Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no problem at all with a kid who supports his old man's teams. Sort of brings a tear to my eye in fact. If only Verc Junior feels the same way someday.

It took me a while to come around. I was about 16-17 when I basically adopted them. He tried but I never took. The Red Wings/Pistons were good, but I liked individual players in the NBA and hockey meant nothing to me. The NFL I just watched for fun. I wanted to cheer for a group of teams in one city instead of just choosing different teams everywhere and I figured my dad and I could share something like the Detroit teams.

And eventually Verc Jr. will come around.

I would ask more about how that ahole Verc offended another member of our tribe right about now but I should probably just go to sleep, so I'll just commend you on your appropriately thick skin for this thread!

He basically wanted to burn the University of Michigan. My family, as Verc previously stated, was collateral damage.

My dad's an Auburn fan....f*** that!

My boy is almost certainly going to tell me one day that he's going to UGA. The in/out of state tuition stuff means that he won't go to UTK, which is where he thinks he's going to go now. He won't go to Tech because there aren't any girls. So eventually he's going to tell me he's going to UGA.

I'm going to take him to dinner and tell him to forget his old man's team and throw himself into rooting for his school. It's too much fun to do anything else.

I shat on the Michigan Wolverines. ZJC's family was unfortunate collateral damage.

Ahh, yes, I do recall that now. I've always gone with the lesser of two evils and thought of it as OSU vs Mich. and I so hate OSU way more than UM so I never really had a problem with the Wolverines.

Nah, my friend's aunt is only like 32....although to Z that probably is a cougar

That's 12 years. Although the thought of me bringing home a 32 year old to my Southern Baptist family makes me LOL hard.

My boy is almost certainly going to tell me one day that he's going to UGA. The in/out of state tuition stuff means that he won't go to UTK, which is where he thinks he's going to go now. He won't go to Tech because there aren't any girls. So eventually he's going to tell me he's going to UGA.

I'm going to take him to dinner and tell him to forget his old man's team and throw himself into rooting for his school. It's too much fun to do anything else.

Damn Verc, you almost brought a tear to my eye

He might get something for being a legacy kid, but I'm not sure how much. But you are right. If he goes to UGA, he should cheer for them. But dear God, I hate Georgia.

My ex was 35, 7 years my senior.

Well, 6.5

I always thought once you got to 25 that it didn't really matter if you dated someone older.

I dated someone about 2.5 years old than me in high school and that was a big deal.

He basically wanted to burn the University of Michigan. My family, as Verc previously stated, was collateral damage.

Your dad never went to Michigan so I feel like I can cheerfully tee off all I want on them. Screw everything about all those aholes.

Buying into the Wings is okay as long as you're buying the Pistons/Lions too. But hey wait, how'd you feel about the Braves/Tigers series?

Your dad never went to Michigan so I feel like I can cheerfully tee off all I want on them. Screw everything about all those aholes.

Buying into the Wings is okay as long as you're buying the Pistons/Lions too. But hey wait, how'd you feel about the Braves/Tigers series?

He was absent from the Braves thread, i think he was secretly pulling for Detroit

Even though I am 32, you're right, to coach Z that's ancient.

I remember being 24 years old, living in DC, and working with a 31 year old girl who, you know, went out and had a good time at bars and such, and I though it was sort of pathetic because she was obviously ancient and couldn't accept how old she was. She was THIRTY ONE. Young people suck.

1) About the Michigan thing, I got no problem. He thought about Michigan, but a free education at the United States Coast Guard Academy was too enticing.

2) I am a fan of the Lions/Pistons. They are #1. My dad did tell me "The Wings use to suck and were known as chokers. Don't expect this forever."

3) I cheered for the Braves. The Braves are my #1 team in all of sports. I always cheer for the Tigers, they are my AL team (although, in about five years, that's not going to matter anymore), but Braves are #1. I've liked them since I was 3. My pappaw introduced me to them. They hold a dear place in my heart. They were my first team.

I always thought once you got to 25 that it didn't really matter if you dated someone older.

I dated someone about 2.5 years old than me in high school and that was a big deal.

I liked having an older gf, but i felt weird when she was around my friends lol. Even though she actually knew them before i did lol

He might get something for being a legacy kid, but I'm not sure how much. But you are right. If he goes to UGA, he should cheer for them. But dear God, I hate Georgia.

I'm unaware that UT gives anything to legacies. He already wants to go there, to the point that he wants to drive around campus when we're up in Knoxville, but I just can't see any way that the money will make sense. I can't pay three times as much money to go to a crappier school. It sucks.

I liked having an older gf, but i felt weird when she was around my friends lol. Even though she actually knew them before i did lol

I dated for three years. My friends knew her quite well actually (they both had siblings that graduated with her, and there was only 20 in that graduating class, I'm a small private, Christian school kid), but we never hung out as a group. I made that decision early, and it worked out great.

I remember being 24 years old, living in DC, and working with a 31 year old girl who, you know, went out and had a good time at bars and such, and I though it was sort of pathetic because she was obviously ancient and couldn't accept how old she was. She was THIRTY ONE. Young people suck.

I strongly resemble this remark, right down to the living in (around) DC at 24 after UT part of the comment.

I'm unaware that UT gives anything to legacies. He already wants to go there, to the point that he wants to drive around campus when we're up in Knoxville, but I just can't see any way that the money will make sense. I can't pay three times as much money to go to a crappier school. It sucks.

A little bit, but not much I believe. At least that's that the impression I'm under.

And it does. It's almost fiscally impossible to go out of school unless A) You're a genius or B) Super rich.

I wanted to go out of state for school and expand but I could barely afford UT if I went without taking out loans, let alone out of state.

My ex went to Baylor University. She was valedictorian of her class, and was really well rounded. Graduated with like a 4.4 all honors classes or whatever. She got 22K in scholarships. Still cost her 17K a year. It's absolutely crazy.

3) I cheered for the Braves. The Braves are my #1 team in all of sports. I always cheer for the Tigers, they are my AL team (although, in about five years, that's not going to matter anymore), but Braves are #1. I've liked them since I was 3. My pappaw introduced me to them. They hold a dear place in my heart. They were my first team.

1. All UTK sports are personal in a way that no pro sports will ever be
2. Braves
3. Caps
4. Falcons
5. Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back