

boo freaking hoo on this one. If it weren't for the fans... the allure of that big money... along with making the ESPN Sportscenter highlight reel, very few of these guys would be doing this.

In the words of Indiana Jones "Fortune and glory kid" If it weren't for that.....

Reactions: tbh
I don’t believe the angst is due to betting losses. Seemingly, we are at a familiar place when it comes to playing SEC road games. Offensively, we have played badly for 6 quarters, and I don’t understand the reason for that. However, I can speculate that the rest of the SEC has caught up with us due to the lack of creativity. On the flip side, I strongly believe that we have talent and depth, but consistent and excellent coaching must put our young men in better positions to win tough games.

The real angst is that Tennessee hasn't done jack since 1998 and fans continue to ride current teams for it because they are sick of trolls like Uncle Lou pointing it out and being correct. The past still haunts us unfortunately and likely will until we do something big. Every loss is just a reminder if the ineptitude of Tennessee football this Century. It probably isn't 100% fair to blame this team but it happens. It is a growing anger/resentment.

Reactions: Ttucke11
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
Well said

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.+

Peyton was roundly booed in Neyland vs Memphis State his freshman year. I know, I was there. Talk shows constantly complained about “why wasn’t Brandon Stewart starting“ & “Manning playing because of his last name”.Playing QB requires thick skin.
Not to mention people were all over Peyton's "happy feet" every year he lost to FL. The greatest QB in TN history and people routinely criticized him while he was here. Peyton was great but he never reached the high expectations people had of him while he was here. Sadly, I was on campus during this time as well.

I hope everyone that is this dogmatic is held to the exact same standard in their own life…especially by outsiders who do nothing but spectate.

Just remember, there is no room for imperfection or a substandard performance…ever.

This fan base is beyond absurd.
Agree

I thought most preseason predictions (for whatever they are worth) had us around 9-3 and maybe 10-2 with some breaks. I think some of us got over hyped because of our dominating some cupcakes. Oklahoma was our first real game and there were some warning signs there. We still have a good chance of going to the playoffs. 9-3 might put us outside but if we go 10-2 we will be in.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife

VN Store

Back