Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there is a super logical explanation for it, especially in non-big-name-coaching fields, but the whole "gets another head coaching job, still gets money for doing terrible job at last one" thing annoys me.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sure there is a super logical explanation for it, especially in non-big-name-coaching fields, but the whole "gets another head coaching job, still gets money for doing terrible job at last one" thing annoys me.

True, though if you remember correctly Notre Dame was kind of forced into that contract after his name started coming up with NFL jobs after 2 BCS bowls and a couple of top recruiting classes
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Id buy close to forced if it was a really small school with a star coach. Not Notre Dame.

dan_lebatard.jpg

Lebatard is a clown. Attention whore.

I know we all believe Gattis is the next big thing, but I have missed Mac. I'm glad he's healthy and back.

"I had no idea I would be the only one not to vote LeBron" has nothing to do with it.

Scotty, I thought the Grizz had it yesterday. That shot by Durant was so cold tho. You'll win game 2.

Scotty, I thought the Grizz had it yesterday. That shot by Durant was so cold tho. You'll win game 2.

Despite their poor play they shoudve won. Durant is cold blooded. He is a closer. Tip of the cap, I'm not too worried about it. I like our chances at taking the series. But I can't ever hate on Durant. He is exceptional and won that game for them. I still think he is going to go down as one of the best ever. He abused Tayshaun, Not sure how much TP has left in the tank.

Despite their poor play they shoudve won. Durant is cold blooded. He is a closer. Tip of the cap, I'm not too worried about it. I like our chances at taking the series. But I can't ever hate on Durant. He is exceptional and won that game for them. I still think he is going to go down as one of the best ever. He abused Tayshaun, Not sure how much TP has left in the tank.

TP can guard physical players, but not long athletic players like he use to in 2004 and 2006 (when he shut down Kobe, Pierce, LeBron, etc.). He's your best chance though. I would use Marc more offensively because he can just abuse Perkins.

TP can guard physical players, but not long athletic players like he use to in 2004 and 2006 (when he shut down Kobe, Pierce, LeBron, etc.). He's your best chance though. I would use Marc more offensively because he can just abuse Perkins.

Oh yeah, that the difference. The post players of OKC can't check Gasol or Zbo. Marc Gasol despite winning DPOY is still so underrated. He is a great basketball player on both ends of the court. His game is as close to complete as you can get, especially for his position.

If you were building a team and knew you would have a solid coach + a few other good players, not just "take superstar hope he scores a lot," Gasol might be the 4th or 5th guy chosen.

Oh yeah, that the difference. The post players of OKC can't check Gasol or Zbo. Marc Gasol despite winning DPOY is still so underrated. He is a great basketball player on both ends of the court. His game is as close to complete as you can get, especially for his position.

This Grizz teams reminds me of the Pistons 2004 team so much. Other than a Rip Hamilton type scorer, they are basically the same team. Detroit was better defensively, but Memphis is better in the low post offensively by miles.

And even though LeBron was my DPOY, I love his all around game. He's the best center in the league. He's one of the most complete players in the game. It's incredible how much **** the Grizz took for the Pau Gasol trade...and it's worked perfectly.

If you were building a team and knew you would have a solid coach + a few other good players, not just "take superstar hope he scores a lot," Gasol might be the 4th or 5th guy chosen.

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Gasol
5. Healthy Rondo

I mean, in that situation, that'd be the top five right?

This Grizz teams reminds me of the Pistons 2004 team so much. Other than a Rip Hamilton type scorer, they are basically the same team. Detroit was better defensively, but Memphis is better in the low post offensively by miles.

And even though LeBron was my DPOY, I love his all around game. He's the best center in the league. He's one of the most complete players in the game. It's incredible how much **** the Grizz took for the Pau Gasol trade...and it's worked perfectly.

I agree that they are similar. RIP was so good at creating space and shots. I really wish the Griz had a player like that on the current roster. That Detroit defense was a monster. (A young) R. Wallace and Zbo have some similarities as well.

I still like D Wade a lot, but probably. There are a few PGs you could make the case for being there. Depends on how much you take age into account. Or if you're just saying "at their best for a couple of years."

I agree that they are similar. RIP was so good at creating space and shots. I really wish the Griz had a player like that on the current roster. That Detroit defense was a monster. (A young) R. Wallace and Zbo have some similarities as well.

It's too bad Rudy couldn't adjust. That's the role he should have played, instead he got too caught up in the isolation crap that the media plays. A guy who takes open 3's, attacks the basket, comes around screens for open jumpers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back