Are you people serious?

I think people have the right to be upset with the quality of play yesterday. We were awful of every phase of the game:

Poor coaching including time management, play calling.

Special teams not fair catching punts giving up field position late in the game

Poor DB for 4 years and counting

No excitement, energy, or discipline after a bye week.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.+

Peyton was roundly booed in Neyland vs Memphis State his freshman year. I know, I was there. Talk shows constantly complained about “why wasn’t Brandon Stewart starting“ & “Manning playing because of his last name”.Playing QB requires thick skin.

Reactions: utVolFanInVA
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.
I'm mad because it looked like the coaches had no game plan after a bye week.

I'm mad because our coaches didn't adjust to Arkansas in the second half.

Read the posts I am criticizing. critique of a game does not involve saying the players and coaches are inept every time things don't go well. I wonder, does everyone on this board face this type of critique in their personal lives. If so, it explains a lot. If not, remember this is not the most important thing in the world. I live very near the devastation of this past week. My brother is basically stranded in Asheville and my Aunt had her house destroyed. Dealing with a bunch of mewling, self-centered fair-weather fans is really annoying and ridiculous.

You should probably go tend to the obviously more important things in your life. Spending your time pouring out your ire on a bunch of folks you don’t know, because you don’t like their style is a waste of your time.

I’m on here enough to know you are an outrage entrepreneur, just not at the team, but at other posters. The fan police guy.

Prayers for your family’s safety, and recovery, during this awful tragedy. That is sincere.

(edit: our government could use some of your tongue lashings right about now. Feel free. )

It’s a bad loss but it doesn’t break your season. I think this year is showing that there’s more parity than ever. This team can beat every team left. Offensively they have to get better. The offense has to be able to run the ball effectively first and foremost. They ran the ball well in the 3rd quarter and were able to jump out to a lead. The best way to stop this offense is being able to stop the run with only 5-6 guys in the box. Arkansas was able to do that most of the night

After sleeping on it, I'm still fairly aggravated. But my ire is more directed at the coaches, especially on offense. They didn't put the fellas in a strong position to win. I think the piling on Nico is a bit much, he wasn't the only Vol to have a bad night.

Maybe the Dark Lord is right about the whole rat poison thing.

Same, I love Heupel but the play calling and strategy on offense has been horrid. I could have done a better job calling plays pulling from the video game play book sadly

Reactions: zeppelin128
We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

We dominated Oklahoma

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Year after year it seems to be getting worse with the snowflakes. I think our society in general has issues that is developing more and more entitled people. When they don't get "candy at the store checkout", they pitch fits till mommy caves in. Secondly, more and more people are not wise enough to avoid betting their money on games. When they lose and they will, it just exponentially charges the emotions and the feeling that someone needs to pay for "my pain".
It's really all pathetic when over a football game.

Sure makes Florida, Georgia, Bama, UK, and Vandy look different. If we play even close to like tonight three are sure losses and other two a toss up.

I knew all week we were going to be in a dogfight last night. We aren’t that good.
I agree. I'm more angry at myself for believing the hype. It was a humiliating wake-up call nonetheless.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Plain and simple. The fan base expected a HH right out of the gate. HH had 3 years of College Football under his belt before he arrived at UTK. Add to it that he grew up in a football family.
Bottom line: HH had great field vision, a processor in his brain, and a coaching staff that ran an offense that suited him.
What people need to realize is that we got a raw freshmen that needs to develop. He has talent. The supporting cast around him will get better. Quit turning a learning phase into an overnight star. Time and patience. Rookie mistakes, coaching mistakes but it happens.
It is college football it is the NFL farm league and it will get better with time.

We dominated Oklahoma

My criticism is more about the scheme and giving Nico more opportunities to succeed and build confidence. If the o-line cannot protect, the QB has to get rid of the ball quicker or run. As he takes more hits, his eye level is bound to drop from receivers to looking at where the pressure is coming. Not a recipe for success. This is on the o-line and coaching/scheming as much as Nico, IMO.

Arkansas is 2 plays away from being 6-0 and a top 10 team
Tennessee is just one play away from being 5-0 except that the $8 million dollar QB ran across the line of scrimmage and ran out of bounds as the clock ran out.

