Army to overhaul its fitness test for the first time since 1980

The point is that the military doesn't run the country, the people (in theory) through their elected representatives do. Hence the people have input into military functions, so to tell someone to go away with their opinion if they haven't served is misguided.
The level of entitlement of these military folks...

Not a single one of them in my lifetime has fought for my freedoms. They've fought, at best, for geo-political leverage. At worst, for corporate or private interests.

They are the biggest useful idiots sometimes. They really do think they are serving Main Street America bombing and killing halfway across the globe.

I wonder where General Neyland came up with his Maxims. Ever think about that?

Duty, honor, country. Teamwork with a deeper meaning, because soldiers die without each other. Football is just a game.
So to be clear... are you talking football (a kid's game) or something much bigger???

The US military does not work for the “people” it defends the country and constitution. Even if that means it has to defend it from “the people”.
And when in the hell has the US military fought a war that was existential to the US or in defense of the US Constitution in your lifetime? Where the F were they during C-19?

Enlisted Oath:
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the
United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic
; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Officer Oath:
I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

Thanks... you just proved my point.

Seems like we just have military folks that want to grandstand and virtue signal. The entitlement is strong in these folks...

That’s good but they need to do away with the different standards for the sexes. Same pay should mean same standards.
Dadgumit!!! Another thing we agree on despite being mutually disagreeable! This has to stop, slopper!

Seems like we just have military folks that want to grandstand and virtue signal. The entitlement is strong in these folks...
Interesting. Grandstanding? Hardly, but I will defend those words you seem to mock. You condemned something that is very special and important to the vast majority of military people as basically being nothing. It is not virtue signaling or anything like that. Until you have had friends killed in the service of that dusty old document that you seem to like to poo poo, you will never get it. They didn't ask for your approval. The one thing that (Col Jessup's character) really got right, and gets put down for by people like you is this:

"We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

You don't understand, and you never will.

And I'll stand by for your parsing of the phrase "... of the very freedom that I provide..." It IS a punchline to you.

Interesting. Grandstanding? Hardly, but I will defend those words you seem to mock. You condemned something that is very special and important to the vast majority of military people as basically being nothing. It is not virtue signaling or anything like that. Until you have had friends killed in the service of that dusty old document that you seem to like to poo poo, you will never get it. They didn't ask for your approval. The one thing that (Col Jessup's character) really got right, and gets put down for by people like you is this:
When have we ever fought a war in either of our lifetimes that was in defense of the Constitution?

"We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
When do you give me or anyone else freedom? Govt (man) only limits freedom. I thought this country was based on these being "inalienable" rights?

I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
Thank you for what? Let me ask you, where were these defenders of freedom in 2020 when small business owners were being shut down while Walmart and Home Depot were allowed to remain open? Where were these defenders of freedoms at when cities were being burned down? When elections were being stolen? When the POTUS mandated an experimental jab?

You don't understand, and you never will.
I firmly understand what the founding principles are. Fighting in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq or anywhere else halfway around the world while our borders are open is not part of those principles.

And I'll stand by for your parsing of the phrase "... of the very freedom that I provide..." It IS a punchline to you.
"inalienable"

The level of entitlement of these military folks...

Not a single one of them in my lifetime has fought for my freedoms. They've fought, at best, for geo-political leverage. At worst, for corporate or private interests.

They are the biggest useful idiots sometimes. They really do think they are serving Main Street America bombing and killing halfway across the globe.

You spout nonsense, Ace. The U.S. military is an arm of the government, and does not fight for corporate or private interests. It's interesting
how the people who liked to style themselves as "patriots" for so long are suddenly not patriotic at all. I wonder why. The U.S. certainly does have geostrategic interests---always has and always will. You don't know what you're talking about.

When have we ever fought a war in either of our lifetimes that was in defense of the Constitution?

When do you give me or anyone else freedom? Govt (man) only limits freedom. I thought this country was based on these being "inalienable" rights?

Thank you for what? Let me ask you, where were these defenders of freedom in 2020 when small business owners were being shut down while Walmart and Home Depot were allowed to remain open? Where were these defenders of freedoms at when cities were being burned down? When elections were being stolen? When the POTUS mandated an experimental jab?

I firmly understand what the founding principles are. Fighting in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq or anywhere else halfway around the world while our borders are open is not part of those principles.

"inalienable"

More nonsense from the board's most conspicuous crackpot. Take your meds, dude, and stop embarrassing yourself.

You spout nonsense, Ace. The U.S. military is an arm of the government, and does not fight for corporate or private interests. It's interesting
how the people who liked to style themselves as "patriots" for so long are suddenly not patriotic at all. I wonder why. The U.S. certainly does have geostrategic interests---always has and always will. You don't know what you're talking about.

Listen King of nonsense, if you don’t believe that our government uses the military at the behest of corporate interests you are a fool.

Listen King of nonsense, if you don’t believe that our government uses the military at the behest of corporate interests you are a fool.
I wonder what he thinks those geostrategic interests are, and where they stem from?

why is keeping China out of Taiwan and away from controlling the SEA straights important? Business.

why was it important for us to go back to Iraq? oil.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
A certain good looking former Governor of SC is the perfect example. I am embarrassed that several years ago I supported her and thought she might be the perfect VP candidate for Trump or whomever the Republicans nominated this cycle. Since she got in bed with the MIC (she must stay there) she has openly called for military action against China, Russia, Iran, Hamas, NK...literally anyone we could waste trillions in blood and treasure on. It has been astounding to see...and I have zero faith in politicians to begin with. I think her insanely hawkish behavior cost her a future in politics altogether. She let her donors/MIC talk her into staying in a race that was a foregone conclusion until she got destroyed in her HOME state. She lost the county she lives in and claims as home base to Trump. Theres no coming back from that.

Nobody listened when our own CIC told the world that the greatest threat to our future was the MIC...in the speech where he coined the phrase. We have been paying for it ever since in places like Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back