Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

Money for food? Athletes are given food vouchers for the cafeteria. Which has damn good food. Everyone knows this.

Arian is a piece of garbage. This is the last thing we need right now.

I saw him drivin around campus in a pimped out Escalade plenty of times.

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Poor UT football players. Gimme a ****n break.

Reactions: 10 people
fuel to the fire imo

the 'AA is about to get bombarded to the point where they cant even investigate due to all the reports of payments under the table

this is the calm before the storm

Reactions: 2 people
Actually I think this is kind of a positive spin on the situation. He didn't have any money for food. An athlete has to eat. He did it out of necessity (at least at first). I don't think this is going to have any effect on the program.

I thought these guys get all the food they want as an athlete. My understanding is they eat like kings.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a sad reality in sports when a player knows he's breaking the "rules", but just wants to eat something. What is the NCAA going to say? They'll look bad if they crack down on a kid who took some money and food from a coach because he was hungry.

Edit: Even when I lived in the dorms, there were times when the cafeterias were closed and you have to go find food somewhere else like the Strip or whatever.

Last edited:
Foster is on point here. The NCAA is a bunch of crooks. The only people who aren't rich is the people who make them rich and they are flat broke for the most part.

That's not really the point. Yes, the NCAA is a bunch of crooks. But for now, they are still the governing body and have the power to impose sanctions on the program.

If you think the NCAA is going to let this slide, you are sorely mistaken.

Reactions: 2 people
Keep Gibbs cafeteria open 24/7....problem solved...

Or is that against state law or NCAA rules??

No idea, i heard a former athlete on the radio talking about that last week. May have been Swain? I really don't know.

It may be closed late at night. But they are open for 3 good meals a day. If that is his excuse for taking money, that is VERY lame. He would basically be saying I took money under the table for midnight snacks.

Reactions: 3 people
It may be closed late at night. But they are open for 3 good meals a day. If that is his excuse for taking money, that is VERY lame. He would basically be saying I took money under the table for midnight snacks.

You can't deny fourth meal. He should make a Taco Bell commercial.

Reactions: 6 people

I imagine he took more money than just that, but these are the only details he gave.

This alone doesn't seem like a very big thing.

But this combined with Kiffin's stuff and the Bray and Mo Couch story sure seems like a trend the last 6 years where we have had rules broken (and still sucked).

Hope NCAA doesn't decide to make an example of us.

they guy likely at the pregame meal in the late afternoon. He then played football for 3hrs and gets out at midnight. Acting like he would want nothing but a snack until breakfast is kinda ridiculous

I think Foster is very prideful and sometimes his arrogance gets him in trouble. Let's just hope his arrogance doesn't cost the school and football program another investigation.

I think that the statute of limitations on this has not only passed, it's lapped us.

Wow. Thanks Arian. Way to throw us under the bus and bring the NCAA knocking on our door. :mad:

This will not end well.:banghead2:

"But there's nothing wrong with it. And you're not going to convince me that there is something wrong with it."

What an idiot. Yes, there is something wrong with it. It's against the rules.

"I don't know if this will throw us into an NCAA investigation -- ". Umm, yes it will.

I doubt the NCAA will get after us for this. The money amounts are so small it's not worth the time and money for the investigation/trial.

Also, the NCAA is smart enough not to get involved in this case. If they find UT guilty, they are basically admitting that some players may be going hungry, and this will bring about more claims to compensate student athletes. Either way, the NCAA will lose money, so they'll stay out of it.

This alone doesn't seem like a very big thing.

But this combined with Kiffin's stuff and the Bray and Mo Couch story sure seems like a trend the last 6 years where we have had rules broken (and still sucked).

Hope NCAA doesn't decide to make an example of us.
What could they possibly do? Vacate all of our amazing wins when he was here? Prob take some scholarships, but hell, who cares anymore.

VN Store

Back