Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rose despite him going to Memphis, and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I understand that a knee injury in basketball is tricky as hell. I understand no knee injury is the same. However, seeing Iman Shumpert tears his knee basically the same way Rose did at the same time, come back in late January/early February and play just as well has me asking questions. I defended him in February/March, but it's getting harder.

But again, it's not my career.

he doesnt want to come back until hes 110%. i bet Joakim Noah appreciates that while hes out there busting his ass playing with plantar fascistic. its a team sport and your team is in the playoffs, go join em.

I'm interested in that Dr. J documentary.

Some of his ABA stories are apocryphal.

Julius Erving was my favorite player as a kid, and is still my favorite basketball player of all time by a wide margin. Rock the baby.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzq7e86m_W4[/youtube]

Paul badly wanted to be drafted by the Hawks out of college. Of course, the Hawks took Marvin Williams instead. Maybe he still wants to be in the east.

He'll almost certainly stay in LA for more money, but that team is a dead end.

Tough to hold that pick against the Hawks. They obviously saw something that told them Marvin was going to be the top 50 player that he is today.

That's what is tought about the NBA. If you are small market, you might have one shot (or several if you are the Thunder) of making yourself a legitimate contender through the draft. And if your management blows it, you are screwed. NBA teams should be a lot more cut-throat in their GM choices.

Pretty good deal when you can start watching hockey seriously for the first time and jump on the bandwagon of the best team of the last 20 years.

Bingo.

The weirdest thing for me is I grew cheering for the Red Wings religiously. Steve Yzerman, and Federov were my heroes. Chris Osgood was my dude. Then the Preds moved in my back yard and I gradually and fully converted to the point were I hardly even keep up with the Wings anymore.

@ESPNStatsInfo: 25 years ago today, Michael Jordan scored 55 pts in a playoff game vs Cavaliers.

This was one of 5 times he scored 55+ in postseason

Also I check out of this thread and y'all instantly start talking about the proper way to give a reach around. SMH. Y'all been spending too much time in the Jason Collins thread.

Bingo.

The weirdest thing for me is I grew cheering for the Red Wings religiously. Steve Yzerman, and Federov were my heroes. Chris Osgood was my dude. Then the Preds moved in my back yard and I gradually and fully converted to the point were I hardly even keep up with the Wings anymore.

My favorite non-injury hockey story is that Federov was slacking on defense and lollygagging back, and Bowman got pissed. So, as a punishment, Bowman puts Fedorov on the back line. Except Fedorov not only loved it, he became their best defensemen for two months.

My favorite non-injury hockey story is that Federov was slacking on defense and lollygagging back, and Bowman got pissed. So, as a punishment, Bowman puts Fedorov on the back line. Except Fedorov not only loved it, he became their best defensemen for two months.

Fedorov was one of the best two-way players I've ever seen. Peter Forsberg, also.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Big game at the Y tonight. Say Dbake, would you happen to know where a man might find some deer antler spray? Asking for a friend.

Before the season started I would have suggested you ask D to check with Gio for that but, judging by the few times I've seen him on the hill this year, I think he's all out.

Big game at the Y tonight. Say Dbake, would you happen to know where a man might find some deer antler spray? Asking for a friend.

*throws hands up because he isn't sure*

ray-lewis-deer-antler-spray.jpg

Wasn't there a pitcher a few years ago that had to go on the DL for anxiety/depression brought on from withdrawals after he quit dipping?

Wasn't there a pitcher a few years ago that had to go on the DL for anxiety/depression brought on from withdrawals after he quit dipping?

Ok, so an Internet search tells me that it was Pete Harnisch . . . 15 years ago. That's a few, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back