Athlon predicts the results of UT's season....

I'm not seeing it.

Go compare the rosters based on talent.

USCe lost 5 O starters and 6 D starters... on a team led clearly by its D.

USCe is replacing their LB's and a DB or two. I believe they lost a DT as well. I think two OL's are gone. They lost their top two RB's. Neal and Lane combined for more yards last year than all of their returning RB's combined. They do not project at this point to start a WR who is taller than 5'9".

All in all six of their top ten tacklers are gone. Four of the 8 guys with an INT last year are gone. About half of their sack production is gone.

You are a pretty reasonable guy so we may just disagree on this... but it pretty much comes down to how badly you think Dooley underperformed the talent on last year's team. I know what was lost but I am talking about what returns. Do you believe it was just a little on D or ALOT like I do? Do you believe the OL and RB's should have produced more or is that a real reflection of their talent?

Because it's not there. It only exists in the minds of the Dooley defenders. They have to prop him up. Sjt is trying to do so with stealth. You see if Jones win then he'll say it was due to Dooley's players.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Still lying I see.

If Jones wins it will be because he can take talent (several of whom were EE's when Dooley arrived), coach past weaknesses, coach up young players, and then outcoach the guy across the field from him. Yes. He will win, or lose, with players signed by Dooley. So what? Is recognizing even that simple fact too difficult for you? Does it really bother you that Dooley might have signed some players that HE could not coach up but that might still have enough talent for a good coach to win with?

You are continuing to make yourself look just utterly stupid. You can search my posts. I said after USCe... BEFORE Troy, Mizzou, and Vandy... and LONG before Hart and the "powers that be" gave up on him that Dooley should be fired so a new coach could be in place the day after the last game. Your continued idiocy about me being a "Dooley defender" is pretty much completely shown to be a lie by that alone... besides the numerous other things I have said.

they've gone 11-2 for two straight seasons.

What's that have to do with 2013? This team is not as talented as 2011 or 2012

They lost Taylor,Lattimore,Miles,Sanders, Cunningham, Swearinger, Auguste or whatever his name was, and Hollomon. Those are just the one I can think of. There is a few more LBs and Lineman.All of those besides Clowney and Shaw were their better players. Explain to me how they are more talented overall in 2013.

Anyone that don't think we go 14-0 is not a true fan! :)

:crazy: yeah, that's the way to think. Us true fans have already won the NC for this coming year. We want get curbed stomped by Oregon or Alabama or Florida this year. All our players are supermen.....yeah that way of thinking will win all our games cause we are true fans believing in our team. Hey bar keep......I'll have what he's drinking tonight.

Last edited:
This team will not be very good. I've stated and restated why. But again, if only for S's and G's

Concerns:
No QB experience
No proven playmakers
Questionable--at best--defense, Lack of depth on DL, LB and DB.
New schemes
No pass rush
No team speed
SEC schedule

Strengths:
Top-5 OL in country
Good starting DL
Improved coaching
......?

[-__-]

I love optimism but c'mon fellas. Dooley or Vince Lombardi, this team will struggle.

Please, Vols, prove me wrong. I just don't see it. And just because I don't see a good team this year, or next, doesn't mean my expectations for years after are tempered. We are in good hands.

:crazy: yeah, that's the way to think. Us true fans have already won the NC for this coming year. We want get curbed stomped by Oregon or Alabama or Florida this year. All our players are supermen.....yeah that way of thinking will win all our games cause we are true fans believing in our team. Hey bar keep......I'll have what he's drinking tonight.

You got to love his optimism though.

Make it a double. I'm down with 14-0

There's a whole lot of people underestimating Tennessee this year, including the faithful. If 6/6 is the over under, put me down for WAY over, and see you at the end of the year.

Tennessee can go 14-0 this year if the coaches know what they are doing and the players want to more than the opposing players we can win it all this year. No doubt about it.