This team lacks leadership from the top and throughout the ranks. I’m sick of the excuses. The OL is putrid, QB play is appalling, and apparently the WR’s can’t get any separation against average DB’s.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

We dominated Oklahoma

Oh boy! Another True Fan thread. Yay.

Reactions: VolRage and vols 30
1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.+

Peyton was roundly booed in Neyland vs Memphis State his freshman year. I know, I was there. Talk shows constantly complained about “why wasn’t Brandon Stewart starting“ & “Manning playing because of his last name”.Playing QB requires thick skin.
Yep. As I recall didn’t Peyton have more interceptions than TD’s his freshman year? Seems to me like he learned a lot from that experience but maybe it’s just me.

It is ironic though that the AD increases tix prices 10% to pay for NIL and we get this performance. Might want to wait for a little more for success on the field.

It is ironic though that the AD increases tix prices 10% to pay for NIL and we get this performance. Might want to wait for a little more for success on the field.
If you wait to win to raise money, you will never win. Money is a prerequisite to winning

Most of the comments here are the blame game and looking for an excuse. Reality is what it is. We got beat. Never really recovered from the opening drive and had no answers or counters from it until the second half. A lot of rookie, young mistakes made by us.
To point at one play in the game's end is just foolish. Throw a hell mary, but we should never had been in that position to begin with by having to give up a touchdown to OK to get the ball back.

I think what most of y’all whiners are forgetting is that rebuilding is a 20 year process. Gotta remember we’re still in year 0. The 10% talent tax is a good step in the right direction. Trust the process.

First of all, I can understand being upset after a loss. But if you are not a player, coach, staffer, admin., etc. of the UT football program, then you have no right to be more upset at this loss than the players and coaches are. Some of you saying that this team caused you to lose money because you bet on the Vols. No, gambling is a risk you were apparently willing to take so that one’s on you. Next, I obviously don’t think UT played their best game last night. However, I don’t feel the need to bash on the players and coaches because I know they are more disappointed in this loss than I am. Sure, I can see mistakes they made, but I also realize that there’s nothing I can do to fix. There were missed blocks, missed tackles, penalties, game management errors, and sometimes Nico held on to the ball a little too long. But there’s nothing I can do to fix any of that. So I choose to support our guys. I know they realize the mistakes and that this loss is on them, but they don’t need to hear that some of you “fans” think they are overrated or not worth the NIL investments, etc. Nico, Sampson, and others sat at the table and faced the media’s questions and never did they say anything to deflect accountability or blame. 20 year old young men showing much more class and resolve than many of you “fans” on here. Honestly, how does this loss really impact YOU? Are you afraid that your co-workers, family members, friends, etc. may talk smack to you because the Vols lost one they shouldn’t have? Awww. If this is you, please return to your safe space and wait until next Saturday. Otherwise, calm down, don’t get your dress over your head, and get ready to support the Vols this Saturday. Trust that the players and coaches will correct the errors and mistakes and get the “dub” on Saturday. GBO!!!

First of all, I can understand being upset after a loss. But if you are not a player, coach, staffer, admin., etc. of the UT football program, then you have no right to be more upset at this loss than the players and coaches are. Some of you saying that this team caused you to lose money because you bet on the Vols. No, gambling is a risk you were apparently willing to take so that one’s on you. Next, I obviously don’t think UT played their best game last night. However, I don’t feel the need to bash on the players and coaches because I know they are more disappointed in this loss than I am. Sure, I can see mistakes they made, but I also realize that there’s nothing I can do to fix. There were missed blocks, missed tackles, penalties, game management errors, and sometimes Nico held on to the ball a little too long. I know they realize this and that this loss is on them, but they don’t need to hear that some of you “fans” think that they are overrated or not worth the NIL investments, etc. Nico, Sampson, and others sat at the table and faced the media’s questions and never did they say anything to deflect accountability or blame. 20 year old young men showing much more class and resolve than many of you “fans” on here. Honestly, how does this loss really impact YOU? Are you afraid that your co-workers, family members, friends, etc. may talk smack to you because the Vols lost one they shouldn’t have? Awww. If this is you, please return to your safe space and wait until next Saturday. Otherwise, calm down, don’t get your dress over your head, and get ready to support the Vols this Saturday. Trust that the players and coaches will correct the errors and mistakes and get the “dub” on Saturday. GBO!!!

VN Store

Back