Army to overhaul its fitness test for the first time since 1980

Every youth sport I played in Knoxville for very young (5-8yo) gave them out. Same as today and I have no issue with it.
I don't care either way I have just never understood the practice. Our kids got them and they/we couldn't tell you where 1 of them is at.

Every youth sport I played in Knoxville for very young (5-8yo) gave them out. Same as today and I have no issue with it.
Different at 5-8 vs. now when the format of sports has been broken up into divisions to make more money. Feel good at 5-8 because of effort does not need to be rewarded at 12-18 the same. You lost, go get better if you don't like the result.

Different at 5-8 vs. now when the format of sports has been broken up into divisions to make more money. Feel good at 5-8 because of effort does not need to be rewarded at 12-18 the same. You lost, go get better if you don't like the result.
Well you didn't specify what kids meant. That usually means a younger age not teens. I'm around lots of sports and don't see that happen

Unsure what "divisions" means as kids could always choose a league by skill level. I played travel in some sports and house in others.

I’m out now, but I did two practice tests with the suggested new standards and it’s way easier. The hand release push ups and sprint drag carry were the hardest, but basically anyone could pass with minimal training.
I hadn't done PT in over 2 years and easily passed.

Now the sprint, drag, carry f'd my legs up lol

Reactions: tntar heel
Lol @ physical fitness tests in the military.

Love,

USAF Vet.
USAF version of the run portion of APFT was jump in golf cart from barracks to mess hall and was pass/fail on whether all parties arrived in a timely manner for their reservation. :)

Reactions: hog88
Lol at anyone other than pilots in the AF claiming to be military (and PJs)
spaceballs-space.gif

VN Store

Back