Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the rule on that, anyway?

I was kind of joking but, and I'm far from an authority on the matter, I remember when I was in high school it was supposed to be a form of communication. One theory was that it was code for drug dealing; one leg (no clue which) up meant holding and the opposite meant buying. The other one I remember, and actually think that if either of them were true it might be this, was that in prison it was an identifier of your gang nation affiliation, Folks or Peoples.

I have no clue if either one had any truth to them or if the're both BS. Maybe GWN could shed some light on this actually?

In the non-surpising news column, if you look, you may find Otis Nixon's latest mug shot. Nabbed for packing a crack pipe.

AHJ2_nixon__otis.JPG

@Braves: Tonight's lineup at CIN (7:10, SS/ESPN/680AM/BRN): BUpton 8 CJohnson 5 JUpton 9 Freeman 3 Gattis 7 McCann 2 Uggla 4 Simmons 6 Maholm 1

Be afraid Nati.

GA and VERC.

Looks like the Titans might be signing John Abraham. I looked at his stats and they were pretty nice last season. What are y'all's opinions in regard to how much is left in the proverbial tank?

GA and VERC.

Looks like the Titans might be signing John Abraham. I looked at his stats and they were pretty nice last season. What are y'all's opinions in regard to how much is left in the proverbial tank?

Health is always the question with Abe. His ankle is/was the most recent issue. But if healthy, and used in a rotation, he can still be quite good imo.

Health is always the question with Abe. His ankle is/was the most recent issue. But if healthy, and used in a rotation, he can still be quite good imo.

Yeah 10 sacks and 6 FF last year is pretty impressive. I think he is wanting a mint. Which makes me nervous with his age, and the injuries you mention.

Yeah 10 sacks and 6 FF last year is pretty impressive. I think he is wanting a mint. Which makes me nervous with his age, and the injuries you mention.

He may be wanting a lot, but I think he's just not ready to retire yet. He wants to be in Atlanta, but Nashville may be the next best place that's not a unanimous contender.

I think we are ready to see what the other guys can do, but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

GA and VERC.

He still has flashes of being really good, but it's a crapshoot how much he will play. I don't think he's worth a significant chunk of money anymore, other than to a team that thinks it's one pass rusher short of a title run and is willing to roll the dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back