Army to overhaul its fitness test for the first time since 1980

Where exactly in the constitution does it define where a federal army answers to the civilian population in their chain of command? The military is under civilian control but not answerable to ā€œthe peopleā€ directly as you are implying.
The CIC is elected by the people, comrade.

No **** Sherlock. But as I said the military answers to the CIC not the people. And youā€™re pulling a major stretch Armstrong to imply otherwise.
The point is that the military doesn't run the country, the people (in theory) through their elected representatives do. Hence the people have input into military functions, so to tell someone to go away with their opinion if they haven't served is misguided.

The point is that the military doesn't run the country, the people (in theory) through their elected representatives do. Hence the people have input into military functions, so to tell someone to go away with their opinion if they haven't served is misguided.
Actually your ā€œpointā€ was the constitution states the military is under command of ā€œthe peopleā€. From this post itā€™s good to see youā€™ve backed totally away from that jack wagon assertion.

Actually your ā€œpointā€ was the constitution states the military is under command of ā€œthe peopleā€. From this post itā€™s good to see youā€™ve backed totally away from that jack wagon assertion.
'The people' meaning civilians. It's not difficult. No reversal.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
'The people' meaning civilians. It's not difficult. No reversal.
Lol that is absolutely not what you implied youā€™re crawfishing and you know it.

Youā€™re entitled to whatever opinion on military leadership you like. Just like any vet is entitled to think you have no relevant experience base to have a valid opinion and can tell you to take yourself and your opinion on a long distance hike.

And like I said the military chief isnā€™t elected by ā€œthe peopleā€ Never has been. The POTUS/CIC has always been elected by the electoral college. See I can parse too! Difference is my parsing is actually correct!

Lol that is absolutely not what you implied youā€™re crawfishing and you know it.

Youā€™re entitled to whatever opinion on military leadership you like. Just like any vet is entitled to think you have no relevant experience base to have a valid opinion and can tell you to take yourself and your opinion on a long distance hike.

And like I said the military chief isnā€™t elected by ā€œthe peopleā€ Never has been. The POTUS/CIC has always been elected by the electoral college. See I can parse too! Difference is my parsing is actually correct!
Whatever floats your boat.

The military works for the people, no?
...... your point?

My point has nothing to do with that.

I wonder where General Neyland came up with his Maxims. Ever think about that?

Duty, honor, country. Teamwork with a deeper meaning, because soldiers die without each other. Football is just a game.

...... your point?

My point has nothing to do with that.

I wonder where General Neyland came up with his Maxims. Ever think about that?

Duty, honor, country. Teamwork with a deeper meaning, because soldiers die without each other. Football is just a game.
If you'd read the thead you'd see the point.

If you'd read the thead you'd see the point.

The US military does not work for the ā€œpeopleā€ it defends the country and constitution. Even if that means it has to defend it from ā€œthe peopleā€.

Enlisted Oath:

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Officer Oath:

I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."

The US military does not work for the ā€œpeopleā€ it defends the country and constitution. Even if that means it has to defend it from ā€œthe peopleā€.

Enlisted Oath:

Officer Oath:
I must have missed it. It has to be there. Could you point out to me where it says ā€œand I pinky promise to do whatever the people demand of meā€? Surely itā€™s there.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back