As I sit in my living room listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on sacd piped through my Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's, Deftech Supercube 2, and Carver Amp/Preamp ..... I got to thinking. (As this album will make you do if your listening to it the right way)

With the expectations where they are for this team, what is it going to feel like if we knock off a Florida, SC, Georgia?

I'll answer....Damn Good!

Last edited:
They were. I live in Missouri, have a vested interest in the school, and have followed them more closely for longer than probably anyone here.

Missouri at their best was barely a second tier Big 12 school. They are a very long way from being a good team in the SEC.

Not sure I care or why it is relevant. If UT has not hired a coach that is better than Dooley then they've hired the wrong guy. That's kind of been my point arguing with these 6-6 people all along. If you standard is Dooley at 6-6 then you should be fine with Jones at 6-6. If you think Dooley is some kind of dog that hasn't been kicked enough for failing at UT then how on earth do you justify a result from Jones that is no better than what Dooley did?

You live In Missouri?

That explains everything.

As I sit in my living room listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on sacd piped through my Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's, Deftech Supercube 2, and Carver Amp/Preamp ..... I got to thinking. (As this album will make you do if your listening to it the right way)

With the expectations where they are for this team, what is it going to feel like if we knock off a Florida, SC, Georgia?

I'll answer....Damn Good!

You're high as $&@) right now....lololol

I think if Jones is as good as we all hope he is then he should take us to 7 regular season wins.

If we win less, it doesn't mean we are doomed to failure, but I don't think you can be as confident either way. I think we beat the Cocks and lose to Missouri and go 7-5.

Vandy is also working in a new QB, with a less than average OL it is going to make the QB struggle. RB was basically a backup, and is Memphis native going to take over? The strengths are basically the WR's but they have to get the ball before they can get the YAK. The DL is only average but the LB crew can hold its own, DB are nothing to brag about but the soft schedule is.

Last edited:
Anyone think that the OLine or DLine is big and bad enough to hurt other teams in the SEC? In other words, not just block or attempt a pass rush, but on Sunday morning will other SEC players be saying "Who the heck were those guys"???

If so, then batting over .500 for the regular season is a real possibility.

Why not?

He was a national championship winning coach that went 0-11 in year one then won 8-9 games the next couple of years.

Why not? Because it doesn't fit his argument. QB is so important to an o's success. Can't just run the ball only in big time d 1 football. This team will suffer with any injuries because of depth especially in that five game stretch. 6-6 is not the norm for expectation as he gets more talent if he can continue to recruit on this level and get top linemen as well. Also will have more than one offseason to work with them.

If we are still going 6-6 in 2015 and 16, we will have a problem. I don't believe that will happen.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with these picks. We went 5-7 last year with a much stronger offense. I watched the orange and white game again last night, the offense better improve vastly during the Austin Peay and the Western Kentucky games because if not, this could be one ugly season...And don't forget, CBJ went 4-8 in his first season at Cincy. This is the true definition of a rebuilding year.

Anyone think that the OLine or DLine is big and bad enough to hurt other teams in the SEC? In other words, not just block or attempt a pass rush, but on Sunday morning will other SEC players be saying "Who the heck were those guys"???

If so, then batting over .500 for the regular season is a real possibility.

I like what you said...make the other team feel worse for playing you..bring the fight and leave it as a gift
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't see anything wrong with these picks. We went 5-7 last year with a much stronger offense. I watched the orange and white game again last night, the offense better improve vastly during the Austin Peay and the Western Kentucky games because if not, this could be one ugly season...And don't forget, CBJ went 4-8 in his first season at Cincy. This is the true definition of a rebuilding year.

We are limited on offense but to make assumptions based on the O W Game is too much. We were missing a ton of guys. Plus nobody ever looks amazing in the spring game. We didn't have Croom,Carter,Tiny,Downs,any of the incoming offensive players and King was injured very early and never came back. On defense obviously there was no Riyahd Jones, Hood or Maggitt. Too many of our better players did not even participate in that game and I'm sure I'm missing a few. This is a rebuilding year but we are underestimating a little bit.

VN Store

Back