Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uggla hr/fb%ing the hell out of em today.

Also.

THE WORST ROOM

Lol. Thats the way it is in the city. Especially Manhattan, if you want to live close you have to pay. I lived in a one bedroom way out in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn which was a good 45 minute commute via rail to Manhattan and that was $1650.00. Which was an absolute steal. Then I lived across the Hudson in Hoboken which was a 5 minute commute into Manhattan and that was much more, but had roommates to offset.

Uggla hr/fb%ing the hell out of em today.

Also.

THE WORST ROOM

My mortgage for a four-bedroom, three-bathroom house in what is considered "in town" in Atlanta is about the same as this.

tumblr_mmgoep48PH1spj6p2o1_400.jpg

My mortgage four a four-bedroom, three-bathroom house in what is considered "in town" in Atlanta is about the same as this.

tumblr_mmgoep48PH1spj6p2o1_400.jpg

Well, that is in the East Village of Manhattan, which is a great area, very trendy and is one of the few places on the island outside of Central Park that has real trees lining the streets... and that is actually a really good deal for that area. Hell, that building may even have a doorman.

Well, that is in the East Village of Manhattan, which is a great area, very trendy and is one of the few places on the island outside of Central Park that has real trees lining the streets... and that is actually a really good deal for that area. Hell, that building may even have a doorman.

Don't get me wrong; I love visiting New York. But I can't understand why anyone over the age of about 23 would think that being some place "very trendy" would be worth living like that. That's how people live in Bangladesh, not when they're well off in the US.

YEAH BUT I CAN WALK TO THE CUTEST SHOPS AND HOTTEST CLUBS

Don't get me wrong; I love visiting New York. But I can't understand why anyone over the age of about 23 would think that being some place "very trendy" would be worth living like that. That's how people live in Bangladesh, not when they're well off in the US.

YEAH BUT I CAN WALK TO THE CUTEST SHOPS AND HOTTEST CLUBS

That's pretty much all single people with money do old man...

A friend of ours used to live on the Upper East Side in what I would consider to be a minimal arrangement for decent adult living -- one bedroom, one living room, a tiny kitchen, a tiny bathroom. It was decent but not particularly lavish or anything. She was a highly paid lawyer at a prestigious firm and that's all she could comfortably afford.

I get that really young people are willing to live in shoeboxes in order to be close to All The Action, but holy damn it seems like that would get old fast.

why'd ya leave, scotty brah?

Tennessee is home man, living up there takes years off your life. People on top of people and traffic at every hour of the day. It was fun and I would consider moving back but not forever. Its a 24/7 grind and too expensive. I love New York City but its definitely not for everyone though, and it'll wear on ya over time.

A friend of ours used to live on the Upper East Side in what I would consider to be a minimal arrangement for decent adult living -- one bedroom, one living room, a tiny kitchen, a tiny bathroom. It was decent but not particularly lavish or anything. She was a highly paid lawyer at a prestigious firm and that's all she could comfortably afford.

I get that really young people are willing to live in shoeboxes in order to be close to All The Action, but holy damn it seems like that would get old fast.

Being rich, 20 something, and single would never get old.

And that is the Upper East Side, which is nice but in terms of living in Manhattan that is not exactly where all the action is.

I'm always amazed at some of the chit holes that still have a damn doorman in that city.

Good to see some runs and good pitching even though the Braves scored 5 runs late to win over the Reds 7-2 and take the "rubber game."

Reason #64 I'm starting to get into hockey:

Goalie Masks

Tuukka Rask's goalie mask is pure awesomeness.

boston-tuukka-rask.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back