Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're a hopeless computer nerd when you're sitting there at midnight on a Thursday night in 2013 trying to get Netscape Navigator 4 working in Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. This is the very definition of meaningless action.

At least you lost early.

Just saw that the Ducks tied it up with less than a minute left in the 3rd. That DOES suck.

Nope. What happened was there a 5:00 major. Detroit got a penalty, made if 4-4, Ducks went on power play and scored in the last 30 seconds in the 2nd period.

Oh, I read it wrong. Thought it said 19:28 of the third.

Last year the Caps had a one-goal lead at the Rangers with less than a minute left. Rangers pulled the goalie. Face-off in the Caps' zone with eight frigging seconds left. The Rangers scored right off the draw. Of course they won in OT.

Oh, I read it wrong. Thought it said 19:28 of the third.

Last year the Caps had a one-goal lead at the Rangers with less than a minute left. Rangers pulled the goalie. Face-off in the Caps' zone with eight frigging seconds left. The Rangers scored right off the draw. Of course they won in OT.

Hockey/basketball is so much about momentum it's crazy. You could feel the Ducks get all of it.

Tough game. Gotta win game 6, then worry about game 7.

Last 20 games for Gattis: .205/.231/.425 with a 26.9% K rate and a 2.6% BB rate

I love Gattis. Think he's going to be really good. But when Heyward comes back........I'd send him down to Gwinnett.

Hockey man.

FraserPuckForehead.gif

Why some guys choose to not wear a shield is beyond me.

Last 20 games for Gattis: .205/.231/.425 with a 26.9% K rate and a 2.6% BB rate

I love Gattis. Think he's going to be really good. But when Heyward comes back........I'd send him down to Gwinnett.

He's 26 and he's second on the team in RBI. I don't think AAA does Gattis any good. I'd DFA David Carpenter and go with 11 pitchers or find a fake injury and DL somebody.

Wren could also make a phone call and flip Reed Johnson for a prospect. Already 3 other guys on the roster that can play CF.

Noch.

Jimbo Mathus & The Tri-State Coalition. Check 'em out man.

A) Excellent recommendation, just listened to the two records they have for him on Spotify and that is good stuff. Thank you sir.

B) Also sent your recommendation on to a friend of mine who also hadn't heard of him and apparently has some time to kill because he was checking out Jimbo's wiki page. Apparently he was in the Squirrel Nut Zippers back in the day and a band called Johnny Vomit and the Dry Heaves, which is just all kinds of awesome.

A) Excellent recommendation, just listened to the two records they have for him on Spotify and that is good stuff. Thank you sir.

B) Also sent your recommendation on to a friend of mine who also hadn't heard of him and apparently has some time to kill because he was checking out Jimbo's wiki page. Apparently he was in the Squirrel Nut Zippers back in the day and a band called Johnny Vomit and the Dry Heaves, which is just all kinds of awesome.

Yep that is correct man, he is out of the SNZ. They're pretty good. They are a melting pot of Delta blues, alt country, and Memphis Soul with a slight side of punk. Talented band.

Yep that is correct man, he is out of the SNZ. They're pretty good. They are a melting pot of Delta blues, alt country, and Memphis Soul with a slight side of punk. Talented band.

Yeah, after 5 songs or so, my first thought was these guys are all over the place, but in an incredibly awesome way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back